[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Update on Sam Hauser  (Read 11810 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Update on Sam Hauser
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 09:05:45 AM »
Who?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 09:24:06 AM »
Cares?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 09:48:34 AM »
Hope he flops miserably. He won't, but hope he does.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 09:51:39 AM »
Would have been an all-time great at MU.  Unless he wins a title at Virginia he's just a guy who played at MU and Virginia.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 10:44:35 AM »
Has Sam ever said anything about playing any pro ball? Does he keep playing after this year?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 11:16:29 AM »
Has Sam ever said anything about playing any pro ball? Does he keep playing after this year?

Said something on an Instagram ask me anything session a few years ago
Maigh Eo for Sam

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 11:26:20 AM »
Only if the team that drafts him does not have a player who dominates the ball.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »

I recall there having been a letter written, maybe in that?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 12:09:47 PM »
At least he doesn’t have to play with Tyler Herro
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 12:36:17 PM »
He's expected to be 1st Team All-ACC and some have said he'll be ACC POY.  He's going to get drafted and probably play in the NBA for 8-10 years.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 12:57:38 PM »
He's expected to be 1st Team All-ACC and some have said he'll be ACC POY.  He's going to get drafted and probably play in the NBA for 8-10 years.

No and no.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 01:06:27 PM »

It's a shooter's game, so he has a chance. But unless he's become more athletic in the last 18 months, he's going to spend a lot of time as his team's 14th/15th man. Way too small to guard fours and NBA threes will run circles around him.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 01:15:19 PM »
It's a shooter's game, so he has a chance. But unless he's become more athletic in the last 18 months, he's going to spend a lot of time as his team's 14th/15th man. Way too small to guard fours and NBA threes will run circles around him.

I think it also depends where he measures out size wise.  He’s listed as 6’8, if he measures closer to 6’7 that’s gonna be tough. If he somehow grew or is actually closer to 6’9, Then he may have a better shot at that mid to late second round area given his shooting prowess.

If not the NBA, he’s the prototypical player to be highly paid and long lived in the Euroleague. 6’8 skilled shooters litter the top Spanish, Turkish, and Greek leagues. Far worse ways to make a living. He surely wouldn’t be grinding away in Albania or Finland for $1000 a week.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 01:16:38 PM »

Sam might get 8-10 games in the league. And that's not sour grapes. He's just too slow laterally to guard at the pro level.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 01:26:27 PM »
I think it also depends where he measures out size wise.  He’s listed as 6’8, if he measures closer to 6’7 that’s gonna be tough. If he somehow grew or is actually closer to 6’9, Then he may have a better shot at that mid to late second round area given his shooting prowess.

If not the NBA, he’s the prototypical player to be highly paid and long lived in the Euroleague. 6’8 skilled shooters litter the top Spanish, Turkish, and Greek leagues. Far worse ways to make a living. He surely wouldn’t be grinding away in Albania or Finland for $1000 a week.

Sam's game may actually work against him when it comes to making a big salary overseas.
Most Euro leagues have roster limits on non-European players, and mid-sized shooters with limited athleticism aren't usually what they're looking for to fill those spots. They have plenty of those guys already on the continent.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2020, 01:37:59 PM »

Same issue as with Novak...except that Steve was a better shooter and an inch or two taller.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:39:56 PM by GooooMarquette »

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 01:44:15 PM »

I could see teams wanting to pick him in the 2nd and invest some time in him in their GLeague program in search for "the next Duncan Robinson."  If that doesn't end up panning out, head to Australia, China, etc. and keep playing basketball for a comfortable living as longa as possible rather than sit behind a computer.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2020, 02:52:48 PM »
Who will play more NBA games, Sam Hauser or Sam Dekker?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2020, 02:59:33 PM »
Who will play more NBA games, Sam Hauser or Sam Dekker?

Dekker.  He got 200 in before he moved to Europe.  I doubt either Hauser brother gets there.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2020, 03:02:17 PM »

Dekker.  He got 200 in before he moved to Europe.  I doubt either Hauser brother gets there.

Really? Idk about Sam but Joey's just athletic enough and will get a look because of MSU in my opinion.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2020, 03:17:55 PM »
Really? Idk about Sam but Joey's just athletic enough and will get a look because of MSU in my opinion.

What about Joey Hauser's freshman year makes you think he can sniff the NBA?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »
Yeah, I mean I am sure Izzo is going to get more out of him than what we saw his freshman year, but I didn't see an overabundance of athleticism from Joey. 

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 03:21:45 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2020, 03:23:12 PM »
What about Joey Hauser's freshman year makes you think he can sniff the NBA?

6-10 guy with a decent outside shot who can handle the ball. I'm not saying he'll be an all star or that he's unbelievably athletic but I certainly think he'll get his cup of coffee.
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2020, 03:24:51 PM »
If Joey is completely healthy, I think he is marginally quicker than Sam.   I also think he is a little taller than Sam.   The Joey article referenced his poor defense and that he had been working to improve it.   

So, the Henry Ellenson test.    Are either Sam or Joey more skilled offensively than Henry?   Are they better defensively?    Since they aren't bigger, the answer to both questions had better be yes, if they expect to make the league.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback