[Today at 01:41:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Win the Day  (Read 16821 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Win the Day
« on: June 04, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBCVhJFBlRy/?igshid=15q6ll8hlxyj7

Love this movement going around college basketball/sports. We need to be on the right side of history and not repeat our mistakes as a country. Raise awareness for the cause, have the student athletes educate themselves on the difference their vote/voice can make. Take it all in.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Win the Day
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 07:50:07 AM »
Hopefully they vote.

Edited.

If you are going to edit my post please edit the opening post.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:40:48 AM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 09:59:17 AM »
Good for them. This is great
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 11:24:27 AM »
Nice.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 11:27:41 AM »
Hopefully they vote.

Edited.

If you are going to edit my post please edit the opening post.

What should be edited?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 08:47:25 PM »
Wears duz won catch da trolley ta da pollin' place, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 09:25:42 PM »
Yeah this is wonderful...until people get in the kids ears and use their influence's on who to vote for. And that WILL happen. It shouldn't, but professors do it all the time too. Coaches/administrators etc will be no different I'm afraid.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 09:26:11 PM »
Yeah this is wonderful...until people get in the kids ears and use their influence's on who to vote for. And that WILL happen. It shouldn't, but professors do it all the time too. Coaches/administrators etc will be no different I'm afraid.

Proof?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 09:31:33 PM »

Yeah, that’s called life. The people you interact with mold you and shape your world views. They have an influence on you.

Maybe we should just hide everyone until they are 18 and then have them go vote based on what name they like better?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 09:36:15 PM »
Yeah, that’s called life. The people you interact with mold you and shape your world views. They have an influence on you.

Well said

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 09:42:52 PM »

So people shouldn't share their political beliefs with other people? Better shut down talk radio
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2020, 09:52:29 PM »

Maybe we should just hide everyone until they are 18 and then have them go vote based on what name they like better?

No, help them with the process etc. educate them on voting, maybe some history of it or whatever. But after that let them research and decide on their own..it's like taking a test, you aren't giving them the answers ahead of time. You might tell them what will be on the test, but after that they are on their own. But you do NOT tell them who you think they should vote for, or who you are voting for. One of the most important parts of voting is deciding on your own who the candidate is that you want and why you want them. Don't let anyone/anything influence you. At least at Marquette, if they want to really know about voting etc, send them to Professor McAdams. Though I can't be mad at any college student for not being real educated about politics etc. They are young. Hell, a significant majority of Americans vote for who the mainstream media tells them to because they just aren't educated enough, and have preconceived notions about candidates because of things they hear on TV or read from the many terrible newspapers out there.  That's not the way it's supposed to work. You don't vote for a candidate simply because you hate the other one if the person your voting for would be terrible at his job. Sadly, many millions of voters this year will be doing just that. Those people all know that's why they will be doing it to. Makes me ashamed for many of my fellow Americans. That's not how it's supposed to work.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2020, 09:56:28 PM »
So people shouldn't share their political beliefs with other people? Better shut down talk radio

Sure, the problem is so many millions of Americans listen to the wrong influences and wrong media sources. The ones millions of people get their influence from, do nothing but lie to advance their agendas. Sadly not enough people are educated enough about what's really going on and who the best candidates are so they hear a TV station(or person they are influenced by) say something and they go "okay, sounds good to me" and that's who they vote for and that is 100% factual. Doesn't matter that they are in reality an absolutely terrible candidate.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2020, 10:16:24 PM »
The ball is on the tee, but I'm not swinging.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2020, 10:19:05 PM »

Talk radio, Scoop, schools, cable tv, newspapers, entertainment industry, etc.. - echo chambers all. Start with a narrative, gerrymander the facts to fit it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:22:18 PM by Lennys Tap »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 10:19:18 PM »
Sure, the problem is so many millions of Americans listen to the wrong influences and wrong media sources. The ones millions of people get their influence from, do nothing but lie to advance their agendas. Sadly not enough people are educated enough about what's really going on and who the best candidates are so they hear a TV station(or person they are influenced by) say something and they go "okay, sounds good to me" and that's who they vote for and that is 100% factual. Doesn't matter that they are in reality an absolutely terrible candidate.
So if they don't agree with your views it is wrong. Those you listen to don't have an agenda? What a bunch of worthless drivel.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:47:13 AM by Newsdreams »
Goal is National Championship

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 10:21:26 PM »
Vote Quimby.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 10:24:58 PM »
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 10:28:17 PM »
So if they don't agree with your views it us wrong. Those you listen to don't have an agenda? What a bunch of worthless drivel.

No...they don't have agendas...I shape my own views on my own. The people I listen to tell it the way it is, if I am not sure if I believe it, I verify it from many different places. Sadly so many Americans fall into the trap of believing drivel and flat out lies. I can't necessarily blame the mainstream media for that though, that's more an indictment of the uneducated, unknowledgeable, incredibly gullible americans that eat it up. As long as so many are going to fall into that trap, and continue to believe the lies, they are going to continue to spew them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 10:32:43 PM »
The ball is on the tee, but I'm not swinging.

Yeah ... woulda been the easiest HR ever ... but I'll be a good boy and let guru be the one who gets this thread shut down.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 11:03:26 PM »

So as long as they listen to the right influences and right media sources its all good, eh?
TAMU

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 11:18:21 PM »
Ideally there would be a polling station on the MU campus again. There was until the previous governor had it removed because it was being used too much.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2020, 11:29:43 PM »
So as long as they listen to the right influences and right media sources its all good, eh?

Yes...I mean don't we all want the right influences in our lives?? Again, I think this is a wonderful thing to help students learn about voting etc..What is NOT okay is it's MY OPINION and educated guess, that at least with the men's basketball team, the Coaches would not influence them in the proper direction. There is no one on that campus more equipped to teach the student athletes about the voting process etc than Professor McAdams. I mean, it's what he does. Send them all to him for 45 mins to an hour or however long it takes. At least then they will have learned from someone that does it for a living and he would help them sort through what is BS and what isn't. In fact, I wish millions of Americans could/would learn from him. I'd feel a lot better about at least the MU student athletes(can't speak for Other SA's around the country except I know UW's SA's are a lost cause no use in even bothering trying to reach them), having the proper knowledge about everything before they voted. That's so incredibly important.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2020, 12:22:28 AM »
Yes...I mean don't we all want the right influences in our lives?? Again, I think this is a wonderful thing to help students learn about voting etc..What is NOT okay is it's MY OPINION and educated guess, that at least with the men's basketball team, the Coaches would not influence them in the proper direction. There is no one on that campus more equipped to teach the student athletes about the voting process etc than Professor McAdams. I mean, it's what he does. Send them all to him for 45 mins to an hour or however long it takes. At least then they will have learned from someone that does it for a living and he would help them sort through what is BS and what isn't. In fact, I wish millions of Americans could/would learn from him. I'd feel a lot better about at least the MU student athletes(can't speak for Other SA's around the country except I know UW's SA's are a lost cause no use in even bothering trying to reach them), having the proper knowledge about everything before they voted. That's so incredibly important.

::)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2020, 12:43:12 AM »

I can't tell if you didn't get the joke or if you are taking the joke one step further. Either way, bravo.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 12:45:32 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU