[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU Season Ticket E-Mail  (Read 19977 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
MU Season Ticket E-Mail
« on: July 20, 2020, 11:02:01 AM »

Good Morning,

I hope this email finds you and your families safe and well.  It is important that you read the entirety of the email as we detail out the season ticket information for the upcoming year.  You'll also have the opportunity to purchase your season tickets today!

We would like to THANK YOU again for your support of Marquette Basketball.  There are numerous questions about the future impact of this coronavirus, including how it may impact our 2020-21 men’s basketball season. While we do not have answers to those questions presently, it is also premature to speculate about what the landscape will look like four months from now. We will continue to follow the advice and directives from national, state, local and University leaders, health experts and medical officials. Please know that we are dedicated to protecting the health, safety and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and our many supporters and fans. We are all counting down the days until we can safely come together again in Fiserv Forum.

We understand this ordeal has impacted most of you and because of that, we have decided to institute the following measures, specifically for the 2020-21 men’s basketball season. These measures are designed to give Marquette fans the confidence and flexibility you need as you invest and support our team moving forward, and to offer assurance that you will be reimbursed in full on season tickets for any men’s basketball games that are not played this season. These are unprecedented times, and we understand that there is a great deal of uncertainty as we focus on the present but also look ahead to the 2020-21 season.

•   There will be no season ticket price increase this year on any seat in Fiserv Forum
•   There will be no increase this year on the recommended minimum per-seat scholarship contribution
•   Blue & Gold Fund membership levels will remain the same from last year; benefits of membership within those levels are unchanged.
•   Our payment plan options have been extended and are flexible; payments can be spread out over three- or four-month periods with completion by November 16, 2020. Marquette Faculty and Staff can continue to use payroll deduction as an option. Custom payment plans are also available by calling the Marquette Ticket Office.
•   #WeAreMarquette Ticket Assurance Plan - If games are canceled or postponed, due to circumstances beyond our control that prevents your ticket from being used, you will have the following choices for game(s) impacted:
•   Donate the full or partial value to the Blue & Gold Fund in support of Marquette Athletics if the season is condensed or cancelled
•   Apply the full or partial value as a credit toward the purchase of the 2021-22 season tickets if the season is condensed or cancelled
•   Receive a full or partial refund to their original method of payment if the season is condensed or cancelled. The prorated value will only include the processing fees paid by the ticket holder if the entire season is cancelled.

•   For a full rundown of frequently asked questions (FAQ's) about Marquette Men's Basketball tickets as well as other information please visit MUBBGameday.com.

These measures are all a part of the larger process we are instituting this season, Marquette Select. The impact of COVID-19 has forced us to make some alterations for this season. However, we are excited to rollout the framework of what our new seating process will look like going forward. The main takeaways and improvements of Marquette Select are the following:

•   Opportunity to maintain the same seat location every other year
•   Select specific seats during the Marquette Select process
•   Still be able to upgrade, change or add seats every year

At this point you have a few options on how to proceed for this season:

Option #1 – I would like to keep my same seats from the 2019-2020 season
•   Complete the payment process through your My Marquette Account by paying in full or opting-in to the payment plan
•   By choosing this option you will still be assigned Marquette Select time when you may log in to view available seat options and make changes if you wish
Option #2 – I would like season tickets for the 2020-21 season but want to change seat locations
•   Log into your My Marquette Account and pay the $100 deposit to reserve your Marquette Select Time

•   By declining to pay for the seats you had during the 2019-20 season, these seats will be released from your account and made available during Marquette Select
Option #3 – I may want to keep the same seats but I am interested in exploring other options
•   Marquette Athletics recommends choosing the option to maintain your previous seat location and choosing one of the payment options to ensure you will have those seats as an option, in the event you do not find seats your prefer during Marquette Select.

The Marquette Athletic Department reserves the right to change any seating assignment without prior notice, thus there are no guarantees.

To order your 2020-21 season tickets please follow these steps.  This information will also be arriving via mail in the coming weeks.

1.   Click the button at the top of the email or follow this link; My Marquette Account

2.   Enter your log-in information
3.   Active invoices appear on the left panel of the screen. Please be sure to complete all active invoices; ticket and scholarship contribution.
4.   The Summary displays all pricing information.  Click Continue to move past the Summary step.
5.   Answer the questions in Step 2. Read all prompts that will assist you in completing the process.
6.   Complete Step 3 – Payment
•   Paying in full or opting in to the payment plan keeps the seats in your account, making them unavailable for others to purchase during Marquette Select
•   Paying in full, opting in to the payment plan OR paying the $100 deposit is required to be assigned a Marquette Select time
•   Payroll Deduction only available to current Marquette University employees.
•   Once completed you will receive a confirmation email.

Marquette Select will be held in September, specific dates are to be determined.  Selection times will be emailed in late August, please call the Marquette Ticket Office after September 1st if you do not receive your emailed time, as Marquette Select times WILL NOT be mailed.  Marquette Select is optional for any season ticket members who opt to maintain the same seats from last season.  Any changes you make during Marquette Select will be immediately reflected in your account and you will receive an updated invoice at the completion of your seat selection.  Accounts that paid the $100 deposit will need to log in during their Marquette Select time to make a seat selection.

Thank you again for everything you do to support Marquette Athletics and our Men’s Basketball program. We hope to see you back in Fiserv Forum this season. Should you have any questions, please contact the Marquette Ticket Office by phone or text at (414) 288-4668 or by email at athletics@marquette.edu. Please note the Marquette Ticket Office is operating with limited staff, our campus is closed, and this will likely be the case for the near future. We appreciate your patience and will respond to e-mails and phone messages as quickly as we can.

Go Marquette!

Brian Morgan
Assistant Athletics Director - Ticket Sales & Strategy
Marquette University

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
Re: MU Season Ticket E-Mail
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 11:04:33 AM »
Does anyone know if we decide to skip tickets this year if we can keep our points?  I don't see that mentioned in the e-mail.

If not I'm buying one of the cheapest available seats and not going.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
1) We don't know if there will be a season.
2) We don't know if there will be fans.
3) If so, we don't know how many.
4) We don't know what protocols will be in place.
5) So, uh, how about that ticket deposit?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 11:10:50 AM »
Does anyone know if we decide to skip tickets this year if we can keep our points?  I don't see that mentioned in the e-mail.

If not I'm buying one of the cheapest available seats and not going.

As someone who sits in that section, I’m expecting a lot of that. I would be interested to hear what happens if only 5,000 fans are allowed. In that scenario, I’m probably staying home and would volunteer to give up my seats as long as I keep my points.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 11:15:12 AM »
I note the language about selecting "specific seats" during re-seating.  I assume that means you're no longer selecting just the row (and aisle pref.)

Wasn't the rationale for that change a tax law /donation thing? 

Did the tax law change, or was that a false "reason"?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 11:23:31 AM »
If they said "Put down the $100 deposit and you keep your points" I'd have it in already, whether I kept tickets or not.

But with all the unknown, and in the middle of a major spike, I thought this was incredibly tonedeaf from them.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 11:28:45 AM »
I don’t see a date we have to do this. Just that the Marquette Select process kicks off in September.

I wonder if some of this timing is Fiserv Forum/Bucks owners related.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 12:04:11 PM »
Before the new Federal tax law took effect with the 2018 tax returns, a specific seat caused problems as to sales tax. That was never explained adequately by Marquette which seemed to infer an IRS problem when the specific seating issue was raised. At that time you could deduct 80% of a mandated donation required for athletic events on your Federal return.  Now there is no donation at all so the specific seat is moot as far as the IRS is concerned. I am not sure as to the sales tax issue.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 01:26:10 PM »
1) We don't know if there will be a season.
2) We don't know if there will be fans.
3) If so, we don't know how many.
4) We don't know what protocols will be in place.
5) So, uh, how about that ticket deposit?

Bucks are just as bad. They are continuing with the monthly payment for NEXT year's games. Seems like it will be a cluster again in five months when they need to refund money.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 01:38:12 PM »
Bucks are just as bad. They are continuing with the monthly payment for NEXT year's games. Seems like it will be a cluster again in five months when they need to refund money.

Always better to have to refund money than try to collect money later.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 02:32:35 PM »
If they said "Put down the $100 deposit and you keep your points" I'd have it in already, whether I kept tickets or not.

But with all the unknown, and in the middle of a major spike, I thought this was incredibly tonedeaf from them.
I would also pay $100 to keep my points. I have no interest in going to games.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 02:42:38 PM »
I would also pay $100 to keep my points. I have no interest in going to games.

Same.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 03:09:58 PM »
We have games. I'll pay my money. Ready for some Fiserv Forum!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Warrior2008

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 03:13:43 PM »

At the very least, this should be an option and one I would probably do.  I get that the athletic department is completing due diligence in the very outside chance that the season can go on as normal. but the idea of putting large numbers of people inside the Fiserv or even the Al does not match the current reality as conferences are cancelling or altering the Fall Sports schedules.

I do think there is a level of irony here too as they sent this out right at the same time the University is lobbying to just get kids back on campus and in classrooms.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 04:25:42 PM »
I find it interesting to offer an option to keep your seats when there will be, at a bare minimum, significant distancing measures in place. How can you guarantee everyone keep their seats when we'll need to be distanced from each other?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 04:27:58 PM »
Because it doesn't seem like Marquette is operating any differently than the status quo.  Which is interesting.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »
I find it interesting to offer an option to keep your seats when there will be, at a bare minimum, significant distancing measures in place. How can you guarantee everyone keep their seats when we'll need to be distanced from each other?

No packs, no single game tickets?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2020, 07:14:03 PM »
No packs, no single game tickets?

Even then, at least 75% of the people around me were STHs. I imagine that's the case for the majority of the lower bowl. I have to imagine they are expecting a number of non-renewals, but it seems like an odd guarantee to make.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2020, 08:27:52 PM »
Seeing as a sizable amount of money we will be paying up front is the mandatory donation, assuming no games will they be refunding any of that sizable donation.  No.
That is what I think this is all about. 

Mendota

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2020, 10:03:23 AM »
I saw there was a mention of refunds for games being cancelled or postponed. Didn’t see any mention of refunds if games are played without fans. Did I miss that somewhere?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 10:25:23 AM »
http://mubbgameday.com/faq.html

If you look at the "Refunds" portion of the FAQ, it looks as though you can get your seat donation refunded if the entire season is cancelled.  But it looks as though you will only get the per game ticket refund if specific games are cancelled.  It doesn't address if the season goes on but fans are not allowed in the stands, but I think it implies that you would get the donation back.

This FAQ needs a little beefing up IMO.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 11:54:27 AM »
Even then, at least 75% of the people around me were STHs. I imagine that's the case for the majority of the lower bowl. I have to imagine they are expecting a number of non-renewals, but it seems like an odd guarantee to make.

Well, combine the students as they are already together and won't be at any games from before Thanksgiving until late January.  Spread folks out.  Will you be in your exact seat if limited? Of course not but we could maybe get a "like" seat.  Or they could rotate the games you can attend. No easy task but there is sway.

As to donations and upfront fees, there might not be MU sports in the future without this revenue. A tough place to be. I thought MUAD was pretty flexible with options with about 70% unknown.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 01:26:02 PM »
If Michigan football can suspend their points system, MU can do the same.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 01:36:30 PM »
It sounds like there will be an option to donate and keep your points.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2020, 01:43:43 PM »
At the very least, this should be an option and one I would probably do.  I get that the athletic department is completing due diligence in the very outside chance that the season can go on as normal. but the idea of putting large numbers of people inside the Fiserv or even the Al does not match the current reality as conferences are cancelling or altering the Fall Sports schedules.

I do think there is a level of irony here too as they sent this out right at the same time the University is lobbying to just get kids back on campus and in classrooms.
They are not doing due diligence, if they are not reading MUscoop.

feedback