[Today at 03:40:45 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Should Scoop Be Shut Down?  (Read 8782 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Should Scoop Be Shut Down?
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2021, 06:51:50 PM »
#Free BeeJay 2021
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2021, 06:52:23 PM »
This place is "Marquette's Parler" and should be treated as such.

Ok “boomer” haha

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2021, 07:00:44 PM »
I used to think that too.  But there are now so many angry dysfunctional people here that they live for the loss so they can make these inane idiotic arguments.

They get upset when MU wins as it forces them to hold their bile.

I just don't know Heisenberg.  I haven't been here very long and can't quantify anger and idiocy levels.  When I thought you were gone I bought Casa Tranquilla as an investment.  Got it dirt cheap after you whacked Gustavo Fring.  But in light of your resurrection I am happy to give it to you for a grand total of:  $0.00.  Be well and I will not speak of this to the authorities.

What'd you do with your Apple stock though?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2021, 07:08:33 PM »
'NM' thread had a fantastic run but, "the King is dead! Long live the King"

What's a page view?
It's that little shot of endorphin you feel when someone responds to one of your topics

ANYWAY - - -
We were in a time crunch for dinner tonight and found some leftover Tiberino, which we stock up on them for the summer 'mega hiking vaca' quick dinners. Solid recommend.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2021, 07:10:34 PM »
What'd you do with your Apple stock though?

Keep it as I now own 1000 shares after the 4/1 split. 

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2021, 07:23:50 PM »
'NM' thread had a fantastic run but, "the King is dead! Long live the King"
It's that little shot of endorphin you feel when someone responds to one of your topics

ANYWAY - - -
We were in a time crunch for dinner tonight and found some leftover Tiberino, which we stock up on them for the summer 'mega hiking vaca' quick dinners. Solid recommend.

So you don't know what it is ... just one of the rote statements that you think is a shot at me but don't fully understand.

So back to picking the next coach from a pool of unqualified candidates no one has heard of before.  That is your wheelhouse.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

connie

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2021, 07:51:20 PM »
Celebrate mediocrity, shut down dissent, deprive those that disagree with you a forum--It's Woke Scoop!
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2021, 07:53:05 PM »
What's a page view?

Dude. Slow clap. Slow. Clap.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2021, 08:15:10 PM »
So you don't know what it is ... just one of the rote statements that you think is a shot at me but don't fully understand.

So back to picking the next coach from a pool of unqualified candidates no one has heard of before.  That is your wheelhouse.
Dude....everyone knows what a page view is. The joke is that you are so unfathomably narcissistic that you constantly start conversations that are baseless and get a rush out of people responding (guilty right now)

Pretty sure the comment on the coaching pick is meant for someone else that gets under your skin, no idea what you're talking about. Please enlighten me

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2021, 08:35:31 PM »
What's a page view?

The reason you started this thread in the first place.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2021, 09:06:52 PM »
Winning makes people happy.
Not if you’re 5DollarBitcher.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2021, 09:07:19 PM »
Not if you’re 5DollarBitcher.
Pitcher*

Sorry. Autocorrect.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2021, 09:09:14 PM »

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2021, 09:12:49 PM »
Dodds board and MUSCOOP both have their place.
I have to give Dodds credit for interviewing coaches and players.
MUSCOOP is a great outlet for disgruntled fans.  That has been pretty much the scoop for the last couple of years.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2021, 09:32:28 PM »
YES

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2021, 09:33:45 PM »
Keep it as I now own 1000 shares after the 4/1 split.

Cuz you're new here ...

Several years and at least one stock split (maybe 2) ago, Smuggles was telling people not to buy AAPL at $90 because it was dead money.

Guess what? It wasn't. It's up many, many, many hundred percent since then.

Congrats on keeping your shares and having a very nice stake in a great American company. Me too!

(BTW, Smuggles is Heisenberg. Around the time he was demonstrating his stock-picking acumen, he bragged something like, "I know I'm smug. It's because I'm right so often." So I call him Smuggles. He even changed his screen name to that for a brief time IIRC.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2021, 09:47:44 PM »
Tyvm and congrats to you as well.  Full disclosure I got in at a very fortunate date.  it was somewhat dumb luck but as a long-term investor I won't touch it for at least 20 yrs. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2021, 05:55:05 AM »
"Toxic". Now there is a newer code word for racism or social injustice.
Please leave Scoop as is.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2021, 07:20:35 AM »
Tyvm and congrats to you as well.  Full disclosure I got in at a very fortunate date.  it was somewhat dumb luck but as a long-term investor I won't touch it for at least 20 yrs.

Luck is huge in investing. Often times, "lucky timing" comes out of being aware, being willing to invest when others aren't buying, etc. So maybe your success with AAPL wasn't as lucky as you think it was. But either way ... it's fun when this kind of thing works out! Smuggles wasn't the only AAPL bear back when he was saying "Run!" It takes perseverance to ignore the noise and stay with a stock like that (or, hopefully, buy even more).
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Viper

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2021, 07:26:25 AM »
This place is "Marquette's Parler" and should be treated as such.
twitter is trash. Parler tbd...but should be void of censorship, however...just like Scoop. Scoop is NEEDED. Scoop is required. We may hammer on each other at times, but even a little hate is ok. We all love MU hoops and are disgusted by the direction the program is going. Scoop is a lifeline. Long live Scoop.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2021, 07:39:11 AM »
twitter is trash. Parler tbd...but should be void of censorship, however...just like Scoop. Scoop is NEEDED. Scoop is required. We may hammer on each other at times, but even a little hate is ok. We all love MU hoops and are disgusted by the direction the program is going. Scoop is a lifeline. Long live Scoop.

Twitter, Parler and Scoop have never been "void of censorship."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2021, 07:57:38 AM »

I think it's a very slippery slope FBM if you want to have a discussion about censorship on certain platforms.  And I would hope you don't want actual censorship, my guess is you're not a Uighur living in China.  Obviously hateful speech is ubiquitous but inciting violence vs abhorrent or disturbing language are two separate things. 

The biggest problem is when a "platform" interprets various hate speech differently and perceives one view as threatening and not the other.  They claim not to be publishing companies for liability reasons, but they do operate as publishers which is a major prob.  I'd be happy to share many examples but I'm sure as a learned individual you are well aware of these issues.  And what makes this whole thing incredibly difficult is the last thing on earth we want is government control over these forums/platforms. 

As for Scoop, from my modest readings, there is zero reason to censor anything.  The same is true of Dodds' site despite some saying it's "toxic". 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2021, 08:12:34 AM »
I think it's a very slippery slope FBM if you want to have a discussion about censorship on certain platforms.  And I would hope you don't want actual censorship, my guess is you're not a Uighur living in China.  Obviously hateful speech is ubiquitous but inciting violence vs abhorrent or disturbing language are two separate things. 

The biggest problem is when a "platform" interprets various hate speech differently and perceives one view as threatening and not the other.  They claim not to be publishing companies for liability reasons, but they do operate as publishers which is a major prob.  I'd be happy to share many examples but I'm sure as a learned individual you are well aware of these issues.  And what makes this whole thing incredibly difficult is the last thing on earth we want is government control over these forums/platforms. 

As for Scoop, from my modest readings, there is zero reason to censor anything.  The same is true of Dodds' site despite some saying it's "toxic". 

Private companies doing what private companies do....be it Twitter, Parler or Scoop, Inc.

And none of them are publishers.  I mean, in ways they kinda act like publishers no doubt, but you really can't take new technology and apply old laws to it and have it make sense.

I can tell you one thing, you remove that liability protection and censorship will go up 1,000%.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Viper

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2021, 10:00:05 AM »

you are correct. When it gets rough it gets locked.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2021, 10:05:51 AM »
For grins and giggles it would be fun to read posts and topics from MUSCOOPS inception days during the Crean years.
To see how MUSCOOP has evolved, advanced or regressed.

feedback