[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 College Football Thread  (Read 88880 times)

The Big East

• All American
Re: 2020-21 College Football Thread
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2020, 08:27:03 PM »
Watching a replay of the Florida and Texas A & M game. Seems like a lot of people in the stands. Announced crowd of 24,079 at TAMU.  Capacity there is 102,733 so play at about a quarter of capacity. Did not seem like much social distancing going on either.  Although everyone was wearing masks.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2020, 08:40:01 PM »
Watching a replay of the Florida and Texas A & M game. Seems like a lot of people in the stands. Announced crowd of 24,079 at TAMU.  Capacity there is 102,733 so play at about a quarter of capacity. Did not seem like much social distancing going on either.  Although everyone was wearing masks.

The crowd at the Alabama - Ole Miss game was kind of scary. Don’t know what the attendance was, but the student section was packed together and  mostly maskless.

The following is Ole Miss’ mask policy for the game:

Face Coverings
Face coverings shall be required as a condition for entry/exit and when moving throughout Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. When in the general seating bowl, coverings are encouraged but not mandated for fans in ticketed groups that maintain six-foot distance from other ticketed groups.

I don’t know how they defined a ‘ticketed group‘, but it seemed like the whole student section was one big group.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:06 PM »
If you're a student stuck in row ZZ of the third deck,  why stay there when you can crowd into empty seats in the first deck?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2020, 04:00:54 PM »
Florida Gator coach has repeatedly stated this week that they should "pack the Swamp" for their game v. LSU this week.

Multiple Gators tested positive throwing the game in doubt.

<sigh>
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2020, 04:41:09 PM »
Florida Gator coach has repeatedly stated this week that they should "pack the Swamp" for their game v. LSU this week.

<sigh>

Fans sure will be pissed when they show up and there are no teams due to 'a hoax.'

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2020, 05:32:28 PM »

<sigh>

I’m quite confident Dan Mullen has not followed proper protocols
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2020, 05:42:58 PM »
I’m quite confident Dan Mullen has not followed proper protocols

Why would you think that?

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/sec/florida/dan-mullen-wife/
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2020, 10:43:33 PM »
Numbskulls.

I guess people really don't want COVID-19 to end.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2020, 01:18:29 PM »

<sigh>

Aaaaaaaand...postponed.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-football-lsu-tigers-postponed-coronavirus-covid19-outbreak

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2020, 05:01:21 PM »
Nick Saban tests positive for Covid, along with Alabama’s AD.  State has gone on lockdown and candlelight vigils are planned until coach is cleared
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2020, 07:00:03 PM »

Aaaaaaaand...postponed.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-football-lsu-tigers-postponed-coronavirus-covid19-outbreak

Careful, Goooooooooo ...

If you share facts, rocket will accuse you (in all lower-case letters) of cheering for COVID to destroy America.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2020, 07:20:23 PM »
Nick Saban tests positive for Covid, along with Alabama’s AD.  State has gone on lockdown and candlelight vigils are planned until coach is cleared

I watched some of the Alabama v Ole Miss game. Saban wore his mask properly the entire time....except the oddest thing. Immediately after a friendly handshake with Lane Kiffin (both had masks on) Saban turns to middle of field to leave with security and he immediately takes off his mask while doing so.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2020, 08:01:58 PM »

Should be interesting, considering that one of Alabama’s biggest games all season (perhaps the biggest) is this Saturday against Georgia. If Saban hasn’t spread Covid to the team and they are able to play, they will be without him on the sideline.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2020, 08:05:42 PM »

Should be interesting, considering that one of Alabama’s biggest games all season (perhaps the biggest) is this Saturday against Georgia. If Saban hasn’t spread Covid to the team and they are able to play, they will be without him on the sideline.

I did not know that!  I’ve only been loosely following.  It is hard to believe if the head coach tests positive, they play a game but damn the torpedoes

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2020, 08:43:33 PM »
I did not know that!  I’ve only been loosely following.  It is hard to believe if the head coach tests positive, they play a game but damn the torpedoes

Despite the way it ended at USC, Steve Sarkisian is a very good coach.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2020, 08:54:23 PM »
Not hard to believe. Florida State with Mike Norvell was out at Miami.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2020, 08:58:58 PM »

Sure. I mean if a coach needs an emergency appendectomy, they’d still play, with the “associate head coach” taking over. Just like if a coach is ejected 3 minutes into a game ... somebody takes over.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2020, 11:17:16 PM »
I watched some of the Alabama v Ole Miss game. Saban wore his mask properly the entire time....except the oddest thing. Immediately after a friendly handshake with Lane Kiffin (both had masks on) Saban turns to middle of field to leave with security and he immediately takes off his mask while doing so.

Are we sure that watching his defense play wasn't the reason Saban is sick?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2020, 11:49:01 PM »
Despite the way it ended at USC, Steve Sarkisian is a very good coach.

He did a solid job at Washington as a very young HC and was turning USC around before his alcohol issues. He’s got that Bama offense humming. They’ll still have Saban’s discipline and planning.

Are we sure that watching his defense play wasn't the reason Saban is sick?

To be fair, though another much maligned guy, Lane Kiffin is an offensive genius. His ability to call that side of the ball is without question.  And he was Saban’s right hand man for 3 seasons. He knows how to scheme against Bama. Doesn’t mean he is gonna win, but if anyone can score points against Bama, it’s a Kiffin offense. Plus Saban and Sark realized Ole Miss couldn’t stop them, so no need to stress too much on it after they got a stop or two

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2020, 12:09:15 AM »

To be fair, though another much maligned guy, Lane Kiffin is an offensive genius. His ability to call that side of the ball is without question.  And he was Saban’s right hand man for 3 seasons. He knows how to scheme against Bama. Doesn’t mean he is gonna win, but if anyone can score points against Bama, it’s a Kiffin offense. Plus Saban and Sark realized Ole Miss couldn’t stop them, so no need to stress too much on it after they got a stop or two

Made for an awfully fun game to watch.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2020, 07:03:15 AM »
Not hard to believe. Florida State with Mike Norvell was out at Miami.

Thinking more along the lines of, he’s around everyone and who knows who he infected or was infected by

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2020, 05:34:25 PM »
Looks like Saban may not have the COVID after all.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2020, 07:58:12 PM »
Looks like Saban may not have the COVID after all.

It would be nice if he's there. Such a huge game, as the winner will be the frontrunner for the #2 spot in the playoff.

On the flip side, it looks like 10 FBS games have been canceled so far this weekend, including 3 involving ranked teams. Scroll to the bottom for the list of cancellations. Oof.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football/scoreboard/

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2020, 06:39:49 PM »
Dan Mullen tested positive.
Hope he comes through OK, but that's some karma there.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2020, 07:48:24 PM »
Watching Georgia at Alabama right now. Compared to what I have seen at other stadiums, Alabama seems to be doing an excellent job of keeping people evenly distributed throughout the stadium. There are a few small clusters together, but there is no large gravitation toward the 50 yard line and the crowd generally appears to be evenly spaced throughout.

feedback