[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PGA Championship Thread  (Read 3187 times)

The Big East

• All American
PGA Championship Thread
« on: August 08, 2020, 12:37:41 PM »
Solid Leaderboard at Harding Park. Brooks Koepka in good position to three peat . A Good day today should position Tiger well for tomorrow .

cheebs09

• All American
Re: PGA Championship Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 01:14:29 PM »
Tiger’s putter is going to have to wake up to put any run together.

I can see Brooks methodically winning this thing. Conditions sound like they might be pretty tough for the leaders.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 01:33:52 PM »
Solid Leaderboard at Harding Park. Brooks Koepka in good position to three peat . A Good day today should position Tiger well for tomorrow .

Good lord. He’s 8 back and barely made the cut. And the leader board is filled with younger and more consistent major winners. Tiger will be very lucky to end up within 5-6 shots of the lead, much less contend.

And that was without his putter looking shaky like it has today.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 01:56:41 PM »
A nice finish by JT could put him in a nice spot for tomorrow. I think the leaders will come back a bit.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 02:40:44 PM »
Good lord. He’s 8 back and barely made the cut. And the leader board is filled with younger and more consistent major winners. Tiger will be very lucky to end up within 5-6 shots of the lead, much less contend.

And that was without his putter looking shaky like it has today.

No kidding. Not to mention you could say the same thing of just about anybody in the field. A great day 3 means you set yourself up for contention on day 4. What a crazy concept.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »
Yeah, now that we can cross Tiger off the list....

I don't see any way the top two guys hold on.    The leader board should look completely different by the end of the day. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 05:45:10 PM »
Lot of good players around the lead, but the most exciting battle may be Mickelson vs. Faldo. I think Sir Nick sees his replacement.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 06:38:46 PM »
Lot of good players around the lead, but the most exciting battle may be Mickelson vs. Faldo. I think Sir Nick sees his replacement.
Phil is providing some interesting insights.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2020, 07:58:46 PM »
Phil is providing some interesting insights.

I like Phil, but if he said “That shot isn’t as easy as he made it look” once, he said it 5+ times. He’s got a future in broadcasting if he wants it, but I think he wants to play a bit longer. Faldo (IMO) is very good and his future looks safe to me.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2020, 08:45:05 PM »
Location and Weather  makes the Harding Park very long. Not surprising to see the leaderboard full of guys who can bomb the ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2020, 09:02:32 PM »
Yeah, now that we can cross Tiger off the list

What are you trying to claim? That he isn't intimidating everybody and making them bend to his will? Shame on you, tower!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2020, 09:07:19 PM »
20 players within 5 shots of the lead, big boppers Johnson, Koepka and DeChambeau at or near the top. Should be a great day of watching golf tomorrow. I’m rooting for Paul Casey - nice guy who’s never won the big one over here - but I know he’s a long shot.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2020, 10:02:01 PM »
the player with ice water in his veins and a chip on his shoulder-

koepka-both of the above

day-BIG chip

johnson- none of the above, but he's got that rare golfer's amnesia which is huge!
don't...don't don't don't don't

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2020, 11:11:51 PM »
the player with ice water in his veins and a chip on his shoulder-

koepka-both of the above

day-BIG chip

johnson- none of the above, but he's got that rare golfer's amnesia which is huge!

If Jason Day found out someone thought he had a chip on his shoulder, he would withdrawal immediately.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2020, 05:22:33 AM »
Well, a chip on his shoulder would hurt his back.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 07:57:07 AM »
If Jason Day found out someone thought he had a chip on his shoulder, he would withdrawal immediately.

Yeah, always thought Day was the epitome of Mr Nice Guy.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2020, 02:27:47 PM »

just saying, he's a great talent and wants to get back to where he was a few years ago.  yes, he's had some nagging health issues, but he wants to show the world that he's a better golfer than he has played since 2018.  hence, the "chip"  yes, he's a great guy as well
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2020, 04:38:27 PM »
A shootout.    I love shootouts.     Will take anybody but Bryson.       Rooting for Koepka, Finau, Champ.   

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2020, 05:13:19 PM »
20 players within 5 shots of the lead, big boppers Johnson, Koepka and DeChambeau at or near the top. Should be a great day of watching golf tomorrow. I’m rooting for Paul Casey - nice guy who’s never won the big one over here - but I know he’s a long shot.
I actively root against Casey since his comments about Americans following the 2004 Ryder Cup.

Zero class.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2020, 05:55:51 PM »
Amazing how far these guys can pound the ball in the thick ocean air.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2020, 06:22:30 PM »
Jason Day is looking very relaxed.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2020, 07:19:33 PM »
Dagger.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2020, 08:12:40 PM »
Clutch shot down the stretch from Morikowa .  Fantastic win for an emerging star.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2020, 09:23:09 PM »
I actively root against Casey since his comments about Americans following the 2004 Ryder Cup.

Zero class.

16 years ago, long time to hold onto hate and a grudge. The comments I read were a bit harsh but not inaccurate. From everything I’ve seen of Casey, he’s a class act and a good sportsman/competitor.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2020, 11:14:15 PM »
Morikawa turned pro last June. In just over a year, less than a full season, with the first part of the 2020 season flipped upside down, he has won 3 tournaments, won 1 out of 2 majors he played in, and won over $6.5MM in prize money alone.  He’s won as many majors as tournaments he missed the cut in.

He’s not won quite as much in his first 18 starts as when Tiger turned pro, but he’s not THAT far off in a far deeper PGA and without the substantial physical/distance advantages Tiger played with when he was young. Kid is the real deal

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2020, 06:23:09 AM »
Morikowa looks like one of the best ball strikers on tour . As the announcers said, pair that with a good week putting and he is going to be among the leaders often.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2020, 08:55:05 AM »
After what happened to Spieth, I'm a little leery of the "next big thing." But man, the way Morikawa strikes the ball... if his short game is even serviceable, he's gonna win a lot.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2020, 09:54:53 AM »
After what happened to Spieth, I'm a little leery of the "next big thing." But man, the way Morikawa strikes the ball... if his short game is even serviceable, he's gonna win a lot.

Yup.  And I think the most telling thing about Morikawa is that he doesn't miss cuts.   If he avoids injury and the yips, he'll just always be hanging around the top of the leaderboard becuase of that ball striking.  He reminds me a lot of a Davis Love III type but probably with more upside.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2020, 10:09:24 AM »
The kid is 23 years-old and a lot can change quickly.

Can he avoid injuries?

Does he have the desire to be great and put in the work for the next 15-20 years or does money change his approach?

If he gets married and has a family, does golf remain a priority?

Can he handle the demands and pressure of being the next big thing because he has that now.

Pro golf affords these guys great financial reward at a young age.  The truly great and legendary players want to compete and win on a weekly basis and grind all the time to be better.  The upside is there, will the desire and work ethic remain?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2020, 10:30:10 AM »
No need to burden the kid with great expectations Yet.  He has great tools and a good head on his shoulder. The competition is so strong though , it is hard to see anyone breaking out from the pack of the top 10-15 players .

Looking forward to the US Open at Winged Foot. A very difficult course which requires players to be at the top of their games as the greens are set up with very small areas to shoot to.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2020, 02:53:05 PM »
Spieth chased distance and lost his tempo and feel.   Meet Ian Baker Finch.  But he is young and there is plenty of time to fix it.  Unless he and his wife have a bunch of kids in a hurry.   If that happens, I doubt he ever wins another major.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2020, 03:01:29 PM »
Spieth chased distance and lost his tempo and feel.   Meet Ian Baker Finch.  But he is young and there is plenty of time to fix it.  Unless he and his wife have a bunch of kids in a hurry.   If that happens, I doubt he ever wins another major.

David Duval
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 03:09:16 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2020, 04:02:26 PM »
David Duval

Duval changed his body too much.   Also, he was always a deep thinker and once he got to the top he looked around and realized there was more elsewhere.   

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2020, 07:01:04 PM »

I thought Finch was just a notorious head case. Like yips on the first tee and spray shots. Didn’t think/know it was the result of chasing distance.

Spieth is so interesting cause he has a calm and fairy positive temperament in interviews. He’s one of my favorite to listen to after a bad round/disappointing tournament, but he’s just lost so much of his mental toughness and edge

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2020, 07:37:18 PM »
I thought Finch was just a notorious head case. Like yips on the first tee and spray shots. Didn’t think/know it was the result of chasing distance.

Spieth is so interesting cause he has a calm and fairy positive temperament in interviews. He’s one of my favorite to listen to after a bad round/disappointing tournament, but he’s just lost so much of his mental toughness and edge

Spieth’s issues are 100% mental.  IBF was the same.  Spieth always rode the edge I thought when it came to mental stability on the course.  A lot of indecisiveness at times and the constant toweling off of the grips and hands.  That’s not meant to be a knock, but I think there is definitely some issues that hurt his game when he’s playing for real versus range
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.