[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo to Penn State?  (Read 8665 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Wojo to Penn State?
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2021, 01:15:18 PM »
John Calipari might be looking for a job, too.

MU should call dibs
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2021, 01:36:24 PM »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2021, 01:53:17 PM »
Penn State is in the Big Ten ,has good facilities  is close to Wojo’s home town of Baltimore and can afford to pay top salary on a long term contract .So I think this would be an attractive situation for Wojo .

I can confirm this is true.

I actually laughed out loud at this. Well played.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2021, 03:08:39 PM »
A wet dream that would be if wojo left, however it wouldn’t solve the issue with the MU brass. 

I’d feel much better if Lovell, or Scholl would send him packing as it would show they have some stones, and wouldn’t accept this 7 year train wreck any longer.  With the current admin in place, I’d venture to guess it will be more of the same even if wojo did leave.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2021, 03:18:38 PM »
When this happens, will Gregg Marshall have spent enough time reflecting on his past behavior and rehabbing  his image to be in a position to be the replacement at Marquette?
Did someone forget the teal?
I am pretty sure this is going to happen right after we change the team name back to "Warriors".

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2021, 03:33:56 PM »
A wet dream that would be if wojo left, however it wouldn’t solve the issue with the MU brass. 

I’d feel much better if Lovell, or Scholl would send him packing as it would show they have some stones, and wouldn’t accept this 7 year train wreck any longer.  With the current admin in place, I’d venture to guess it will be more of the same even if wojo did leave.

It's far from a train wreck it's a 7 year (so far) sentence to purgatory. I'm all for  hating on the guy but let's be intellectually honest, there's still too recruits coming in, there's still great wins. He just hasn't improved since the Ellanson year and seemingly will always remain right about this level.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2021, 03:37:51 PM »
It's far from a train wreck it's a 7 year (so far) sentence to purgatory. I'm all for  hating on the guy but let's be intellectually honest, there's still too recruits coming in, there's still great wins. He just hasn't improved since the Ellanson year and seemingly will always remain right about this level.

Every year since the Ellenson year has been better than the Ellenson year. MU finished 97th in Kenpom that year. have finished between 31-53 since (32, 53, 33, 31).

Purgatory is a good way to describe it. I don't see any reason to think we'll finish worse than 60th in the future but it's hard to envision a path into the top 15 or so too.

panda

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2021, 03:40:04 PM »
Every year since the Ellenson year has been better than the Ellenson year. MU finished 97th in Kenpom that year. have finished between 31-53 since (32, 53, 33, 31).

Purgatory is a good way to describe it. I don't see any reason to think we'll finish worse than 60th in the future but it's hard to envision a path into the top 15 or so too.

We're the perennial 8 seed in the NBA playoffs...

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2021, 03:41:57 PM »

Marquette has finished in the top 15 twice.  In 2003 they finished 15th and in 2008 they finished 14th.  If that's your goal, you aren't going to be happy with many coaches.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2021, 03:54:53 PM »

Marquette has finished in the top 15 twice.  In 2003 they finished 15th and in 2008 they finished 14th.  If that's your goal, you aren't going to be happy with many coaches.

It's not my goal but I think that's what most here are looking for. I'd be happy with finishes between 20-40 and winning some tournament games every few years.

If they make the tournament this year to make it 4 out of 5 years, that's a good level of success for a program like MU. Just need to string a tournament run together once in awhile.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2021, 04:00:08 PM »
if this is where were at lets all stop acting like a serious program. i get its conjecture but damn. 7 year coach in big east with lots of resources and good treatmeant from the higher ups just bounces for penn state b ball. lol dystopian soceity

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2021, 04:00:56 PM »
Yeah I mean it's certainly not a train wreck.  But that's not a good narrative so why not dig our head in the sand?

Also, there's literally nothing serious about this.  I mean, look at who the original poster is and you should know how seriously to take this.  I could do it with any number of programs that are struggling.

Hey guys, you think Wojo can close out the year strong enough for ISU to want to continue the Marquette West tradition?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 04:03:36 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

panda

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2021, 04:13:36 PM »
Yeah I mean it's certainly not a train wreck.  But that's not a good narrative so why not dig our head in the sand?

Also, there's literally nothing serious about this.  I mean, look at who the original poster is and you should know how seriously to take this.  I could do it with any number of programs that are struggling.

Hey guys, you think Wojo can close out the year strong enough for ISU to want to continue the Marquette West tradition?

I'm sure it's an unsubstantiated rumor, but PSU has an interim head coach now and will be looking to fill the position on a permanent basis after the season.

MUINGB

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2021, 04:16:28 PM »
Wojo not going anywhere.  Get over it

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2021, 04:28:29 PM »
I'm sure it's an unsubstantiated rumor, but PSU has an interim head coach now and will be looking to fill the position on a permanent basis after the season.

Yes, I'm aware.  Like I said, I could make up something about a bottom feeding power conference program and say hey, maybe this is our Wojo out.  All you need to do is look at the OP and you'll know how serious of a possibility this is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2021, 04:29:36 PM »
Also, I abso-freaking-lutely love that all the tough guys saying Lovell, Scholl, the administration all blow and have no balls are the exact same people who are begging to bring Brian Wardle in.  That is the EXACT type of move that they claim to be scared of.

panda

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2021, 04:35:24 PM »
Yes, I'm aware.  Like I said, I could make up something about a bottom feeding power conference program and say hey, maybe this is our Wojo out.  All you need to do is look at the OP and you'll know how serious of a possibility this is.

Sorry - You didn't mention anything about it in your original unedited post so I thought I'd interject. As I said before, I believe it to be unsubstantiated given the source.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2021, 04:35:33 PM »
When this happens, will Gregg Marshall have spent enough time reflecting on his past behavior and rehabbing  his image to be in a position to be the replacement at Marquette?
Think so. After all, he would be following the Mike McCarthy Philosophy, and he ended up on "America's Team.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2021, 04:36:54 PM »
John Calipari might be looking for a job, too.
If Calipari does need to look for a job, that will take less than 48 hours.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2021, 04:38:44 PM »

I was more pointing to the high teens/20 win season being the peak along with being a game above or below .500 in conference (Ellenson was 20 wins and 8-10 IIRC)
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2021, 04:38:47 PM »
Think so. After all, he would be following the Mike McCarthy Philosophy, and he ended up on "America's Team.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2021, 04:58:42 PM »

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2021, 05:17:11 PM »
That is pretty funny.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2021, 05:25:11 PM »
That is pretty funny.
The article or the fact he went back 17yrs to dig up an article by one person that targeted Wojo, an article that so captured the essence of 'the locals were slapping the floor' that it got a total of 0 comments? Yeah, PSU was on FIRE for Wojo and will be now!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 06:21:33 PM by naginiF »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2021, 05:29:59 PM »
The "Wojo leaving for a lower tier P6 program" ship has sailed for the time being.  The sample size of mediocrity is too great for a school like Penn State to paint him as an exciting hire for their fan base.  It'll take 2-3 years of top half conference finishes and some NCAA Tournament wins before he's a commodity in the coaching carousel again.
What do you mean lower? They beat us at the Al in the NIT.