[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO MUSCOOP MANAGEMENT - ELIMINATE THE POLITICS  (Read 17198 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: OPEN LETTER TO MUSCOOP MANAGEMENT - ELIMINATE THE POLITICS
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2020, 10:50:22 AM »
I split this off into a different thread.  It's not perfect, but Arby's.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2020, 12:17:56 PM »
Says the guy who started an all caps off topic post earlier this week.

Correct, shoot me.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2020, 07:17:44 PM »
Apparently not, because I would say none of those are political. Certainly not in a party sense.

Supporting the BLM movement & believing black people have a right to exist a right to exist is not political. Theo saying that supporting him as a human being & as a basketball player cannot be separated is not political. A pandemic changing the game is not political. Dwayne Killings encouraging his student athletes to engage in their civic duty is not political.

These are all humanist and civic issues, not political ones.

if this were a priority, which i absolutely believe it is, when are they are going to address the skyrocketing african-american on african-american murder rates.  2 were shot because they asked a guy how tall he was, innocent young children, infants caught in the crossfire.  just the number of shootings are are off the charts.  how has BLM(the organization) addressed this?  defund the police?  i don't believe i've heard their concerns...anyone?  if this isn't one of their priorities if not THE PRIORITY, BLM(the organization) is not to be taken seriously.  the second an african-american is dead at the hands of police, it's instant news while thousands of others are needlessly  murdered by their own
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2020, 08:17:49 PM »
if this were a priority, which i absolutely believe it is, when are they are going to address the skyrocketing african-american on african-american murder rates.  2 were shot because they asked a guy how tall he was, innocent young children, infants caught in the crossfire.  just the number of shootings are are off the charts.  how has BLM(the organization) addressed this?  defund the police?  i don't believe i've heard their concerns...anyone?  if this isn't one of their priorities if not THE PRIORITY, BLM(the organization) is not to be taken seriously.  the second an african-american is dead at the hands of police, it's instant news while thousands of others are needlessly  murdered by their own

🙄🙄🙄🙄

I guess whatever let’s you comfortably avoid the issue...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2020, 08:30:00 PM »
Were those 11 different posters just Chicos' alter egos?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2020, 09:17:46 PM »
if this were a priority, which i absolutely believe it is, when are they are going to address the skyrocketing african-american on african-american murder rates.

Who is "they?"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2020, 10:06:04 PM »
Hopefully Covid allows CBB to be played this year.  That will help remove the political angle from the board a bit.   A winning team that can go far in the tournament will help even more. 

We all need something in common to rally around.  Everyone is agitated right now about real life problems and issues.  This board and MU basketball is supposed to be a respite from this.  Unfortunately that respite may not actually happen this year.  If it leads to the moderators saying the hell with this political BS and shutting down the site that would be a shame.  But I would understand.

Hopefully the season starts, the team wins a boat load of games and we are all one big happy family again.   Fingers crossed.

Nailed it Shooter.

Unfortunately, it’s a long shot that we’ll get both a CBB season AND a great year from MU. I do make the odds only slightly better than our country coming together after the election - close to zero.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2020, 10:04:41 AM »
Apparently not, because I would say none of those are political. Certainly not in a party sense.

Supporting the BLM movement & believing black people have a right to exist is not political. Theo saying that supporting him as a human being & as a basketball player cannot be separated is not political. A pandemic changing the game is not political. Dwayne Killings encouraging his student athletes to engage in their civic duty is not political.

These are all humanist and civic issues, not political ones.

civic | ˈsivik |
adjective [attributive]
relating to a city or town, especially its administration; municipal: civic and business leaders.
• relating to the duties or activities of people in relation to their town, city, or local area: they could not be denied access to education, the vote, and other civic rights.

Sounds political to me.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
civic | ˈsivik |
adjective [attributive]
relating to a city or town, especially its administration; municipal: civic and business leaders.
• relating to the duties or activities of people in relation to their town, city, or local area: they could not be denied access to education, the vote, and other civic rights.

Sounds political to me.

Why does it upset you that young, black men are being encouraged to engage in the political process?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2020, 10:23:25 AM »
Why does it upset you that young, black men are being encouraged to engage in the political process?

I am not upset. They should be encouraged. Brew stated in his post that Coach Killings encouraging his players to engage in their civic duty is not political, but by definition it is political and I am OK with that. Just don't say it is not political when it is.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2020, 10:26:43 AM »
I am not upset. They should be encouraged. Brew stated in his post that Coach Killings encouraging his players to engage in their civic duty is not political, but by definition it is political and I am OK with that. Just don't say it is not political when it is.

He said it's not political and added "Certainly not in a partisan sense."
And it's not.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2020, 10:33:02 AM »
He said it's not political and added "Certainly not in a partisan sense."
And it's not.

When you want to effect social change its political. You even asked if I was upset with the players engaging in the political process. So even you acknowledged it is political.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:39:30 AM by muwarrior69 »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2020, 10:37:15 AM »
When you want to effect social change its political.

Not is a partisan sense.  You're nitpicking.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2020, 10:44:26 AM »
Not is a partisan sense.  You're nitpicking.

How is it nitpicking? Pakuni pretty much stated the players should be involved in the political process.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:47:29 AM by muwarrior69 »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2020, 10:50:13 AM »
How is it nitpicking? Pakuni pretty much stated the players should be involved in the political process.

Right.  But not in a partisan sense. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2020, 11:01:14 AM »
I didn't split these topics so we could have two of them.   This has run its course.