[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Proud of Doc Rivers  (Read 34386 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: Proud of Doc Rivers
« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »
Context is very important here and Fluffy touched on it a little.  Viewership for TV this summer is very down.  So yes, NBA is losing eyeballs but they are still winning veiwers.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/rockets/article/NBA-s-TV-ratings-up-since-restart-15490159.php

Key stat:

the nightly prime time games on ABC, ESPN or TNT have been the most-watched programs among men 18-49 since the restart, according to the Nielsen Co.

The NBA would love to see past #s but if they are winning each night, they will still command big $$$ bc it's still the best way to rest a mass amount of people.  It's the new normal and it has been accelerated by COVID-19 but I would bet the NBA had modeled this out for future years so they were ready.  As long as live sports are the #1 thing on TV, the NBA will be fine. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2020, 05:14:21 PM »
It's those Marxist ponies from the BHM movement!

All Hooved Animals Matter.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2020, 05:37:35 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2020, 11:33:56 PM »
FIFY
Could do an Animal Farm joke but it's better I don't.
Goal is National Championship

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2020, 07:31:42 AM »
Kentucky Derby Ratings "Brutal".

Perhaps if the horses wouldn't have kneeled...

https://twitter.com/MediumBuying/status/1302749263634534400?s=19

Go Doc. 👍

Calling that race the Kentucky Derby was absurd.  It would be akin to the Indy 500 being run in October.

KD is fun because of everything around the race, not the race itself.  It's the most beautiful weekend of the year... spring has sprung.  To me, it is the official start of nice weather, grilling outside, and not quite summer... but you can sniff it.  A cool day in September?  Not the Derby... that's college football season.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2020, 10:28:05 AM »
Calling that race the Kentucky Derby was absurd.  It would be akin to the Indy 500 being run in October.

KD is fun because of everything around the race, not the race itself.  It's the most beautiful weekend of the year... spring has sprung.  To me, it is the official start of nice weather, grilling outside, and not quite summer... but you can sniff it.  A cool day in September?  Not the Derby... that's college football season.

What about August?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2020, 10:33:55 AM »
I think that's part of the reason for lackluster ratings with some of the sports.  Everything is off of its normal calendar and rhythm.  I had no idea the Indy 500 was being run until the day after.  We've gone from no sports, to almost too much sports, but then its weird without crowds, etc.  So nothing seems right about it.

And then the NFL starts tonight. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2020, 11:16:45 AM »

Mostly Sunny, afternoon high of 82 degrees. That's much better weather than many past first weekends in May, in LOU-ih-vulle.

The overall point of course is that several television sports ratings are down and don't fit the narrative that somehow people are not watching because of social justice protests and statements.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2020, 04:08:15 PM »
his teammates turned against him too.

I wonder how much of that was due to the fact that she was Marotta's girlfriend, left alone for the summer while Marotta was in DC interning?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2020, 08:42:59 PM »
I wonder how much of that was due to the fact that she was Marotta's girlfriend, left alone for the summer while Marotta was in DC interning?

IIRC Doc and Marc were very close friends prior to that summer.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2020, 10:31:17 PM »
Sad to see Clippers go out so lamely. I was rooting for a Heat-Clippers finals, Jimmy/Jae vs Rivers.

But I'm still proud of our fellow alum, Glenn "Doc" Rivers, for having such an important voice on such an important issue.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2020, 06:26:31 AM »
Anyone care to check the NFL ratings for Week 1? Seems we have enough data at this point to demonstrate a trend between social justice warrioring and viewership ratings, and it absolutely is having an effect on NBA ratings. It seems at least 80% of the visitors to this board can’t slurp BLM propaganda fast enough, but I have no interest in watching athletes spread lies about what is truly impacting the progress of the black community. My emotional connection to the NBA (Bucks) and the NFL (Packers) is gone, and it’s not coming back, and there are a lot of people like me. “Good riddance,” “We don’t need you,” “The sport is better off without you,” “you were never a real fan” etc, but it all just supports the fact that athletes have turned sports into a polarizing product, whether you slurpers feel it is warranted or not. I look forward to the advent of the MSNBA and the CNNFL. Maybe Fox will develop its own FOXFL.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2020, 06:31:00 AM »
Anyone care to check the NFL ratings for Week 1? Seems we have enough data at this point to demonstrate a trend between social justice warrioring and viewership ratings, and it absolutely is having an effect on NBA ratings. It seems at least 80% of the visitors to this board can’t slurp BLM propaganda fast enough, but I have no interest in watching athletes spread lies about what is truly impacting the progress of the black community. My emotional connection to the NBA (Bucks) and the NFL (Packers) is gone, and it’s not coming back, and there are a lot of people like me. “Good riddance,” “We don’t need you,” “The sport is better off without you,” “you were never a real fan” etc, but it all just supports the fact that athletes have turned sports into a polarizing product, whether you slurpers feel it is warranted or not. I look forward to the advent of the MSNBA and the CNNFL. Maybe Fox will develop its own FOXFL.
Thanks for reminding me that I'm doing the right thing by supporting the Bucks and the NBA. It is clear we should judge right and wrong by the ratings.  Think the South would still have slavery if that were the case?

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2020, 06:38:12 AM »
Thanks for reminding me that I'm doing the right thing by supporting the Bucks and the NBA. It is clear we should judge right and wrong by the ratings.  Think the South would still have slavery if that were the case?

Another moron comparing the social and cultural challenges of certain communities to the horrors of legalized slavery. Keep slurping fool. Enjoy watching the Bucks. Oh wait.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2020, 06:53:59 AM »

I suggest you look at my signature and do the same for Marquette. If this is your attitude, the players do not want you supporting them nor the program.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2020, 07:51:17 AM »
Poor, fragile darling.

Black people would like to apologize for the inconvenience they've caused you by mentioning that they'd really rather society stop sanctioning their murders.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2020, 08:50:17 AM »

The NFL was the #1 program on TV this week.  And in August, the NBA was the #1 program on TV. 

Viewership is down across every program for a host of reasons.  But the NFL and the NBA continue to be incredibly valuable (actually the most valuable) TV inventory for networks.   You can expect to still see massive rate increases when both leagues re-up their TV deals.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2020, 08:58:50 AM »
In another thread I asked for a Scoop user name etymology........who reincarnated as CleanishProgram?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2020, 09:47:44 AM »
One week of data is enough data to establish a trend?  ok  ::)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2020, 09:57:09 AM »
Anyone care to check the NFL ratings for Week 1?

Ratings for the Fox games were up.
Ratings for the NBC games were down slightly.
Ratings for the CBS games were down more.
As always, ratings are driven largely by matchups. And ratings are always down during a presidential election year.
Sorry to ruin your narrative.

4everwarriors

• All American
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2020, 12:29:30 PM »

You were fine with 100 years of playing the national anthem before games though

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2020, 12:35:35 PM »
This is the "Proud of Doc Rivers" thread, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2020, 12:53:41 PM »
And? Say what you wanna say
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

feedback