[Today at 11:39:07 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: DJ Not Starting Has Potential Problems  (Read 5296 times)

The Big East

• All American
DJ Not Starting Has Potential Problems
« on: November 25, 2020, 10:06:00 PM »
DJ not starting has potential for big problems. Kid obviously has major elite capabilities and should not be on the line behind McEwen.

Kid already quit one team over playing time issues. Mental Health is code word for I am not a starter.

Not saying there is a problem with this now.  But at some point we are looking at another Kobe King situation. Or DJ taking his free year and going to a coach with more common sense .

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: DJ Not Starting Has Potential Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:06:46 PM »
Well,

you are a moron
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:08:27 PM »
Lol. What an embarrassment.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 10:08:40 PM »
Wow. Trump, your stupidity has outdone yourself.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 10:10:26 PM »
Mental Health is code word for I am not a starter.

This is the kind of mentality that we need to get rid of as a culture.  Who are you say he was lying about mental health issues? The kid had every right to put his mental health first.  I'm glad that the younger generation is starting to recognize that.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 10:18:09 PM »
This is the kind of mentality that we need to get rid of as a culture.  Who are you say he was lying about mental health issues? The kid had every right to put his mental health first.  I'm glad that the younger generation is starting to recognize that.
You are a teacher and around kids that play sports . They get worked up about this stuff . There were  some initial tweets from Carton  at the time complaining he did not fit into Ohio States plans .  That means he was pissed  off about his role.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 10:25:06 PM by Herman Cain »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 10:18:54 PM »
DJ not starting has potential for big problems. Kid obviously has major elite capabilities and should not be on the line behind McEwen.

Kid already quit one team over playing time issues. Mental Health is code word for I am not a starter.

Not saying there is a problem with this now.  But at some point we are looking at another Kobe King situation. Or DJ taking his free year and going to a coach with more common sense .

So stupid...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 10:25:18 PM »
It will all work out.    Quit borrowing trouble.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 10:26:05 PM »
So stupid...

I disagree. It’s amazing. This is the type of deep cut analysis that would definitely warrant a Pulitzer.

Can we, as a MU Scoop community, nominate?

I’m in awe.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 10:26:30 PM »
I forgot. Herman was along with Quentin Grimes. Experienced his official visit to Marquette with him. Guessing Herman was also with DJ at Ohio State and knows the ins and outs of what happened.

What an idiot. This crap has no place on a Marquette basketball forum.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 10:30:11 PM »
You are a teacher and around kids that play sports . They get worked up about this stuff . There were  some initial tweets from Carton  at the time complaining he did not fit into Ohio States plans .  That means he was pissed  off about his role.

I'm also around students who email me to say "I'm going through a rough patch right now, sorry I wasnt paying attention in class."  If a kid tells me their mental health is suffering, I'm going to go out of my way to accommodate them, because mental health is that important.  Kids can't learn if their heads are in the wrong place.  I don't know much about sports psychology, but I gotta imagine it's the same.

Could angry tweets have been a reflection of depression or anxiety? Absolutely.  Assuming that someone is lying about their mental health issues is the pinnacle of not giving a crap about other people.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 10:36:21 PM »

Trump is on his way OUT ! ! !  Maybe you should be too  !! ! 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 10:36:42 PM »
This has more to do with Herman trying to find a knock on Wojo, and bring attention upon himself.

Trump is on his way OUT ! ! !  Maybe you should be too  !! ! 

Couldn’t have said it any better myself.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 10:36:52 PM »
This is 180 degrees wrong.

Carton did not sit out a year like ”regular” transfers and get a year to get used to the new system.  He is better compared to a grad transfers like Chartony, Katin and/or Carlino.  By this metric, he looks good.  I remember how ”lost” those grad transfers looked in first few games.  Carton looks a lot more comfortable.

Let's see where Carton is in 10 games.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 10:40:10 PM »
I'm also around students who email me to say "I'm going through a rough patch right now, sorry I wasnt paying attention in class."  If a kid tells me their mental health is suffering, I'm going to go out of my way to accommodate them, because mental health is that important.  Kids can't learn if their heads are in the wrong place.  I don't know much about sports psychology, but I gotta imagine it's the same.

Could angry tweets have been a reflection of depression or anxiety? Absolutely.  Assuming that someone is lying about their mental health issues is the pinnacle of not giving a crap about other people.
Remember Nick Noskowiak . Said he had mental health issues which really was an excuse for other problems. I was ripped on this board for pointing that out early before it all came out . Then people apologized

What I am saying is DJ is an extremely elite player . I would hate to see Wojo inadvertently throw literally one of the top players in the Big East under the bus .

Carton is the kid who leads us places because he has the speed to compete with real teams . Got to keep him happy.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 10:43:44 PM »
Sweet fancy Moses.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 10:45:14 PM »
Remember Nick Noskowiak . Said he had mental health issues which really was an excuse for other problems. I was ripped on this board for pointing that out early before it all came out . Then people apologized

What I am saying is DJ is an extremely elite player . I would hate to see Wojo inadvertently throw literally one of the top players in the Big East under the bus .

Carton is the kid who leads us places because he has the speed to compete with real teams . Got to keep him happy.

You don’t think a 16 year old kid having behavioral issues could possibly have mental health issues?

You’re the dumbest, most embarrassing poster here.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 10:46:03 PM »
This thread should be locked before it gets really stupid ! ! !

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2020, 10:50:14 PM »
This thread should be locked before it gets really stupid ! ! !

Nah, just straight up deleted. Nothing good can come of this one.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2020, 10:54:43 PM »
I agree ! ! !   

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2020, 10:58:23 PM »
When I see stupidity on this board, I usually either laugh or let it go.

But this is all time stupid.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2020, 11:10:03 PM »
MCkewon starting and getting a couple quick looks to see what’s up isn’t a terrible proposition with a guy like DJ in the wings

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2020, 11:15:36 PM »
Scoop takes gold.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2020, 11:20:16 PM »
9-9-Nein!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2020, 12:34:10 AM »

This is humorous because many wanted Wojo to throw Markus Howard under the bus and change his game [pass more] when he was here

feedback