[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Proud of Doc Rivers  (Read 34384 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Proud of Doc Rivers
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2020, 06:17:06 PM »
Can't believe he isn't coming to Marquette.

Time for the meat eaters to open their checkbooks
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2020, 02:01:48 PM »
I was a little surprised Glenn took the Philly job.

I thought he might chill for a year, make some of that easy TV coin while collecting what Ballmer owes him, and then get back into coaching in 2021-22.

But he obviously wants to stay with it, and the Sixers do have talent. They seem to be something of a mental dumpster fire, but maybe he can turn that around.

Still very proud of our friend and fellow Warrior for being willing to work to make our country a better place.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2020, 02:52:05 PM »
I was a little surprised Glenn took the Philly job.

I thought he might chill for a year, make some of that easy TV coin while collecting what Ballmer owes him, and then get back into coaching in 2021-22.

But he obviously wants to stay with it, and the Sixers do have talent. They seem to be something of a mental dumpster fire, but maybe he can turn that around.

Still very proud of our friend and fellow Warrior for being willing to work to make our country a better place.

I was shocked he didn't hop right on Dick Strong's private plane from Orlando minutes after the Clippers blew a 3-1 lead on the Nuggets to knock down the Al McGuire doors to come coach MU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2020, 10:50:08 AM »
I was shocked he didn't hop right on Dick Strong's private plane from Orlando minutes after the Clippers blew a 3-1 lead on the Nuggets to knock down the Al McGuire doors to come coach MU.

Well yeah. But failing that, I'm surprised he didn't take some time off.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2020, 11:10:36 AM »
Why?  Coaches coach. If someone wants a going to go ay them a lot of money, they are going to coach.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2020, 11:23:47 AM »
Doc is stepping into a job with a team with a talented roster.  Gets a 5 year guarantee. Hard to find those opportunities .  Combine those facts with his competitive desire to make up for this years disappointment it makes good sense.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #207 on: October 03, 2020, 12:24:29 PM »
Why?  Coaches coach. If someone wants a going to go ay them a lot of money, they are going to coach.

I hear ya, and I'm truly glad for Glenn. I think he's a great coach and a better person.

He sounded a little defeated and exhausted after the Clippers got eliminated. I thought that, combined with his obvious distress from the racial unrest, might make him want to chill for a year.

All I want him to do is what gives him satisfaction, so if coaching the Sixers is it, I'll be rooting for him to succeed.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2020, 12:48:30 PM »
I hear ya, and I'm truly glad for Glenn. I think he's a great coach and a better person.

He sounded a little defeated and exhausted after the Clippers got eliminated. I thought that, combined with his obvious distress from the racial unrest, might make him want to chill for a year.

All I want him to do is what gives him satisfaction, so if coaching the Sixers is it, I'll be rooting for him to succeed.

I don’t know how “great” of a coach he is with three series losses while up 3-1 as well as eight first round exits. Good guy? Hell yes. Great coach? Not quite.

To succeed Philly need to move on from Simmons.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2020, 01:13:55 PM »
I don’t know how “great” of a coach he is with three series losses while up 3-1 as well as eight first round exits. Good guy? Hell yes. Great coach? Not quite.

To succeed Philly need to move on from Simmons.

NBA champion. Along with lots of regular-season success.

I’ll settle for very good, NBA championship coach.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2020, 10:21:36 AM »
I suppose the people were tired of those horses taking a knee:

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1313489659951972358?s=19

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2020, 11:23:47 AM »

I read somewhere he's asked the Philly press to call him Glenn instead of Doc, because "there's only one Doc in Philly"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2020, 02:35:01 PM »
I read somewhere he's asked the Philly press to call him Glenn instead of Doc, because "there's only one Doc in Philly"

https://twitter.com/marczumoff/status/1313242882862612480?s=20

I like it!

When he was at Marquette, those of us in classes with him and who got to know him called him Glenn. Hank called him Glenn, too. Majerus and most of the players called him Doc. Years later, when our paths would cross, I still called him Glenn.

And I agree with Glenn that basketball has/had only one true Doc/Dr. J! That's who Majerus nicknamed him after.

Julius was something in Philly, but when he was with the ABA Nets, the teenage me thought he was the greatest player I had ever seen, and I still thought so until Magic became a superstar.

Julius had Michael's finesse game and LeBron's power, he was a brilliant passer, outstanding ballhandler and an incredible rebounder. And arguably the best dunker ever. (Jordan, 'Nique and Thompson might disagree.) The ABA was an offensive league, so Dr. J didn't consistently play great D, but he made some awesome defensive plays. In that way, similar to LeBron now.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2020, 03:10:45 PM »
I suppose the people were tired of those horses taking a knee:

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1313489659951972358?s=19

the last time I watched a race is when American Pharoh was racing for the Triple Crown in the Belmont. I was at a bar for the Women's World Cup that day and the race was on. I'll always remember some dudes watching yelling "yeah, go horse!" during the race.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2020, 03:16:16 PM »
the last time I watched a race is when American Pharoh was racing for the Triple Crown in the Belmont. I was at a bar for the Women's World Cup that day and the race was on. I'll always remember some dudes watching yelling "yeah, go horse!" during the race.

Would watch any level of horse racing over any level of soccer any day of the week.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2020, 03:22:09 PM »
Would watch any level of horse racing over any level of soccer any day of the week.

Oooooo spicy take here.  I like both, but I only watch three horse races a year, and only the KD is a 'must see'.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2020, 03:29:31 PM »
Oooooo spicy take here.  I like both, but I only watch three horse races a year, and only the KD is a 'must see'.

I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw any horse racing beyond highlights for a triple crown race.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2020, 03:31:10 PM »

Same except was at a bar for the blackhawks in the playoffs
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2020, 03:51:14 PM »
I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw any horse racing beyond highlights for a triple crown race.

Okay then I think you have a typo in your original comment. :-D

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2020, 04:29:49 PM »
Okay then I think you have a typo in your original comment. :-D

Nope!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2020, 04:48:55 PM »
Nope!

Oh, so you really really hate soccer.  lol

MU82

• All American
« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2020, 06:27:54 PM »
At least horse races never end in nil-nil draws.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2020, 07:08:31 PM »
True, though they hardly ever have to give soccer players Lasix to stop them bleeding into their lungs from running up and down the field.

Actually, soccer vs. thorougbreds...I have no horse in this race.

(Thank you, thank you).
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2020, 02:39:04 PM »

Two minutes of excitement with a fun gambling add on vs 2 hours of boredom. Hmmm...

feedback