[Today at 12:29:26 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by rocky_warrior
[Today at 12:26:02 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Diener's Blog: No more "Ring the Bell, Baby! It's Diener Time"  (Read 3723 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Diener's Blog: No more "Ring the Bell, Baby! It's Diener Time"
« on: February 08, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »
New role, new look arrived in Milwaukee
Feb 8, 2008

Making the first start of my NBA career in Milwaukee was a great experience, personally, especially with all the fans, my parents and my family and friends there to support me – plus, spending four years there in college with the support from Marquette. So for me, personally, my first start couldn't have been at a better place, you know?

Unfortunately we didn't win but my mentality stays the same. I just come out, play with energy, try to do the things Coach O'Brien wants us to do and try to win. My mindset doesn't change whether I'm starting or not playing at all.

Some people wonder why I looked so different in Milwaukee. It's a grandma thing. Every time I go back there I get haircut and I usually shave for my grandma. Fans get a kick out of that. It was pretty well-known in Orlando; I never got a haircut pretty much until I went back to Milwaukee or All-Star break.

Even though I've been starting lately, it's not like people recognize me more now around town. I blend in pretty easily. I'm a 6-foot guy that can blend in with any crowd. I'm not Jeff walking around or Jermaine. I'm not 6-10, so it's pretty easy for me to blend in. Some people are going to recognize you but I don't go out much.

I also want to set the record straight on that "Ring the bell, baby, it's Diener time" call they made during a game after I hit a couple of threes. You may have noticed they don't do that anymore. I didn't really like it, so I asked them to stop. Plus, I don't like drawing that kind of attention to myself during a game.

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=300023103&messageID=300523126#300523126
SS Marquette

romey

• All American
Re: Diener's Blog: No more "Ring the Bell, Baby! It's Diener Time"
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 06:48:37 PM »
Total class act.  I love when players are humble and don't trash talk, don't call attention to themselves - just play ball.  I guess I'm old school.