[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What Short Memories we have  (Read 1983 times)

sigep80

• Scholarship Player
What Short Memories we have
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:14:12 AM »
Just over two weeks ago, after losses to UL and UC, there was discussion on this board about what the team needed to do for the rest of the games. 

At that time, the general consensus was that we needed to win 3 out of the next 4 (DePaul, USF, Cincy, UL).  Guess what, that's what we did.  Chill out!

Looking at the next five (at ND, SH and St. Johns, and home vs Pitt and Rutgers), we should be able to go 4 - 1, at the very least 3 -2.  At 4-1, that would leave us at 10 - 5 going into the last 3 of the season.

It's a little soon for me to prognisticate the last 3, as I would like to see how the Cuse and Nova do in the next couple of weeks.  But it's not hard to see us win 2 of those and finish 12-6.

That's pretty damn good for this conference.  Add in the nc of 11-1, and we good realistically finish at 23-7. 

I'll take that.

IlikecreansoIcantposthere

• Walk-On
Re: What Short Memories we have
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 03:45:03 PM »
how dare you not over react to a loss and remain objective

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:53:25 PM »
Just over two weeks ago, after losses to UL and UC, there was discussion on this board about what the team needed to do for the rest of the games. 

At that time, the general consensus was that we needed to win 3 out of the next 4 (DePaul, USF, Cincy, UL).  Guess what, that's what we did.  Chill out!

Looking at the next five (at ND, SH and St. Johns, and home vs Pitt and Rutgers), we should be able to go 4 - 1, at the very least 3 -2.  At 4-1, that would leave us at 10 - 5 going into the last 3 of the season.

It's a little soon for me to prognisticate the last 3, as I would like to see how the Cuse and Nova do in the next couple of weeks.  But it's not hard to see us win 2 of those and finish 12-6.

That's pretty damn good for this conference.  Add in the nc of 11-1, and we good realistically finish at 23-7. 

I'll take that.

The problem was that we lost huge during our losses.  Plus we got Chilli Whipped by our biggest conference rival at HOME!!

Eye

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:46:47 PM »
I'm shocked I'm going to agree with Nate on this, but the way MU has played, not just the loss per se, has been the problem in these Big East losses. MU has not been competitive in its four Big East losses. I don't recall anyone being peeved after the Duke loss in the big picture, because MU played reasonably well and lost to a high-quality opponent. MU simply has not been competitive for the most part at WVU, twice against U of L and at UConn.

Maybe look at it this way. MU has played 10 Big East games. I'm very happy with what I saw against PC, ND and at Cincy. MU played at less than its best, but won against the Hall, DePaul and USF. So three very happy, three OK, four non-competitive. That's a pretty mixed bag so far. That shouldn't be as much of the case as it is with a team whose five best players are a senior, three juniors and a sophomore. While they had Novak and Chapman around to lead the way, the juniors were much more consistent two years ago than they are now.
GO WARRIORS!