collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Powell/Economy  (Read 8149 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Powell/Economy
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2022, 09:09:02 PM »
Imagine if Erin Andrews owned Gannett stock.

🤯🤯🤯

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2022, 09:09:53 PM »
I'd bet you have the new-fangled AC in your home? If so, that proves you are one of the 'powers that be'. You're nothing but an Elite

loosen up the tighty whities jockstrap-once again you guys missing the trees thru the jungles-the "powers that be" don't follow the rules they set forth for the "little people"

here reeko-i'll save you the trouble-

umm 8.5/10 love the quotation marks, but need more cow bell
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2022, 09:10:54 PM »
aka “yes, I was wrong and spewing nonsense”

Pathetic

1. Fake news reported

2. Fake news factually refuted.

3. Source of fake news offers no apology or admission. Changes subject, moves on as if nothing happened. Allies circle the wagons.

Journalism in 2022. Sad.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2022, 09:13:32 PM »
Imagine if Erin Andrews owned Gannett stock.

🤯🤯🤯

not if they walk around scantily clad attempting to artificially boost the stock price of said company.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2022, 09:15:05 PM »
1. Fake news reported

2. Fake news factually refuted.

3. Source of fake news offers no apology or admission. Changes subject, moves on as if nothing happened. Allies circle the wagons.

Journalism in 2022. Sad.

you mean "journalism"

no standards anymore

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2022, 09:22:22 PM »
Useta listen ta da "Sportswriters" Sunday eves on GN. Does dudes new der chit. Sports journalism has gowne da wey of statesmen. Wee got nun, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2022, 09:24:57 PM »
aka “yes, I was wrong and spewing nonsense”

Pathetic

Reed is a rich guy getting richer as he lays off hard-working people not even making $50K.

He did a hell of a job earning his millions in awards. Such a good job that the company is spiraling down the drain and just had to lay off hundreds of employees.  Job well done!

It was Reed who said he made the buy “as a sign of confidence.” Not surprised that some take the word of rich guys without challenging their nonsense.

Reports of 3M’s layoffs came last night after the market closed. The stock gained 1% today - a rare up day for a company whose stock has been crushed by multiple lawsuits (not just earplugs) and horrible management.

Have a nice evening.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2022, 09:34:21 PM »
Reed is a rich guy getting richer as he lays off hard-working people not even making $50K.

He did a hell of a job earning his millions in awards. Such a good job that the company is spiraling down the drain and just had to lay off hundreds of employees.  Job well done!

It was Reed who said he made the buy “as a sign of confidence.” Not surprised that some take the word of rich guys without challenging their nonsense.

Reports of 3M’s layoffs came last night after the market closed. The stock gained 1% today - a rare up day for a company whose stock has been crushed by multiple lawsuits (not just earplugs) and horrible management.

Have a nice evening.

Translation:

I reported a lot of non facts as facts to make this guy look evil but it’s OK because I really believe the guy I was writing about is evil.

Allies applaud.

Journalism 2022. Sad.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 09:45:51 PM by Lennys Tap »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2022, 09:37:18 PM »

Have a nice evening.

Poor soul. I can't imagine being banished/sh1tcanned from their profession years before the very profession swirled down the toilet.

"Reed is a rich guy", yes... we know your pathetic talking points. People who take on insane stress, risk and work to get there in the first place hava zero business being compensated for it. Shame!

Again, 'earning' the awards doesn't mean he's paid jack and the majority of it was a one-time award. He has to do remarkable things to earn any compensation of it.

My comment on him buying as a sign of confidence was purely my thought - as an investor/non-punka$$ person who isn't an idiot. I have seen no quote or comment from him on it. Again, you're assuming/lying/pathetic.

3M hasn't gain squat and companies don't gain squat because of announcing layoffs. Your commentary was idiotic and you know better.

Now, tell me more about the $7.7M he was paid. Put on your mask, boy
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2022, 09:56:36 PM »
Let’s get angry and start calling each other names, because that’s what grown-ups do. And then shout lies about “banishment” to boot.

I’ll stand by my points in my original post that Reed and his cronies are fattening their wallets even as they lay off hard-working employees, that stocks often rise in price after layoffs are announced, and that being unionized helped save some Gannett people their jobs.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2022, 11:39:50 PM »
Let’s get angry and start calling each other names, because that’s what grown-ups do. And then shout lies about “banishment” to boot.

I’ll stand by my points in my original post that Reed and his cronies are fattening their wallets even as they lay off hard-working employees, that stocks often rise in price after layoffs are announced, and that being unionized helped save some Gannett people their jobs.

🤡

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2022, 05:18:38 AM »
Mope squad assemble!
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2022, 05:59:35 AM »
Mope squad assemble!
Yeah this thread quickly turned into the typical conservative circle jerk.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2022, 06:15:03 AM »
Yeah this thread quickly turned into the typical conservative circle jerk.

Common thread attacking teachers, journalists, scientists and intellectuals.  Can’t put my finger on it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2022, 06:44:41 AM »
Adorably transparent.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2022, 06:48:21 AM »
Man this quickly just turned back around into a liberal circle jerk.  The same liberal circle jerk 80% of threads get taken over by because of a handful of posters.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2022, 06:50:47 AM »
Man this quickly just turned back around into a liberal circle jerk.  The same liberal circle jerk 80% of threads get taken over by because of a handful of posters.

Thanks, Generals

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2022, 07:00:11 AM »
Common thread attacking teachers, journalists, scientists and intellectuals.  Can’t put my finger on it.

I wonder what got them all riled up last night.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2022, 07:05:07 AM »
I wonder what got them all riled up last night.

Read the thread

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2022, 07:10:52 AM »
Read the thread

Man, you’re even wrong about that.  Very impressive