[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Antifa?  (Read 1096 times)

vogue65

• All American
Antifa?
« on: August 23, 2020, 02:18:09 AM »
My father went to France and Germany to fight Nazi Fascist soldiers.
His company took 16 casualties, 3 dead, his first day in combat.
And it was down hill from there.
I'm glad he is not alive today to see what is going on.
I suppose I'm an Anti Fascist, an Antifa.

In Italy, sorry to bring it up, they have constant reminders of WWII, the holocaust, and in book stores, they still have a lot of book stores, they always feature in their windows books about the evils of Fascism.  It is not a theory, a talking point, a concept for them.  They know their history.
No fake news, no revisionist history, no glossing over the horrors of 75 years ago.  They have churches in memory of the partisans, holidays celebrating their freedom from the Nazis.

I live on a street where the Gestapo took over a cloistered convent and used it as a jail for Italian resistance fightets. 

This is no game, this is not paintball fun, this is not king of the mountain, this is very serious life and death stuff.

O.K., lock it if you must, Love, V.

tower912

• All American
Re: Antifa?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 05:21:30 AM »
There is no way this can possibly end well.   And you knew it when you posted.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 06:39:23 AM »
The truth will set us free.   It may end well, some may learn something and understand better what is going on.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »
I had an Unclefa, not an Antifa.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 08:16:49 AM »
In theory, we should all be just as anti fascist as we are anti Marxist.   In theory, we should all follow the golden rule.   In theory, we should judge each other by the content of our character and not the fickle fate of melatonin.

We fail.

I understand your larger point, Vogue.  I also understand the origin and history of the current Antifa movement within America.   It arose as a direct response to the racists, rednecks, skinheads, Proud boys, to actually meet physical violence with violence.    And while I admire the spirit, in the end it is thugs versus thugs.   With both spilling over into the public at large.

Unhealthy.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 08:18:52 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 08:44:41 AM »
IBTL.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 08:57:12 AM »
In theory, we should all be just as anti fascist as we are anti Marxist.   In theory, we should all follow the golden rule.   In theory, we should judge each other by the content of our character and not the fickle fate of melatonin.

We fail.

I understand your larger point, Vogue.  I also understand the origin and history of the current Antifa movement within America.   It arose as a direct response to the racists, rednecks, skinheads, Proud boys, to actually meet physical violence with violence.    And while I admire the spirit, in the end it is thugs versus thugs.   With both spilling over into the public at large.

Unhealthy.

Good points all, I agree peace is the solution.  The democratic, small d, system is the American way. 

When I winter in Italy I often ask myself how Italy and Germany could have been persuaded to follow Mussolini and Hitler to such mass loss of life and distruction.  Italy has never recovered from WWII, like America has yet to recover from our civil war.

If Marxists were in the streets, I would be an Antimarx or something.  Neo-Nazis are neo-Nazis, period.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 09:33:36 AM by vogue65 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 09:08:16 AM »
Yes.