Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall Game Thread  (Read 15655 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Seton Hall Game Thread
« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2020, 09:39:18 AM »
Yeah, that great defensive play turned into a dagger against us.   Sometimes...
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #201 on: December 18, 2020, 09:49:42 AM »
I watched the replay of the Seton Hall “travel” and don’t think it was a bad call by the refs. The guy didn’t really have possession when he was sliding. Theo was also sliding around the floor a lot with the ball (the one where he got it in the backcourt before Carton got it stolen) and I thought that was a similar play.

It would have been nice to get a little home cooking on Koby and Lewis calls but they were the right calls, or at least not bad calls.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2020, 10:05:12 AM »
I can't believe the number of people pointing at the refs after all those turnovers and missed defensive assignments. And this is coming from someone who loves jumping on bad reffing.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2020, 10:08:32 AM »
I can't believe the number of people pointing at the refs after all those turnovers and missed defensive assignments. And this is coming from someone who loves jumping on bad reffing.

Speaking of missed defense. How many times did Willard capitalize on our weak side defender closing in at the basket for an easy three from the wing?
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2020, 10:13:33 AM »

The refs were fine.    Do I disagree with a couple of interpretations?    Always.    Did they dictate outcomes?    Absolutely not.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2020, 08:41:08 PM »
Speaking of missed defense. How many times did Willard capitalize on our weak side defender closing in at the basket for an easy three from the wing?
This has been a problem every game this year. Seems Wojo wants D to sag towards the lane from weak side and loads where ball is, thus leaving weak side 3 open.
Goal is National Championship

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2020, 09:25:01 AM »
So if we have a log of turnovers and missed defensive assignments, the refs can’t be judged?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2020, 10:16:36 AM »
So if we have a log of turnovers and missed defensive assignments, the refs can’t be judged?

Especially with Pomeroy's article on the diminished foul discrepancy of home vs. away teams being called on the home court during C19. A ref's call is a judgment and fans can weigh in on their observations. Refs are biased like the rest of us but they are also paid professionals.

That said, the Seton Hall refs were much, much better than the UCLA refs. MU lost because of MU vs. the Hall.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2020, 10:42:44 AM »
This has been a problem every game this year. Seems Wojo wants D to sag towards the lane from weak side and loads where ball is, thus leaving weak side 3 open.

This is what I discussed before the Creighton game that showed his defensive color in the first half and was down by 10 or 12.  Second half they played more straight
up man and the open 3's were contested.  Wojo's vital mistake in his defensive strategy is that the 3 is the main threat in college basketball. he has weakside zone
tendencies which leaves a wide open shooter.  In todays basketball, the kids are to good when you leave a shooter wide open like MU does.  Let the driver score a 2,
better then giving wide open 3's.  Contested 3's are hard, if they make them, so be it, better team wins.  But open 3's, hate his Defensive ideas.  He should at least
watch Wisconsin and man up.  Even Hall contested the 3's!  MU does not.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2020, 05:22:37 AM »

My point is that they were not the reason we lost. Our own play was the reason.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.