[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Warriors/Friars Game Thread  (Read 12278 times)

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
Re: Warriors/Friars Game Thread
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2021, 08:28:57 PM »
The program is broken.  No shame in recognizing that.  The only fault would be for fans and/or administration to ignore it.

Look at the last 10 seconds.  Wojo is yelling for the team NOT to foul, because the game was over.  What does the team do? Foul.  There’s no cohesion between players and coach.  There’s a talent gap between our team and other programs in conference.  There’s also a noticeable lack in development of our players compared to other programs’.  For first time in my MU fandom, I was not angry or frustrated by us losing.  I accepted it.  We are in ROUGH shape moving forward.  We are going to struggle winning a majority of our games.

The question is will it be enough to force a change...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2021, 08:33:19 PM »
If Woj had developed team play, instead of getting in bed with Howard, he wouldn't be in this spot now, hey?

Has nothing to do with Markus.  Has a lot to do with Duke.   I think.

I truly believe Wojo does OK teaching the basics of basketball offense and defense.  But to "cover" for the wrinkles that other coaches & players throw at you, he relies on the personnel.   The players are responsible for the gap that Wojo leaves, and he doesn't provide enough support, energy, or strategies.  That's where Markus was awesome.

And that's no me saying it's not Wojo's fault - because it seems after all these years he's still missing the mark on the intangibles of team energy, and providing a few pointers to beat guys one-on-one, or as a team. 

But for those that think Cooley is a good guy & coach.  We've basically got Cooley.  Looked like two of the same team tonight.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2021, 08:36:10 PM »
Symir should not play, This is ridicilous. Are jose and akkano that bad? Stevie if ur half decent ur forsh year, get ready to take this guys time. cant take these losses anymore... omg

I mentioned this following the Depaul game.  Who takes Koby's spot next year, well this year also because Koby always in foul trouble? 

Tonight Akanno got the first sub and he has had his opportunities, cannot hit a shot.
Elliott basically comes in for Cain, so he is out at guard #2 spot.  Too thin and can't dribble.
Symir, well he has had his chances, BUT he cannot hit an outside shot to save his life.  Symir is 4 for 27 from three for a whopping 14%.  That is brutal bad. 

Hope for a transfer or this Mitchell kid from Philly actually can shoot. 

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2021, 08:44:37 PM »
I mentioned this following the Depaul game.  Who takes Koby's spot next year, well this year also because Koby always in foul trouble? 

Tonight Akanno got the first sub and he has had his opportunities, cannot hit a shot.
Elliott basically comes in for Cain, so he is out at guard #2 spot.  Too thin and can't dribble.
Symir, well he has had his chances, BUT he cannot hit an outside shot to save his life.  Symir is 4 for 27 from three for a whopping 14%.  That is brutal bad. 

Hope for a transfer or this Mitchell kid from Philly actually can shoot.

My cousin saw Mitchell a half dozen times and said he's an under the radar talented scorer.  Not sure if he'll translate to college, but we'll know next year.

Looking forward to seeing him.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2021, 08:48:19 PM »
I thought the turning point of the game was around 14 minute mark and score was like 33-30.

Koby misses a wide open layup
Garcia misses a two footer
Lewis misses a two footer
Koby throws in bound pass directly to PU player

Four possessions and I believe MU had made four stops.  That sequence was really bad.

For the game MU shooting 3 for 16 from three also bad, with turnovers.  Cain took one shot and was fouled, so basically zero shot attempts. 

Dawson Garcia in last two games has a total of 8 points and 6 turnovers.  Alot of hype for the young fella, but he is struggling. 

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2021, 08:52:51 PM »
We don’t have 40 minutes of energy and consistent positive play.  There was one rebound we missed and we had two guys who could get it versus their one.  Looked like each assumed the other would get it. 

Attack the basket.  It works a lot. With 27 seconds left game tied and we have the ball - did the team know what the play was?  No time out. Ok maybe that was the strategy. But out of control ball movement. Should have had carton attack the rim. 

And .8 left we have Elliott shooting but not from his corner spots.  Where’s Garcia?  Setting a screen I think.  Ugh.  Frustrating to watch. 

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2021, 08:54:09 PM »
Another disappointing effort.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2021, 08:56:47 PM »
Marquette basketball has become a terd in the public restroom that can’t be flushed.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2021, 09:01:36 PM »
Another painful loss. idk tourney is prolly out of reach

feedback