[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

Which new guy will transfer

Dexter
9 (32.1%)
DJ
3 (10.7%)
Dawson
1 (3.6%)
LSL
0 (0%)
Justin
0 (0%)
Jose
2 (7.1%)
Luke
13 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Who will transfer  (Read 5449 times)

lurch91

• All American
Re: Who will transfer
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2020, 08:30:46 AM »
Lock this thread and create a new one asking who is more likely to go pro after this season, Carton or Garcia?

Garcia was the real deal against bad competition. If he can be a 15/6 guy for us in his freshman year, with his passing and shooting skills, I can see him testing the draft.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2020, 08:38:50 AM »
Your timing is awful.  This is the time to build our hopes, and nobody can disprove them at this point in time.  To me this post seems to take some of the Oxygen out of that Hope.
That’s his point.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2020, 02:07:06 PM »
Dumb thread.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2020, 07:05:10 AM »
Dawson will transfer to Minnesota after writing a letter complaining that DJ hogs the ball.

greatest use of teal this year warrior!  love it! 

looking to find a thread without creating a new one to squeeze in an observation about the theo vs posey fracas/non fracas-might even extend this meaningless stink bomb thread and turn it into a positive going forward...

cannot the refs ease away from the "rules are rule" thing and inject a little common sense or are they afraid the "higher ups" will give them a "check mark" preventing them from working "the big one"?

let's be honest-theo came down a little more forceful with his "follow thru" than he needed to causing posey to throw what became a very ill-advised snap air punch that he realized was OH f**K before almost snapping his radial collateral ligament stopping the follow-thru

the refs could have noted the players quick ruh-roh realization and mutual respect "make up", issued warnings and play on.  it would be one thing if there was something a "brewing" throughout the first half that needed a statement maker, but i guess not.  this was a game posey probably marked on his calendar when he went to apb only to see it cut in half by a poorly timed reflexive twitch that would have made bo jackson proud to stop mid swing.  it barely caught air...move along, nothing to see here

the players all immediately recognized the gravity of the instant, knowing someone was going to miss half a game and get unnecessarily doxed with a "hothead" label for those who did't see it.  it goes down in the book as a TKO on himself and if it happens again, hearing the grayson allen comparisons.  missing was the cool reaction of the players immediately trying to console each other and plea with the refs to show a "human" side. 

short of the real confrontations between players who truly dislike each other, i think we are going to see more of this where players realize, mid punch, before the chair throwing, that i really want to play the full 40 and shake hands(with a mask on of course) at the end of the game.  so many of these dudes see every chance they get on the floor as "their chance".   i just hope the 3 refs can send a moderation of temperament and common sense, skip the ritual free throws, and issue warnings.  come down hard where it needs to be
don't...don't don't don't don't

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2020, 07:20:55 AM »
  greatest use of teal this year warrior!  love it! 

looking to find a thread without creating a new one to squeeze in an observation about the theo vs posey fracas/non fracas-might even extend this meaningless stink bomb thread and turn it into a positive going forward...

cannot the refs ease away from the "rules are rule" thing and inject a little common sense or are they afraid the "higher ups" will give them a "check mark" preventing them from working "the big one"?

let's be honest-theo came down a little more forceful with his "follow thru" than he needed to causing posey to throw what became a very ill-advised snap air punch that he realized was OH f**K before almost snapping his radial collateral ligament stopping the follow-thru

the refs could have noted the players quick ruh-roh realization and mutual respect "make up", issued warnings and play on.  it would be one thing if there was something a "brewing" throughout the first half that needed a statement maker, but i guess not.  this was a game posey probably marked on his calendar when he went to apb only to see it cut in half by a poorly timed reflexive twitch that would have made bo jackson proud to stop mid swing.  it barely caught air...move along, nothing to see here

the players all immediately recognized the gravity of the instant, knowing someone was going to miss half a game and get unnecessarily doxed with a "hothead" label for those who did't see it.  it goes down in the book as a TKO on himself and if it happens again, hearing the grayson allen comparisons.  missing was the cool reaction of the players immediately trying to console each other and plea with the refs to show a "human" side. 

short of the real confrontations between players who truly dislike each other, i think we are going to see more of this where players realize, mid punch, before the chair throwing, that i really want to play the full 40 and shake hands(with a mask on of course) at the end of the game.  so many of these dudes see every chance they get on the floor as "their chance".   i just hope the 3 refs can send a moderation of temperament and common sense, skip the ritual free throws, and issue warnings.  come down hard where it needs to be

Disagree.  Refs should not take on responsibility of psycho analyzing situations.  The punch, as weak as it was and regretted second after it was done, was thrown at Theo. Players need to have self control in all situations, or there are consequences.  You’re opening a Pandora Box of problems and controversies by asking refs to weigh players intent into their decisions.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2020, 08:20:59 AM »
Yeah, rocket ... while I do like the idea of what you are saying, I have to agree with Hutch.

We don't want refs trying to interpret the intent of a thrown punch. We want the athletes to not throw punches.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2020, 08:48:28 AM »
Disagree.  Refs should not take on responsibility of psycho analyzing situations.  The punch, as weak as it was and regretted second after it was done, was thrown at Theo. Players need to have self control in all situations, or there are consequences.  You’re opening a Pandora Box of problems and controversies by asking refs to weigh players intent into their decisions.
The only regret I saw, was the guy realized how big John was and thought better of it.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2020, 10:35:09 AM »
So the consensus is Posey will transfer? 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2020, 10:42:21 AM »
This & the DJ thread. Scoop is back baby!

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2020, 12:04:30 PM »

let's be honest-theo came down a little more forceful with his "follow thru" than he needed
[/quote

And the reason he did is that he'd just been raked in the face (and there was another similar occasion earlier in the game that drew no whistle at all).

Bilsu had a good point - Posey had to think "OMG, who am I messin' with?"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2020, 02:42:42 PM »

good point hutch!  i see how i was creating a "gray" area.  was feeling a little bad for the home town kid.  he knew mid punch that was a bozo no-no 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2020, 02:43:56 PM »
The only regret I saw, was the guy realized how big John was and thought better of it.

love it!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2020, 03:02:57 PM »

I hear Norman Bates has Marquette on his radar. If he decides to transfer....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2020, 03:40:44 PM »
I hear Norman Bates has Marquette on his radar. If he decides to transfer....

Freddie Highmore, who played Norman on TV's Bates Motel, was amazing at crying.

Every time I see an actor or actress do a bad job of crying, I say, "He (or she) needs to call Freddie Highmore for some lessons."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2020, 05:36:48 PM »
I guess some people always have to worry about something