Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: That was embarrassing  (Read 10007 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: That was embarrassing
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2021, 08:23:09 PM »
That he could succeed with Duke talent?

Yes

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2021, 08:23:14 PM »
Did you read what I wrote, I agreed with his points except the point about having time to implement the offense. And yes lots of excuses in there also.

No. After the first sentence I didn’t bother.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2021, 08:26:35 PM »
We can beat this around forever.   I agree that a basic offense can be taught in a few practices.   All of the permutations can take months.   Today, we had Greg setting high ball screens.   Do you think he practiced that all year?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2021, 08:30:35 PM »
No. After the first sentence I didn’t bother.
Well that explains alot.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2021, 08:35:26 PM »
There is no evidence that this is true.
Agreed. I don't think Wojo could be successful with Duke level talent.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2021, 08:44:56 PM »
Years back I was fired from a sales job. I tried like heck but just didn’t produce enough. Didn’t hit the numbers. Boss approached me one day and said they had to let me go. I understood. No hard feelings. In fact, still friends with that boss. Wojo? Didn’t hit the numbers. Tried like heck but it didn’t work out. No hard feelings but we have to let you go. Oh, and unlike the sales guy (me), Wojo will get some nice walk-away money.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2021, 04:45:32 AM »
My question is why?  The team was on somewhat of an upswing. They looked engaged against X. There was no other indication in prior games of the team quitting.

Did Wojo find out he was being released? Did a player or players reveal they werent coming back?  Did someone write a letter?

Their defense started out fine but they couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.  They then started passing up good shots to drive the lane and turned the ball over.  Nothing on offense was working.  It started to effect their defense.  Georgetown hit a couple of difficult shots then got some easy ones and their confidence never waned.  Marquette’s confidence left them.  The rout was on.  Game over.

This happens all the time in basketball to every team.  The team maybe quit at the very end when it was clearly over but not before then. 

It just seems to happen more to us the last few years.  Is it coaching?  Is it talent?  Probably both.   I don’t think the team quit before the game though.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2021, 05:29:09 AM »
Overall grades today:

Offense?  F

Defense? F

Intangibles?  F

Coaching?  F

Effort and tenacity?  F

I'm thoroughly disappointed.  This reaffirmed our program is on the road to nowhere.  It goes well beyond some very poor shooting.  We are piss poor fundamentally on both ends of the floor and it's not just Freshmen.  I saw lethargy and very little will to compete.  This was inexcusable even among past inexcusable performances.  I believe this will be blown up but we are pretty much at rock bottom as a program right now.

Sad but true. Wojo is a nice guy but not a good coach.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2021, 06:13:33 AM »
Aside from 3 players, the talent here is mid-major. Add an inept coach and the results are a disaster. Adios mf'er and da horse you rode in on, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Viper

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2021, 06:36:39 AM »
On the bright side, Notre Dame lost to UNC...by 42.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2021, 07:31:15 AM »
I am a long time Projo, and now converted to Nojo.  Not because of a single thing said on scoop, but because time is up.  I wanted so badly for it to work because of the recruiting, but a lot of good the recruiting has done us when the rubber hits the road.  It didn't work out. Let's move on.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2021, 07:32:00 AM »
Aside from 3 players, the talent here is mid-major. Add an inept coach and the results are a disaster. Adios mf'er and da horse you rode in on, hey?

Aside from those three players, I don't even think the talent is mid major. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow