[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 245459 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 09:35:54 AM »
Different team same Mike McCarthy, passes up a FG to tie with about 5 minutes left in the game.

No one scores again, and the Cowboys lose.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 09:54:02 AM »
Different team same Mike McCarthy, passes up a FG to tie with about 5 minutes left in the game.

It was with almost 12 minutes left in the game.  I'm not saying it was the right call, but I don't think it was THAT bad.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 09:58:42 AM »

Actually, isn’t that a change for McCarthy? I thought he typically went for FGs instead of being more aggressive in the red zone.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2020, 10:05:07 AM »

It was with almost 12 minutes left in the game.  I'm not saying it was the right call, but I don't think it was THAT bad.

My bad. Was going from memory, for some reason I had 5:00 min on my mind. At 12 minutes it isn't terrible.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2020, 10:11:54 AM »
Lions doing Lions things.
Wow, dropping the winning TD pass.  I had to yell out a scream and I am not even a Lions fan.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2020, 10:28:50 AM »
Wow, dropping the winning TD pass.  I had to yell out a scream and I am not even a Lions fan.

Ha, I did the exact same thing.

Rookie RB trying to catch a game winning pass. He started to turn around to see where he was before he caught the pass. All he needed to do was keep his eye on the ball and he would have landed in the end zone.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2020, 10:35:37 AM »

Ditto.

I believe my words were, "You're fu@#in' kidding me!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2020, 10:49:28 AM »

Multiple Freak season ending injuries in week 1 is also a very Mike McCarthy thing.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2020, 10:57:54 AM »
Ditto.

I believe my words were, "You're fu@#in' kidding me!"

The first thing that crossed my mind was oh no, poor Tower.

The Lions truly do lose games in the weirdest, most heartbreaking ways.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2020, 10:59:19 AM »
Didn't see the game.  I have seen the replays.  Same old, same old.   Gotta indoctrinate those rookies into the culture early.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2020, 11:02:41 AM »
The first thing that crossed my mind was oh no, poor Tower.

The Lions truly do lose games in the weirdest, most heartbreaking ways.

I had the same thought.

It’s not bad enough to blow a 17 point lead late. Then you drive down the field and have a game-winning TD pass dropped.

Lions should trademark these ways to lose.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2020, 11:38:42 AM »
Didn't see the game.  I have seen the replays.  Same old, same old.   Gotta indoctrinate those rookies into the culture early.

Don't sell your lads short, tower. This was an even crazier meltdown than their typical same old, same old!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2020, 11:39:45 AM »
I had the same thought.

It’s not bad enough to blow a 17 point lead late. Then you drive down the field and have a game-winning TD pass dropped.

Lions should trademark these ways to lose.

How do you trademark infinity?   It isn't that they lose.    They will.    No one ever went broke betting against the Lions.    It is the infinite variety.    If a single loss like this happened to...   the Cowboys.....Patriots..... Packers.... it would be talked about for a decade in bars.    In Detroit, it is just week 1.      Something like this happens at least once every year.     Golden Tate scores a touchdown against Atlanta.    It is overturned by an inch and because it happened in the last 10 seconds, there is a runoff and the game ends.    The Lions miss the playoffs by a game and Caldwell gets fired.    Calvin Johnson not finishing the process.    The only PI flag ever picked up in a playoff game.     

Ya gotta embrace the stink.    Not take it personally.    Marvel at the ability to dream up these stranger than fiction ways to lose.    Appreciate the sublime greatness for what it is.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2020, 12:46:44 PM »
Tower, were you originally from Michigan?
If so, what city?
Just curious.  Worked and lived in Southfield and my mother was from Gaylord.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2020, 12:57:13 PM »
I have lived in Michigan since 1971.    West side of the state.   I was just near your mom's youthful stomping grounds.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2020, 01:45:09 PM »
How do you trademark infinity?   It isn't that they lose.    They will.    No one ever went broke betting against the Lions.    It is the infinite variety.    If a single loss like this happened to...   the Cowboys.....Patriots..... Packers.... it would be talked about for a decade in bars.    In Detroit, it is just week 1.      Something like this happens at least once every year.     Golden Tate scores a touchdown against Atlanta.    It is overturned by an inch and because it happened in the last 10 seconds, there is a runoff and the game ends.    The Lions miss the playoffs by a game and Caldwell gets fired.    Calvin Johnson not finishing the process.    The only PI flag ever picked up in a playoff game.     

Ya gotta embrace the stink.    Not take it personally.    Marvel at the ability to dream up these stranger than fiction ways to lose.    Appreciate the sublime greatness for what it is.

I lived through being a Packer fan in the 80s, but the Lions do take it to a whole new level.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2020, 02:11:36 PM »
They should change their name to either the Washington Generals or the Wile E. Coyotes.

Beep beep

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2020, 04:04:53 PM »
I have lived in Michigan since 1971.    West side of the state.   I was just near your mom's youthful stomping grounds.
Growing up, summer vacations were taking the C&O ferry from Milwaukee to Ludington and then the drive to Gaylord.
Good memories.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2020, 04:37:21 PM »
Lions doing Lions things.

so this means everything is back to normal in the world for 2020, right?

My co-workers 18-year-old kid was texting me ribbing me about the game (Seahawks fan). During his lifetime I've seen the same number of Lions playoff wins as he has  - zero.

Swift dropped a grand total of ZERO passes his final season as Georgia. Welcome to the Lions, kid.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2020, 04:55:40 PM »

Swift dropped a grand total of ZERO passes his final season as Georgia. Welcome to the Lions, kid.

‘Let’s throw it to the sure-handed kid….’

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2020, 07:22:38 PM »
Week 2, the more subtle part of the Lion's curse... already auditioning DBs off the street due to injuries.    Lion's DB is the Spinal Tap drummer of NFL football.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2020, 08:12:49 PM »
Week 2, the more subtle part of the Lion's curse... already auditioning DBs off the street due to injuries.    Lion's DB is the Spinal Tap drummer of NFL football.

Joff Okudah, the #3 pick in the draft, didn't play because he "wasn't ready" (the injury is an excuse) but a 5th rounder started.

Throw-it for Trevor? Losing for Lawrence? What's going to be the mantra this year?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2020, 08:13:49 PM »

They probably could use a guy like Darius Slay.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2020, 08:59:24 PM »
Okudah has a hammy.   Slay was too tired of losing to stay.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2020, 12:56:03 AM »
Dan McNeil tweeted that Maria Taylor dressed like she should be presenting at the AVN awards, not sideline reporting for MNF.  The justifiable blow black has begun. Hopefully this finally gets him permanently sent out to pasture. Parkins is bad enough without a meathead moron next to him who has nothing to add to sports convos but fishing stories, classic rock anecdotes, or bragging how he didn’t watch the games last night but taped them to watch after he got off the air that afternoon. But given they brought him back from irrelevant exile for a flipping midday spot, the Score likely doesn’t do anything

feedback