[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Could Gonzaga work in the Big East?  (Read 10307 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Could Gonzaga work in the Big East?
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2021, 01:55:10 PM »
This was formally considered awhile back.  It would be a traffic nightmare, not to mention campus is a lot safer when MUPD squad cars are constantly driving back and forth on Wisconsin Avenue.

1994 and 95. When I started at MU that was the big promise being made to us, that WI Avenue was going to be shut down. In 1995, the city council defeated it by one vote...the Alderman whose district included MU. The current set up is much better than it was in the 90's, as students really have to only cross at designated crosswalks.

If we wanted to do bridges, what about sky bridges from existing/planned buildings? For example,  the new business school to Olin. A D2 school that recruited me for athletics made a big deal out of having every building connected via sky bridge so students didn't have to go outside in the winter. Kind of like DT Minneapolis too. Thought I'm sure the costs for adding them existing buildings would be ridiculously high.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2021, 02:00:04 PM »
1)Not gonna happen, 2)not a snowball's chance in Hell, and 3) when pigs fly.

So you're saying there's a chance?

#donedeal

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2021, 02:14:42 PM »
1994 and 95. When I started at MU that was the big promise being made to us, that WI Avenue was going to be shut down. In 1995, the city council defeated it by one vote...the Alderman whose district included MU. The current set up is much better than it was in the 90's, as students really have to only cross at designated crosswalks.

If we wanted to do bridges, what about sky bridges from existing/planned buildings? For example,  the new business school to Olin. A D2 school that recruited me for athletics made a big deal out of having every building connected via sky bridge so students didn't have to go outside in the winter. Kind of like DT Minneapolis too. Thought I'm sure the costs for adding them existing buildings would be ridiculously high.

Not to mention incredibly ugly. Warriors are tough enough to walk a block or two in cold weather.

Have some patience, FFS.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2021, 04:03:31 PM »

This is the way.

Connect the new B school to Olin. And add another one from Zilbert Hall to Marquette Hall.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2021, 04:04:28 PM »
Not to mention incredibly ugly. Warriors are tough enough to walk a block or two in cold weather.

Right, but clearly not tough enough to live in McCormick Hall. Need a hotel-like experience.

I think the sky bridges is a cool idea.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2021, 04:07:36 PM »
Right, but clearly not tough enough to live in McCormick Hall. Need a hotel-like experience.

I think the sky bridges is a cool idea.

And expensive - especially if you are intending to go over a street.  Put that money toward increased financial aid packages and it would have a much greater impact on enrollment.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2021, 05:07:33 PM »
I think the downhill view East on Wisconsin Avenue is actually pretty nice, and I would hate to see it broken up by a bunch of ugly sky tunnels.

If you want those, go to UW-Parkside.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback