[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What to do with Wojo?  (Read 11425 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: What to do with Wojo?
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2020, 11:07:43 AM »
But these kids get into Team USA, All American games and certain AAU situations and they see friends go, so they go.

It’s mit should they go, it’s so they think they should go.  DJ & Dawson have trafficked in the world of early entry.  They’ve seen their name on draft boards.  Believe me, it’s 100% in the conversation.

I don't doubt it's in the conversation. I just thought your comparison to Henry was off-base. Henry left based on actual in-game performance throughout an entire season, not just potential, a couple of great games and conversations with friends.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2020, 11:36:36 AM »
Agree - if free transfers are allowed, it will be a revolving door at every program. Imagine the NBA if every player became an unrestricted free agent at the same time....

That's what I was getting at.

MU82- I should have said what they perceive as a better situation. College kids aren't always rational.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2020, 11:40:44 AM »
That's what I was getting at.

MU82- I should have said what they perceive as a better situation. College kids aren't always rational.

Yessir. Totally agree with that!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

franklinjerry

• Starter
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2020, 12:04:48 PM »
MU 82 you're one of the first I've read with what I believe to be true about Vander. Virtually everyone else posts that he received the wrong advice and was told he'd be drafted. I simply think he wanted to start getting paid to play basketball. I suspect Bailey was similar, a year or two older, and not about to increase his value by continuing college ball.

For scoopers to determine which of our guys are "ready' for the NBA is meaningless. There are opportunities to play for pay outside of the Association.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2020, 12:36:08 PM »
NM
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:38:13 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2020, 03:12:35 PM »
MU 82 you're one of the first I've read with what I believe to be true about Vander. Virtually everyone else posts that he received the wrong advice and was told he'd be drafted. I simply think he wanted to start getting paid to play basketball. I suspect Bailey was similar, a year or two older, and not about to increase his value by continuing college ball.

For scoopers to determine which of our guys are "ready' for the NBA is meaningless. There are opportunities to play for pay outside of the Association.
I don’t think this is true. In fact, his coach and draft experts told him he was not ready and would probably not be drafted. I recall he stopped going to class, so he was gone.
Vander thought he was NBA ready. He had no intentions of playing in Europe, G-Leauge, or anywhere else....even if they were paying basketball jobs.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2020, 03:22:59 PM »
The way for MU to be really good is to get old. By that I mean not depending on newcomers so much. One of Wojo's problems has been to many transfers out, which keeps the team from getting old. I am not in favor of firing Wojo now, but would be if our good young players elected to transfer.

I do believe the free agency in transfers is going to hurt MU more than it will help.

Bilsu

You are point on. In order to get dominant the team must get older, more mature, stronger and smarter. That's the key to Big Ten team successes. It can't be done with transfers in and out. Kids that only play one or two years.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2020, 03:27:08 PM »
Nm
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 03:37:49 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2020, 03:41:33 PM »
I don’t think this is true. In fact, his coach and draft experts told him he was not ready and would probably not be drafted. I recall he stopped going to class, so he was gone.
Vander thought he was NBA ready. He had no intentions of playing in Europe, G-Leauge, or anywhere else....even if they were paying basketball jobs.

Re-read what I said, and your comment actually supports it.

Vander was done with college basketball. He had confidence in his ability. And it didn't matter to him that folks with knowledge told him he wouldn't get drafted.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2020, 04:02:37 PM »

Vander was done with college basketball. He had confidence in his ability. And it didn't matter to him that folks with knowledge told him he wouldn't get drafted.

I think I read an article that said even his mom begged him to stay in school.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2020, 06:15:39 PM »
I give Vander a lot of credit for staying true to his NBA dream. No matter how impractical his career decisions have been. His attitude was to reach for the stars.

Unfortunately, we now know how the dream ended up for Vander. Vanders detailed career story has been well chronicled several times in the major media. Vander had his chance in the NBA and for   many different reasons it did not work out. Vander now is on the outside looking in, with very few opportunities anywhere on the planet to play basketball. 

If I were advising Vander, I would tell him to go back to MU finish his degree and use that to get into the coaching end of the business .   

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2020, 06:58:58 AM »
Some people see it as a dream, some see it as delusional.   Humility is not easily taught, appreciated, understood or practiced.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2020, 09:37:09 AM »

I was responding to Franklin....which is why I quoted Franklin in my response.