'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Officially Cancels Fall Sports  (Read 8861 times)

lurch91

• All American
Re: Big East Officially Cancels Fall Sports
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2020, 02:00:11 PM »
This will be over before Chirstmas.

1. There will be an "October Surprise" annoucment of approval of one of the vaccines currently in Phase 3 trials.

2. Since the federal Governement has already funded production ahead of the completion of trials, there is no delay for a "production ramp". That means there will be hundereds of millions of doses of an approved vacciene available the day approval is announced. 

3. Because of their migrant communites and communal living arragements, colleges will get priority. The last thing anybody wants is a bunch of college students going home over the Thanksgiving or Chirstmas break and spreading the virus, then brining it back to campus.  So colleges will be high-priority.

4. College athletics will be able to procede without bubbles probably by Christmas

As someone that has worked in the Clinical Trials in the Pharmaceutical Industry, no.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2020, 02:23:52 PM »
Everyday means something. Everyone has an agenda. Not wearing a mask makes about as much sense as the idiots who advocate for 6 week, hard shutdown, aina?

Bad analogy. Although neither is the 'best' answer, one would (at least temporarily) reduce COVID morbidity and mortality, while the other dramatically increases it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2020, 02:29:29 PM »
As someone that has worked in the Clinical Trials in the Pharmaceutical Industry, no.

Correct.

Normally, I am as pro-vaccine as anyone, but there is no way I would get a COVID vaccine approved before sometime in 2021. There simply isn't enough time to actually see the likely effects of any vaccine by then.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2020, 03:09:25 PM »

The only country that seemingly is humming along is Sweden. No shutdown, kids in school, and just let it rip. BTW, if you are insinuating Joe Biden could do a better job leading this country, you ain't seen nothin' yet, hey?

Sweden is hardly humming along. You might want to read up a bit on that. You are wrong about that.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 03:12:52 PM by 79Warrior »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2020, 05:02:08 PM »
Sweden is hardly humming along. You might want to read up a bit on that. You are wrong about that.

Silly Scooper. Facts simply don't matter.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »
He is the nation's voice on the pandemic. I'm an annoymous poster on a basketball message board. 

Are you raising me to his level of importance? Or are you ethically challenged enough to think the ends justify lying?
The only voice he is to the nation is as Court Jester. The guy has been in government for 50 years and has not seen a real patient in 20 years.  But go ahead and buy in to the snake oil he has been peddling.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2020, 06:28:54 PM »
Back on topic.  I for one blame Michael Coyne for the cancellation of fall sports in the big East.   Val and Stu are still doing a hell of a job in my book. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2020, 08:19:05 PM »
The guy has been in government for 50 years and has not seen a real patient in 20 years.

Why are either of these relevant?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2020, 10:02:36 PM »
The only voice he is to the nation is as Court Jester. The guy has been in government for 50 years and has not seen a real patient in 20 years.  But go ahead and buy in to the snake oil he has been peddling.
LOL he is not the type of Dr. that is supposed to see patients. Go have a Mazos burger...
Goal is National Championship

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2020, 02:28:27 PM »

I thought Donny is the court jester?

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2020, 09:47:33 PM »
Why are either of these relevant?

Re 50 years in govt. and not seeing patients in 20 years.

Because you have to blame someone rather than take responsibility.
And it furthers the anti government culture war, remember these people think government is always the problem. 

In Bergamo they locked down for a few months, yes the culture is oriented toward the common good and they had leadership.  Now they are practically back to normal, but no tourists allowed from America.   

feedback