'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Road Kill  (Read 9959 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Road Kill
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 09:12:40 PM »
MU played good defense against OK St.    OK St played better defense and turned turnovers into points.
Definitely, excellent defense all four games. I guess I should have been more specific and said we haven't seen it before this year in Wojo's tenure.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2020, 09:13:42 PM »
Indeed, a shout out to Floppy McNutpuncher, who finished 0-4 from the field, 0-1 on flop attempts, and missed a crucial front end of a 1-and-1 before fouling out.

I agree

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2020, 09:14:11 PM »
Woaahhahhaahaha Shots all around. hell yeeee1!!
This W deserved a 3 finger pour of Blantons ! ! !  8-)

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2020, 09:16:07 PM »
Hardly Davison

I missed that one first time. Well played.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 09:28:50 PM »
When was the last time any team, much less a Madison team attempted 10 more three than us in a game?  Recognition that whistles are being blown, and having your team attack, solid coaching by the ghost of Stan.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2020, 09:37:16 PM »
When was the last time any team, much less a Madison team attempted 10 more three than us in a game?  Recognition that whistles are being blown, and having your team attack, solid coaching by the ghost of Stan Buzz.

Dare I say, paint touches?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2020, 09:38:59 PM »
Will start a post game thoughts thread in the absence of Tower.

Loved, loved Wojo’s rotation tonight. Give the keys to Carton. Give Greg a few more minutes, especially when we need more energy.

Jamal has been solid all year, except when he has to dribble. So straight up and stiff.

Dawson will be good, but he has to get used to the physicality. He brings the ball down and lets defenders size him up.

Terrible play by Dexter to save the ball. But he’ll contribute this year.

Love that we can turn teams over this year, while also not giving up straight line drives to the bucket over and over.

Koby much better when he can defend and play off the ball versus running the offense.

Like Symir much more as a change of pace guy for a couple minutes. He seemed to push the pace more rather than stand and let his defender crowd him.

Am I missing anything else?

Oh yeah. Justin freaking Lewis is a stud.

Also, Tower is much better at this than me.

Well done. Tower says use numbers next time. ;)

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2020, 09:54:51 PM »
This W deserved a 3 finger pour of Blantons ! ! !  8-)

I opened elijah 18 for this one. Felt nice! Cheers.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2020, 10:03:47 PM »
Will start a post game thoughts thread in the absence of Tower.

Loved, loved Wojo’s rotation tonight. Give the keys to Carton. Give Greg a few more minutes, especially when we need more energy.

Jamal has been solid all year, except when he has to dribble. So straight up and stiff.

Dawson will be good, but he has to get used to the physicality. He brings the ball down and lets defenders size him up.

Terrible play by Dexter to save the ball. But he’ll contribute this year.

Love that we can turn teams over this year, while also not giving up straight line drives to the bucket over and over.

Koby much better when he can defend and play off the ball versus running the offense.

Like Symir much more as a change of pace guy for a couple minutes. He seemed to push the pace more rather than stand and let his defender crowd him.

Am I missing anything else?

Oh yeah. Justin freaking Lewis is a stud.

Also, Tower is much better at this than me.
Turnovers. Symir and Greg with 10 and 15 minutes respectively, no turnovers. Symir’s defense looks better.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »
  • Star making performance for Justin Lewis. I kept thinking "man, he keeps making SOTG type plays." And then he really did.
  • Well-coached game. Offensive gameplan to keep attacking downhill paid off all night long. Defense allowed Ford to be the three-taker most of the time.
  • Carton is interesting. Can really turn it on, but could use more lift on his floaters (can Markus give a tutorial?). Defensively, he's the most aggressive steal pursuer we've had since Jajuan Johnson.
  • Theo played really well with 3 & 4 fouls. Impressive staying on the floor.
  • Wisconsin fans are putting it all on the refs, but it was clear how they were calling the game from the start and they were pretty consistent. Wisconsin didn't get calls until the end because they weren't attacking.
  • Greg was really sneaky good.
  • Koby was also really good. He did hold that one late shot clock three too long and forced it, but his defense was great and he played within himself on offense.
  • Brad Davison finishes his career 0/7 from the field at Fiserv. More than twice as many fouls (9) as points scored (4). Of course, he'll probably play a fifth year...
  • Beating Wisconsin never gets old. Beating #4 Wisconsin? Now that's money. Probably the second best win of Wojo's career.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2020, 10:26:29 PM »
Been saying for some time that DJ has elite level speed . That drive at the end when he went to his off hand was A classic example of what he brings to the table

Justin is a throwback to what MU basketball used to be , tough and talented . Love that he is in our program .

Greg needs more minutes . He makes great decisions when he is on the floor .

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2020, 10:28:30 PM »
Been saying for some time that DJ has elite level speed . That drive at the end when he went to his off hand was A classic example of what he brings to the table

Justin is a throwback to what MU basketball used to be , tough and talented . Love that he is in our program .

Greg needs more minutes . He makes great decisions when he is on the floor .

We have had a lot of tough and talented players in recent years, including Markus, Sam and Theo. Agree about Greg. Can't wait until DJ's shot really starts falling; he will be dangerous.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2020, 10:37:25 PM »
I like that when our PG dribble into the opposing defense, I don't feel like its going to automatically result in a low %age FGA or a turnover.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2020, 10:40:17 PM »
I thought DJ quietly controlled the game in the half court. He also looks like he could score quite a bit more at the rim if he decided to attack more often. Huge credit to Wojo inspiring his team for a big bounce back performance. As close as this game was it felt like we were in control wire to wire.
No Finish Line

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2020, 10:42:45 PM »
  • Star making performance for Justin Lewis. I kept thinking "man, he keeps making SOTG type plays." And then he really did.
  • Well-coached game. Offensive gameplan to keep attacking downhill paid off all night long. Defense allowed Ford to be the three-taker most of the time.
  • Carton is interesting. Can really turn it on, but could use more lift on his floaters (can Markus give a tutorial?). Defensively, he's the most aggressive steal pursuer we've had since Jajuan Johnson.
  • Wisconsin fans are putting it all on the refs, but it was clear how they were calling the game from the start and they were pretty consistent. Wisconsin didn't get calls until the end because they weren't attacking.
  • Koby was also really good. He did hold that one late shot clock three too long and forced it, but his defense was great and he played within himself on offense.
  • Brad Davison finishes his career 0/7 from the field at Fiserv. More than twice as many fouls (9) as points scored (4). Of course, he'll probably play a fifth year...
  • Beating Wisconsin never gets old. Beating #4 Wisconsin? Now that's money. Probably the second best win of Wojo's career.

Nailed it, well done brew.

Everything was accurate. Greg and Koby points easily missed but spot on for tonight. Buck Davison.

I don’t particularly care about being wisconsin because I’m a FIB, but that was tight

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2020, 10:43:21 PM »
In the first minute of the second half, we had four fouls called on us.  UW had a ton called on them in the first half, so it seems like the refs got together at halftime and decided to give them a few make up ones.  Pretty evenly called game.  I never like seeing a game decided on a block/charge, but that was Trice’s fault.  The ref had to call something.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2020, 10:46:45 PM »
Not complaining, but tonight kinda proves that no team should ever play man defense against MU. They’re gonna see a ton of zone in Big East play.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2020, 10:52:04 PM »

Perfecto, brew. Love the note about Douchey McNutpuncher.

Koby quietly had a very effective game tonight. Got aggressive offensively when we needed it but didn't force much. Solid D as usual.

When DJ has the ball, he looks for opportunities to attack. He doesn't dribble just to do it. The offense is definitely better when he's in the game, and it will get better still when his shot starts falling. I think almost every one of them is going in, and I am always talking to the TV, telling him to take it.

The refs had little to do with this game. I mean, we got called for 4 fouls in the first minute of the second half, 2 were barely touches, 2 were on Theo. Refs are refs. They make some good calls and some bad calls. The call at the end of the game was exactly right. And they get bonus points for not falling for McNutpuncher's obvious flop.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2020, 12:00:17 AM »
My favorite play of the night was our third to last offensive possession.  Lewis got Trice (or maybe it was Davis, who, sadly, is going to be very good for them) on him in the post, took his time backing him down even with the shot clock running low, and turned to face and banked it in with the softest touch to go up one.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2020, 12:15:17 AM »
My favorite play of the night was our third to last offensive possession.  Lewis got Trice (or maybe it was Davis, who, sadly, is going to be very good for them) on him in the post, took his time backing him down even with the shot clock running low, and turned to face and banked it in with the softest touch to go up one.

It was Trice. The best part about it was that Lewis recognized the mismatch right away and hollared at John to get out of the post so he could take advantage. Love seeing a freshman know the right play and communicate to a senior to tell him to get out of the way
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2020, 12:35:55 AM »
It was Trice. The best part about it was that Lewis recognized the mismatch right away and hollared at John to get out of the post so he could take advantage. Love seeing a freshman know the right play and communicate to a senior to tell him to get out of the way

It was Trice. Meaning that down the stretch, Trice was ... beaten by DJ, beaten by Lewis, beaten by DJ again, and committed the foul on DJ that led to all the excitement at the end. Love it!

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2020, 12:36:38 AM »
All this on a night where Sam Hauser scored 18, including the last 5 of an OT win for Virginia.  No real point to that comment, just didn't see it mentioned anywhere else

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2020, 12:41:32 AM »
All this on a night where Sam Hauser scored 18, including the last 5 of an OT win for Virginia.  No real point to that comment, just didn't see it mentioned anywhere else

Thanks for sharing.  Very relevant to the MU vs. UW game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2020, 12:44:25 AM »
I am surprised and disappointed by the fairly restrained responses on Buckyville -- outside of a handful of dinguses, they seem to accept that they were outplayed and should move on to the next game.

Full points, though, to the small but brave contingent over there who keep referring to us as The Gold.
Well played.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2020, 01:09:58 AM »
Don't wanna spend much of this thread talking about the Scum in red but...

Davis is really going to be a real pain in the ass for years. He didn't have the game that JL had but he was really impressive.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback