[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180232 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #1725 on: October 20, 2021, 12:17:46 PM »
this implies you believe is is, in fact, a monster though.

Or I'm just forgetful, and forgot the third element.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1726 on: October 20, 2021, 12:31:44 PM »

I might be fluffy depending on how you define the word.

Manscape.com

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1727 on: October 20, 2021, 01:20:40 PM »
May he he means it in the Gabriel Iglesias context.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1728 on: October 20, 2021, 02:26:00 PM »
Fluffy BM seems about write, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1729 on: October 21, 2021, 09:20:31 PM »
Latest mask silliness-

Today I witnessed several incidences of people wearing masks while bicycling in Yosemite National Park.  In every case, they were at least 50 feet away from any other person.
Have some patience, FFS.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1730 on: October 21, 2021, 09:55:47 PM »
Latest mask silliness-

Today I witnessed several incidences of people wearing masks while bicycling in Yosemite National Park.  In every case, they were at least 50 feet away from any other person.

1. Why were they wearing the masks?
2. Why do you care?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1731 on: October 22, 2021, 08:48:59 AM »
1. Why were they wearing the masks?
2. Why do you care?

I don't, except for purposes of my own amusement.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1732 on: October 22, 2021, 08:52:54 AM »
Latest mask silliness-

Maybe they're K Pop fans? Masks were in for that subculture before Covid.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1733 on: October 22, 2021, 09:22:07 AM »
I don't, except for purposes of my own amusement.

You're in Yosemite, and your chosen source of amusement is mocking people who may be acting with a little too much caution?
To each their own, but maybe look around a bit. You might see things more worthy of your amusement.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1734 on: October 22, 2021, 11:11:41 AM »
You're in Yosemite, and your chosen source of amusement is mocking people who may be acting with a little too much caution?
To each their own, but maybe look around a bit. You might see things more worthy of your amusement.

"Cameron is so tight, that is you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, and twisted, you'd have a diamond."

You are Cameron.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #1735 on: October 22, 2021, 11:23:31 AM »
"Cameron is so tight, that is you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, and twisted, you'd have a diamond."

You are Cameron.
This you?

Saw a new one in Madison today.  Guy on a motorcycle, solo, wearing a helmet with a full faceshield (clear).  So he was protected from bugs and other road debris. 

Also had a covid mask on under the faceshield.  Illogical.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1736 on: October 22, 2021, 11:41:10 AM »

You are Cameron.

Better Cameron than Principal Rooney, right Ed?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1737 on: October 22, 2021, 01:12:04 PM »
Latest mask silliness-

Check out this silly man wearing a mask while running.

https://www.oregonlive.com/trackandfield/2011/06/caption_required_galen_rupp_ma.html

If you don't want to click, it is Galen Rupp (an Olympian) in 2011. He ran in a mask often because of allergies and sensitivities to particles that induced asthma. There are others like this, that wear masks when exercising because of non-COVID health issues.

I've known people that have discovered they have similar sensitivities post COVID and wear a mask when exercising outdoors (in spring and fall). So these people may have been doing something similar.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1738 on: October 22, 2021, 05:26:40 PM »
I was walking on the lakefront in Chicago this summer, and sand was blowing lightly around - it did help to put on my mask. I’ve done it a couple times now when I can feel something irritating my nose and it does help.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1739 on: October 22, 2021, 08:13:47 PM »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1740 on: October 22, 2021, 09:30:17 PM »

i doubt she ran up to them, pointed and laughed...just a shake your head moment.  that's what i love about vegas-people watching and many a "shake your head" moments
don't...don't don't don't don't

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1741 on: October 24, 2021, 10:50:19 AM »
Latest mask silliness-

Tops is folks who wear a mask while in a car alone.  😱😱😱

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1742 on: October 24, 2021, 10:59:45 AM »
Meh.  Going errand to errand at places that warrant or require masks.    Simpler to leave it on.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #1743 on: October 25, 2021, 12:26:57 PM »
Meh.  Going errand to errand at places that warrant or require masks.    Simpler to leave it on.

You forgot the teal...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1744 on: October 25, 2021, 12:41:32 PM »
Nope. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1745 on: October 25, 2021, 01:52:00 PM »
Nope.

Yeah, but have you seen the weirdos that wear socks...in the SUMMER!?!?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1746 on: October 25, 2021, 02:01:25 PM »
With sandals?!?!?!?!

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1747 on: October 25, 2021, 02:47:39 PM »
My friend and I were going in and out of places at Open House Chicago. Sometimes it was easier to leave the mask on, and sometimes one of us would plain forget it was on. Same thing happened when we followed a mural walk app this summer.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1748 on: October 25, 2021, 04:48:46 PM »
My friend and I were going in and out of places at Open House Chicago. Sometimes it was easier to leave the mask on, and sometimes one of us would plain forget it was on. Same thing happened when we followed a mural walk app this summer.

But thats a bit different than going into a store, out into your car, driving somewhere else...

Listen, if people want to wear them all the time, thats fine.  Maybe you forget once and awhile, I don't get it, but hey. 

But the idea that is "easier" to never take it off when driving around is what seems silly to some.

But then again Ive heard multiple people say they would be fine always wearing a mask on a plane or public transportation in the future, so who the F knows.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1749 on: October 25, 2021, 05:06:38 PM »
But thats a bit different than going into a store, out into your car, driving somewhere else...

Listen, if people want to wear them all the time, thats fine.  Maybe you forget once and awhile, I don't get it, but hey. 

But the idea that is "easier" to never take it off when driving around is what seems silly to some.

But then again Ive heard multiple people say they would be fine always wearing a mask on a plane or public transportation in the future, so who the F knows.

Right, but why do people want to label this as "silliness."  If someone wants to wear a mask, just let them do so.  They don't need to be judged.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback