[Today at 06:21:27 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Uh Oh (BLM patch on MU uniforms)  (Read 8240 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Uh Oh (BLM patch on MU uniforms)
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2020, 01:28:43 PM »
Or maybe it’s just the forum, idiot? Maybe it has a liberal and/or illogical bent?

Nope. It’s just you.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2020, 01:30:08 PM »
“Sticking one’s head in the sand” or so you say, is also BLATANTLY RACIST. Thanks.

You are an absolute CLOWN if you think the respect and concern a self-described ethnic population has for its own people (as evidenced by rates of intra-ethnic violence) is irrelevant to how fervently it should expect other ethnic groups to care about it. It’s not a “red herring” to recognize the absolute hypocrisy in BLM and its inconsistent behavioral expectations for different populations of people in this country. I care deeply about the plight of Blacks in this country. I’m sick of lilly white folk like yourselves telling me I’m racist for thinking BLM and its nonsense policy proposals is a farce that cost Democrats a meaningful chance at change. Thank your local
BLM activist for the continued disintegration of race relations. Happy thanksgiving, go ignore the plight of the native american now.

I did not say you were blatantly racist. Your response of attacks that are pretty unwarranted given what I responded with shows which of us is irrationally freaking out on a keyboard and which is calmly debating this.

White people have committed the vast majority of mass shootings, do you call on white people to deal with their psychological issues and mental health evaluations before getting access to guns? I think that's a comparable situation to your point about an ethnic group's respect and concern for its own population. Also while we're on that topic African Americans are not an ethnic group same as White people are not an ethnic group. You may not know this but ancestrally being from South Africa to Tunisia is about as ethically similar as Peru to  Texas.

I have my issues with BLM and many of the protestors, but if you cannot acknowledge a simple fact: Black individuals are killed in disproportionately higher rates by police than other races and that is wrong. Without saying "but..." and then insulting someone, then you should probably ask yourself why that is.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2020, 01:32:36 PM »
Seriously, Nrs, why support a program that goes against your core beliefs?

Led by Theo and Wojo, they say they don’t want someone who thinks like you do. And obviously, Marquette and Big East leadership agree with them.

Why do you want to keep caring about them or their program? It’s illogical.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »
Or maybe it’s just the forum, idiot? Maybe it has a liberal and/or illogical bent?

I don't think it is. There are conservative posters that seem to get by without the conflict you consistently encourage. But if you feel that way so strongly, why do you keep coming back?

Again, you may need to reexamine the source of said problem.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2020, 02:13:44 PM »
I did not say you were blatantly racist. Your response of attacks that are pretty unwarranted given what I responded with shows which of us is irrationally freaking out on a keyboard and which is calmly debating this.

White people have committed the vast majority of mass shootings, do you call on white people to deal with their psychological issues and mental health evaluations before getting access to guns? I think that's a comparable situation to your point about an ethnic group's respect and concern for its own population. Also while we're on that topic African Americans are not an ethnic group same as White people are not an ethnic group. You may not know this but ancestrally being from South Africa to Tunisia is about as ethically similar as Peru to  Texas.

I have my issues with BLM and many of the protestors, but if you cannot acknowledge a simple fact: Black individuals are killed in disproportionately higher rates by police than other races and that is wrong. Without saying "but..." and then insulting someone, then you should probably ask yourself why that is.

Are we debating the merits of a group called White Lives Matter? Why are you bringing white mass shootings into the debate?
When did anyone ever ask me to agree or disagree with the fact that blacks are disproportionately killed or mishandled by the police? They are. No one ever asked me that. You might think that you are "calmly debating this," while your compatriots on this thread call me a "racist," when in fact you are calmly "lying" behind your keyboard. A very clownish thing to do, wouldn't you say?
OK - Blacks are not an ethnic group - what term should I use to describe the collectiveness with which BLM sees Black people? Please enlighten me.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2020, 02:14:41 PM »
Ok then. Character revealed. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2020, 02:17:58 PM »
You know what I find amazing?

A poster in this thread would 100% lose his job if these posts were connected to him in real life.

Happy Thanksgiving.