[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: DePaul Game Thread  (Read 18989 times)

skianth16

• All American
Re: DePaul Game Thread
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2021, 12:11:12 AM »
Theo said if you don't share the team's political views, they don't want you to root for them.

Well, at this point, even those that do share their politics may not want to watch this sinking ship.

And I know the coaching is poor, but I just don't see the talent necessary to be a solid program.

I know people want to bicker over politics in every internet forum, but what Thel said isn't really about politics. What he said isn't about any organization or candidate. What he said could be rephrased as "please care about us as people first and be athletes second." An honest, simple request that everyone should be happy to honor.

I'm sure a lot of people can relate to having a boss that didn't care about your life outside of work. It's awful to not get some flexibility when you have to get your kid to practice or you have a sick parent or even when you need to get your teeth cleaned. Having someone view your basic humanity as secondary to your ability to produce a product or deliver a service is an awful feeling.

All Theo was asking for is for fans to think of him and his teammates as people primarily. There's nothing controversial about that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 12:18:04 AM by skianth16 »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2021, 12:16:28 AM »
lunatic on the facebook page says symir is an NBA talent.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2021, 12:55:59 AM »
He’s got good stats on his Peloton though. Showing some guns in his profile pic too. Doesn’t that count for something?

At least he is good at something. He will have more time to ride his peloton when he is done driving MU over the fiscal cliff!

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2021, 12:58:35 AM »
lunatic on the facebook page says symir is an NBA talent.

Symir is a poor mans traci carter. Has a long way to go for sure. I like symir but think he belongs on the type of team that we would play in the beginning of November at home.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 01:00:45 AM by CountryRoads »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2021, 12:08:02 PM »
Killed in transition points with the dumb turnovers and the quicksand offense ending in forced threes. Death by suicide and Wojo should be fighting for his career upcoming. It's the worst stinker of the year but the only one that MU "should have" won. But, with a system coach, if you get in the hole in a game, they often don't climb out which is what we saw yesterday.

That said, Twitter classless sword fights, planned boycotts and Scoop masturbation threads aren't the answer.  Wojo needs to get back in the saddle and right the ship now, or his future is cast, w/wo COVID. Support our players!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2021, 12:35:20 PM »
Killed in transition points with the dumb turnovers and the quicksand offense ending in forced threes. Death by suicide and Wojo should be fighting for his career upcoming. It's the worst stinker of the year but the only one that MU "should have" won. But, with a system coach, if you get in the hole in a game, they often don't climb out which is what we saw yesterday.

That said, Twitter classless sword fights, planned boycotts and Scoop masturbation threads aren't the answer.  Wojo needs to get back in the saddle and right the ship now, or his future is cast, w/wo COVID. Support our players!

There's no fans right now. Outside of not being an a$$ on Twitter what do you suggest people do to support the players?

Maigh Eo for Sam

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2021, 01:08:27 PM »
So this is what the MU Scoop Basketball site has come down to.  Posters F-bombing each other and inserting political issues  and other personal aspects into discussions on a basketball game.  Many years ago, this site was fun to come to and actually have pertinent discussions good or bad.  Bad players, bad games bad coaching.  Then there were the great games, great players and great coaching analysis.  There were reflections on recruiting, the overall context of Big East basketball and the discussions never, ever digressed on this board to the point it is now, especially in this thread.  It's pretty disgusting.

There are the "Meat Summit" posters who have a elite sub group and let it be known to all that their word is gospel and all others are not.  The prowojos, the nojos, the political joes, that's great and to each their own.  We even have Herman, who at times is abit out there, but at least he expresses his thoughts in a friendly manner and has a passion for the program. Herman has never F-bombed anyone and is extremely diplomatic even when being called out. The opinions of each should be discussed, but not to the extent where there are vicious, hatred posts.  I just don't understand it. The board has lost alot of credible posters over the years and they never participated in the personal attacks as displayed in this thread and others.  Maybe the "mods" can do something to contain it, but doubtful, puts them in a bad position. 

Look, the program might not be where everyone wants it, but I will continue to root for them no matter what.  I also will look forward to reasonable, friendly discussions amongst MU fans. Thats what being an alumni is for.  It's just a basketball game.

Well said. I'm always amazed at the vitriol among fans that breaks out after a loss, especially an unexpected one. And I'm going to take a beating from my Blue Rat friends all year. I hope after a (good) night's sleep some of the vitriolic can tone down their tone going forward. Looking forward to Wednesday.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #232 on: January 24, 2021, 09:26:07 PM »
No one cares about your wife’s stupud ugly ass

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #233 on: January 24, 2021, 09:28:03 PM »
Great job boys not marrying someone as ugly as bad reporter

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2021, 12:48:38 PM »
It might be a bit of a cherry pick stat, but PaintTouches shared an interesting tidbit about the Depaul series today that I found interesting. I did a little fact checking myself on this and it looks like prior to Wojo, the last time MU lost to a Non-NCAA tournament Depaul team at home was February 14, 1977 and the only other time this happened before that was February 12, 1964.

Wojo has tied that amount as he has already lost his second home game against an Abysmal (capital A) Depaul team for the second time in his tenure. The more you look at this loss, the worse it looks.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2021, 01:59:03 PM »
the last time MU lost to a Non-NCAA tournament Depaul team at home was February 14, 1977 and the only other time this happened before that was February 12, 1964.

That is quite the cherry picked stat.  And there's certainly no good excuse for losing to DePaul home or away this year.  But we also can't pretend "home" and "away" mean much this year.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2021, 02:37:33 PM »
It might be a bit of a cherry pick stat, but PaintTouches shared an interesting tidbit about the Depaul series today that I found interesting. I did a little fact checking myself on this and it looks like prior to Wojo, the last time MU lost to a Non-NCAA tournament Depaul team at home was February 14, 1977 and the only other time this happened before that was February 12, 1964.

Wojo has tied that amount as he has already lost his second home game against an Abysmal (capital A) Depaul team for the second time in his tenure. The more you look at this loss, the worse it looks.
nvm
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 02:43:18 PM by Johnny B »

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2021, 04:21:27 PM »
Wojo has lost to DePaul more than Buzz and Crean did combined.  Woof.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2021, 06:41:55 PM »

Again, that’s sounds bad when you say it out loud.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2021, 08:25:07 PM »
I have always said one of Wojo's strength's is he has embraced the history of Marquette Basketball. Keeps in contact with all the Alums and loves being part of the storied tradition. So consistent with this institutional approach, Wojo has now reinvigorated MU's historic rivalry with DePaul.

panda

• All American
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2021, 08:26:24 PM »
I have always said one of Wojo's strength's is he has embraced the history of Marquette Basketball. Keeps in contact with all the Alums and loves being part of the storied tradition. So consistent with this institutional approach, Wojo has now reinvigorated MU's historic rivalry with DePaul.

Lol nice

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2021, 08:55:00 PM »

Which is quite damning considering DePaul had a few strong years during TC’s years when Kennedy and Leito were buying highly ranked and NBA bound recruits, even making a couple NCAA tournaments
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2021, 10:00:13 PM »
Which is quite damning considering DePaul had a few strong years during TC’s years when Kennedy and Leito were buying highly ranked and NBA bound recruits, even making a couple NCAA tournaments

Whatever you do, don’t look at DePaul’s season Big East finishes during the Wojo era. It won’t make it any better.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2021, 02:01:41 AM »
You would know since you are a lying cheater who gets women drunk to take advantage of them. #metoo

AlphaBanguara

• Walk-On
« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2021, 03:26:27 AM »
You would know since you are a lying cheater who gets women drunk to take advantage of them. #metoo

Our friendly muscoop moderators may engage in the occasional doxxing of the muscoop community members, but I feel like this accusation you are lobbing at them is extreme and slanderous. Why are you posting this crap?

AlphaBanguara

• Walk-On
« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2021, 03:33:08 AM »

This trolling is so bad, I honestly have no idea if the person writing it is a conservative or liberal. At a surface level, we are supposed to believe this is a liberal poster with the hashtag metoo stuff. So, obvious troll is obvious, so then we would assume this is truly a conservative. But the trolling is so bad, I think it's a liberal who's acting as a triple agent, which leads me to believe the poster is actually liberal again. Moderators, please doxx this person for us.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2021, 09:27:22 AM »

feedback