[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Site to buy MU Youth gear  (Read 1619 times)

marqfan22

• Team Captain
Site to buy MU Youth gear
« on: November 22, 2020, 11:01:11 AM »
Any recommendations on good website to get youth sweatshirts/tees? Seems limited out there on Lids/ fanatics and MU online spirit shop seems expensive

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Site to buy MU Youth gear
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 09:46:02 AM »
Any recommendations on good website to get youth sweatshirts/tees? Seems limited out there on Lids/ fanatics and MU online spirit shop seems expensive
[/color]

Get in the spirit and support the school.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 10:05:46 AM »
https://www.kohls.com/catalog/marquette.jsp?CN=SportsTeam:Marquette

I was surprised to find anything. The spirit shop is expensive because they haven't ever licensed out the ability for anyone to make gear besides themselves. I've only ever found Nike gear at the spirit shop and Eastbay.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 10:07:38 AM by Skatastrophy »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 11:36:37 AM »
Fanatics has most of the Nike/Jordan gear as well.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 01:11:32 PM »
Just got an email from the spirit shop.  They are having a Black Friday sale.

The more you buy, the more you save.  And free shipping over $100.

https://spiritshop.marquette.edu/default.asp
Have some patience, FFS.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 02:02:51 PM »
Yes. I saw that. Thank you. They just have read this thread! :)

I was hoping they had youth sizes for the New Jersey’s, but not yet.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 02:06:26 PM »
https://www.kohls.com/catalog/marquette.jsp?CN=SportsTeam:Marquette

I was surprised to find anything. The spirit shop is expensive because they haven't ever licensed out the ability for anyone to make gear besides themselves. I've only ever found Nike gear at the spirit shop and Eastbay.

Does MU make out by not liscensing out their merchandise?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 02:12:59 PM »
Does MU make out by not liscensing out their merchandise?

I'm not 100% sure, honestly. That was the reason that a guy at Lids gave me a decade or two ago for why they had every other university's hat, but no MU. They tried but couldn't get them.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 03:51:09 PM »
I'm not 100% sure, honestly. That was the reason that a guy at Lids gave me a decade or two ago for why they had every other university's hat, but no MU. They tried but couldn't get them.

My guess is that the real answer is that some buyer thought they wouldn't sell enough to make it worth carrying. 

How many non-football schools who haven't had a recent Natty are carried widely outside their immediate geographic location?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:56:22 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 04:01:44 PM »
Marquette doesn't make money off things that aren't licensed.  Those items don't use trademarked logos or wordmarks.  Literally I could walk around campus selling generic blue and gold "Marquette" shirts as long as I don't use logos and wordmarks.  Marquette doesn't make a dime.  A famous example from Madison.  The reason anyone can use the "marching Badger?"  They never trademarked it.  Wisconsin can't make $$ off of it.

What normally happens is that companies request permission to use the Marquette logos in apparel, and once the University approves the design, are free to sell it with a percentage of the proceeds going back to the University.  The reason that the bookstore is more expensive is likely due to the fact that it's the default for people looking to buy Marquette gear.  (I might be wrong about this.)

BTW, you haven't lived until you have had to settle an internal argument about licensing and whether or not the proposed item matched the institution's branding guidelines.  It's thrilling stuff.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:04:28 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 06:44:45 PM »
Think about it this way: you are overpaying to help the school, much like those charity auction/raffles.

Buzzed

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »
Fanatics you can buy $50 email gift cards from Costco.com for $40.  So that basically gives you 20% off and can stack it with their other promos.  Just be warned their free shipping is extremely slow.  I ordered a bunch of gear for family living on the west coast and it literally took almost a month to get there.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2020, 08:15:08 AM »

Not sure where you are located, but if it's possible, go in person to the Spirit Shop. if it's not possible to do that, call them and tell them what you are seeking, and have them text or email photos etc....In person is greater in store selection and no shipping.

As is the case at many College Apparel shops, the in-store selection, is significantly greater than online. For example, I have bought a very specific type if hat from there for many years. It has never been an online option. Each Spring/Fall season, I would contact them when and told them things I was seeking. They would send me photos and I would purchase some, or say thanks but no thanks depending on the item. They have many in store items not on their website.

I haven't seen anything I have liked a lot online for their store in about a few years.

You will pay more at the MU's Shop, and they rarely have free shipping. So be selective if need be. The current "Sale" at the MU Shop this week doesn't move the needle much, as it isn't that great of a sale. I purchased a Jordan Brand MU hoodie many years ago, a good predominantly cotton, and polyester blend. It was expensive. But I have had it and worn it like new for many years.

Fanatics is the popular alternative to College Apparel Shops these days. They have frequent sales and free shipping. If cost is a big issue, I would start here.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:16:40 AM by shoothoops »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2020, 11:15:26 AM »

At least a few years ago, the Lids at the local mall here in nowhere TX had a Marquette hat on display.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback