[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

If only one Senior extends. Who do you want?

Koby
41 (31.8%)
Theo
61 (47.3%)
Jamal
27 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Author Topic: Which Senior do you want back?  (Read 9060 times)

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
Re: Which Senior do you want back?
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2021, 12:14:43 AM »
Per Wojo from his radio show, none of the seniors are coming back.  Basically said the pretty much none of the seniors in high level conferences will stay around an extra year. 

Also, expect Oso to make huge improvements by the start of next year. 
Well scratch anything I just said...alrighty then.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2021, 12:14:49 AM »
The very very well connected best friend of my fiancé told us not to expect any of them back :(
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2021, 12:20:25 AM »
No way am I giving up on those players, but not sure at this point what they bring to the table.  Oso and Akanno I have hope for, Torrence not so sure,
Elliott is what he is.  Perez no idea.  Lots of question marks if you want a better team next year, maybe worse.
What?????

THEY WONT BE "WORSE" what are you looking at???

They are only going to get better and more explosive and active on both sides of the ball. They won't be worse. Especially if there are fans and things are semi normal and you add that element to it.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2021, 12:25:21 AM »
Oh right for next year my bad. Well we all liked what we saw in brief time from Osa against UCLA so I'm not sure I'd write him off yet. But agree there's nothing I've seen to suggest Akanno, Torrence, Elliott or Perez are ready for prime time. Which is sad because I really had high hopes for Torrence. Not convinced any of the recruits are going to be ready right out the gates either
Then you must be blind!

Some of you are OVERLY CRITICAL and need to open your eyes. I see contributions and potential and improvements in ALL OF THEM!

And trust me, if you know me you know I do not BS stuff if it is not there. I really like how they play for one another and how they work on their games and I see the subtle improvements every game.

After they go through a season like this, they cannot help but grow and get better and be more united and cohesive going through the ordeal of CoVid 19.

Watch and see.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2021, 12:34:51 AM »
Then you must be blind!

Some of you are OVERLY CRITICAL and need to open your eyes. I see contributions and potential and improvements in ALL OF THEM!

And trust me, if you know me you know I do not BS stuff if it is not there. I really like how they play for one another and how they work on their games and I see the subtle improvements every game.

After they go through a season like this, they cannot help but grow and get better and be more united and cohesive going through the ordeal of CoVid 19.

Watch and see.

I mean maybe you could claim Elliott but really you're going to say I'm blind by writing off Torrence and Akanno this season? I'm not saying they can't grow into something, only that they don't have future star power.
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2021, 04:46:10 AM »
The very very well connected best friend of my fiancé told us not to expect any of them back :(

Kant stand Woj, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2021, 05:30:34 AM »
Then you must be blind!

Watch and see.
Not blind.  Just pessimistic.   Seeing everything through the prism of thinking Wojo is the worst coach in the league.  Ergo, everything sucks and nobody will improve.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2021, 09:44:00 AM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2021, 09:46:13 AM »

I expect this to be the norm across the board.  There will be some exceptions for sure but starting your life outside college restraints is pretty appealing. 
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2021, 09:48:20 AM »
I don’t think as many players nationally will return for another year as some believe. I think that believed trend will apply to MUBB as well.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2021, 10:07:01 AM »
I mean maybe you could claim Elliott but really you're going to say I'm blind by writing off Torrence and Akanno this season? I'm not saying they can't grow into something, only that they don't have future star power.

I get what SE is saying.  Theo, Koby and Jamal have been nice players but not much more than "replacement level."  Another year of experience for Lewis, Garcia and Carton IMO is going to improve this team.  Probably not by by much, but IMO that's a solid core to build around for the next two years assuming they all stick around.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2021, 10:12:35 AM »

I get what SE is saying.  Theo, Koby and Jamal have been nice players but not much more than "replacement level."  Another year of experience for Lewis, Garcia and Carton IMO is going to improve this team.  Probably not by by much, but IMO that's a solid core to build around for the next two years assuming they all stick around.

I was agreeing with BC on Lewis Garcia and Carton for next year. SE's statement was that I was blind because I don't think Torrence or Akanno are going to cover Koby and Jamal's work. It's a pretty ridiculous take based on this years work from them.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2021, 10:17:01 AM »
I was agreeing with BC on Lewis Garcia and Carton for next year. SE's statement was that I was blind because I don't think Torrence or Akanno are going to cover Koby and Jamal's work. It's a pretty ridiculous take based on this years work from them.

Oh I agree with that.  Torrence can look the part at times, but is quite limited offensively.  For all the talk we heard about Akanno over the summer, it looks like it was just that.

I wouldn't be surprised if either Kam or Stevie is ahead of both in the rotation come next year.  And I wouldn't doubt that Wojo looks for a one-year transfer for the 2/3 role because I'm not sure next year's starter is on the scholarship table right now.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow