[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Joey press conference  (Read 8159 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: Joey press conference
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2020, 08:33:31 AM »
https://www.freep.com/videos/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2020/11/05/michigan-state-basketball-joey-hauser-marquette-transfer-season-preview/6181459002/

Yeah, I know.    Amusing bits.    Brad Galli asking him a question.     And Joey admitting he played poor defense as a freshman.

You’d think JH was the first MU freshman to struggle on defense. And it’s just so unusual for freshman at this level to struggle on that end. Just unheard of.

I mean, what was that hack Izzo thinking allowing him into his perennial top 25 program?

He’ll be one of the B10’s best.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2020, 08:36:24 AM »
On defense?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2020, 08:46:04 AM »
He also ran from a school that was just fine letting a hugely successful coach who mishandled a single sexual assault walk to a school that has seen sexual assault run rampant through its entire athletic department, including its men’s basketball program, that has done everything it possibly could to sweep it all under the rug.

Pros and cons. Pros and cons.

Yeah, Izzo is a giant turd. But he wins a lot, especially in March, and develops players. Which is why JH landed there. I highly doubt he’s associating Nassar with Izzo’s program if he’s even paid attention to who Nassar is and the connection to MSU athletics.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 08:47:41 AM by HutchwasClutch »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2020, 08:57:10 AM »
You’d think JH was the first MU freshman to struggle on defense. And it’s just so unusual for freshman at this level to struggle on that end. Just unheard of.

I mean, what was that hack Izzo thinking allowing him into his perennial top 25 program?

He’ll be one of the B10’s best.
Eventually.  If you whine or don't play defense, you won't play for Izzo.  I assume 18 months of maturity and being in the Spartan program will help.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2020, 10:28:38 AM »
Who cares, aina?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2020, 10:33:14 AM »
Yeah, Izzo is a giant turd. But he wins a lot, especially in March, and develops players. Which is why JH landed there. I highly doubt he’s associating Nassar with Izzo’s program if he’s even paid attention to who Nassar is and the connection to MSU athletics.

It doesn’t take associating Larry Nassar to the MSU basketball program to see the sexual assault issues in Izzo’s program. There have been plenty of them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2020, 01:03:32 PM »
I think Ja actually sent two balls his way on this dunk.

I literally laughed out loud upon reading this. Well done.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2020, 10:23:53 PM »
It doesn’t take associating Larry Nassar to the MSU basketball program to see the sexual assault issues in Izzo’s program. There have been plenty of them.

Please explain how any of that corrolates to msu basketball.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2020, 10:29:45 PM »

Well, I mean, Izzo is the head coach of the MSU basketball program...

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2020, 10:30:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure he blatantly stated it in the post you quoted.

"sexual assaults in izzos program"
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2020, 10:46:15 PM »

Off the top of my head, four of Izzo's basketball players have been publicly accused of sexual assault (there may have been more but I only remember these four). Three were cleared by the school's Title IX office. One was suspended for several years IIRC. Also IIRC, the three who were cleared were allowed to play despite Izzo knowing about his players being investigated. This is allowed though there are some who feel like the proper thing to do is to sit players who are under investigation. There are also many who don't trust MSU's Title IX office given the university's history with sexual assault but without the benefit of their investigation records I can't say one way or another if those people are right to be mistrusting.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2020, 11:00:39 PM »
Off the top of my head, four of Izzo's basketball players have been publicly accused of sexual assault (there may have been more but I only remember these four). Three were cleared by the school's Title IX office. One was suspended for several years IIRC. Also IIRC, the three who were cleared were allowed to play despite Izzo knowing about his players being investigated. This is allowed though there are some who feel like the proper thing to do is to sit players who are under investigation. There are also many who don't trust MSU's Title IX office given the university's history with sexual assault but without the benefit of their investigation records I can't say one way or another if those people are right to be mistrusting.

At least one of the cases where two MSU basketball players were accused of raping a women was never reported to Title IX, if I remember correctly. It was brought directly to the athletic director, who told the victim and her family he would conduct his own investigation.

I also believe a former player who was on Izzo’s staff as a volunteer assistant knocked a woman out at a bar because she would not go home with him. He remained on his staff. If Izzo isn’t removing a volunteer assistant for that, imagine what his players are getting away with. Izzo is an enabler and is a terrible person. As was Dantonio and all the people in the athletic department and East Lansing police department who helped cover up rampant sexual assault issues at Michigan State.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2020, 10:21:22 PM »
Don’t bother.  It will be ignored by the little baby segment among our fan base that he dared to ditch the  loser coach we’re stuck with for a HOF coach.

The Lil Baby segment of our fan base 🤣
“My life was hard, it just had to be.
Watch me turn my dreams into reality”

“I’m runnin’ I feel those demons after me.”
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

muwarrior97

• All American
  • Team Whiny Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2020, 06:26:18 PM »
Wishing the H-boys good success on the court and good health as well, wish they would have made MU work but got to do what works for them.

Joey looks like he found the weight room up north and are we sure he isn't related to Rob Gronkowski, has the same facial tics and vocal similarities  :P
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset