[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo to Duke odds  (Read 21551 times)

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:59:24 PM by geps »

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: Wojo to Duke odds
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 06:04:59 PM »
Why would Duke want Wojo?  He's a terrible coach.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 06:12:15 PM »
"Meanwhile, over that time, Wojciechowski has won consistently in the Big East " - Winning consistently translates to being under .500  :o

muguru

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 06:13:45 PM »
"Meanwhile, over that time, Wojciechowski has won consistently in the Big East " - Winning consistently translates to being under .500  :o

Nope, Chicos says you can't count his first year because of the mess he inherited from Buzz, so you have to throw that out and he's over .500  ::)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 07:06:05 PM »
Why would Duke want Wojo?  He's a terrible coach.
crazier stuff has happened. In football, under .500 Kliff Kingsbury goes from Texas Tech to the NFL’s Arizona Cardinals as HC. I guess Duke could take Wojo.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 07:17:26 PM »
BeeJay has a bedder chance of satisfyin' Kate Upton, aina?

#freeBeeJay
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 07:22:28 PM »
Take him. Please.

Death on call

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 08:13:32 PM »
BeeJay has a bedder chance of satisfyin' Kate Upton, aina?

#freeBeeJay

#freeBJ2020 hu u now he hasnt
Goal is National Championship

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 09:39:20 PM »
I’d go all out to pry Stevens from the Celtics.  The Coach K family tree is unbelievably underwhelming when they’ve run their own programs.  Brey has been solid, but unspectacular at ND.  Amaker was terrible at Michigan, so hard to believe his success at Harvard translates. 

As for our fair haired lad.....🤣🤣🤣🤣

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 10:34:14 PM »
We all have tunnel vision when it comes to MU hoops, and for good reason. We all desperately want to win big again, and then to stay on top for years and years. Nothing wrong with that, obviously.

I wish Wojo had done better to date. I gave him a lot of rope, and I still don't blame him exclusively for our program not getting at least back to Buzz level, but he is the man in charge and the buck needs to stop with him. Although I still defend him sometimes from what I feel are baseless attacks, I am no longer a solid "projo." It's time for him to win. Hell, it's past time.

Having said all that ...

Take a good look at that SI article. It was filled with praise for Wojo. The author thinks Wojo is doing a fine job at Marquette. And based on what I've seen and read over the past few years from those outside the MU universe -- and I consider Scoop to very much be inside the MU universe -- that writer's view is pretty typical.

Many of us are down on Wojo to varying degrees because we are very close to the situation and we want to win big. But those who think Wojo has turned Marquette into some kind of national laughingstock ... I simply think those Scoopers have too much tunnel vision to have even one iota of objectivity. Based on evidence I've seen, Wojo seems pretty well-respected.

Oh, and I doubt he would have been able to land the recruiting class he did if the national perception of him was that he was running a joke of a program.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 10:41:14 PM »
We all have tunnel vision when it comes to MU hoops, and for good reason. We all desperately want to win big again, and then to stay on top for years and years. Nothing wrong with that, obviously.

I wish Wojo had done better to date. I gave him a lot of rope, and I still don't blame him exclusively for our program not getting at least back to Buzz level, but he is the man in charge and the buck needs to stop with him. Although I still defend him sometimes from what I feel are baseless attacks, I am no longer a solid "projo." It's time for him to win. Hell, it's past time.

Having said all that ...

Take a good look at that SI article. It was filled with praise for Wojo. The author thinks Wojo is doing a fine job at Marquette. And based on what I've seen and read over the past few years from those outside the MU universe -- and I consider Scoop to very much be inside the MU universe -- that writer's view is pretty typical.

Many of us are down on Wojo to varying degrees because we are very close to the situation and we want to win big. But those who think Wojo has turned Marquette into some kind of national laughingstock ... I simply think those Scoopers have too much tunnel vision to have even one iota of objectivity. Based on evidence I've seen, Wojo seems pretty well-respected.

Oh, and I doubt he would have been able to land the recruiting class he did if the national perception of him was that he was running a joke of a program.
Well said. Lot of well reasoned arguments. I may not agree 100% but I can appreciate a well written post.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 11:54:37 PM »
Take him. Please.

The Henny Youngman of coaches, aina?

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2020, 12:37:47 AM »

Having said all that ...

Very good post.  MU is definitely not a laughingstock nationally.  It definitely could be a lot worse. But it is past time to win.  We are starting to fade from relevance every year we don’t do damage in the tournament.   Starting to get the sarcastic “Marquette going to make the NIT this year“ from friends with wry smiles on their faces. 

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2020, 01:16:17 AM »

Having said all that ...

Another solid post. You have really developed.
You must be working with a posting trainer.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2020, 07:05:50 AM »

Having said all that ...

Any writer who thinks wojo has done a solid job, has not paid attention to Marquette in the past 20 years.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2020, 07:16:52 AM »
From the outside, from a macro perspective, Wojo is successful.    From a micro perspective, elbows deep,  there is much to kvetch about.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2020, 07:20:03 AM »

Having said all that ...

Wojo Performance at the Mike Deane Level

MU has great resources and deserves a better coach than Wojo

Once the bromance with Lovell ends, MU can get back to the business of tracking where we were in the Crean /Buzz era.

Have said for quite some time now the only way to get rid of Wojo is for him to be hired away. Covid screwed the pooch with respect to that potential Wojexit.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 07:21:24 AM »
I think this author for the SI story looked at Wojo’s Wikipedia page for his summary. It’s as superficial as “analysis” can be.

The thought of Wojo coaching a basketball blue blood, that’s what the laughingstock is.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 07:51:14 AM »
I think this author for the SI story looked at Wojo’s Wikipedia page for his summary. It’s as superficial as “analysis” can be.

The thought of Wojo coaching a basketball blue blood, that’s what the laughingstock is.

It’s pretty important to remember SI is not the SI of old. It’s pretty much Bleacher Report articles now. Probably more sophisticated.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 08:01:41 AM »
It’s pretty important to remember SI is not the SI of old. It’s pretty much Bleacher Report articles now. Probably more sophisticated.

It’s embarrassing how bad SI has become
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 08:50:09 AM »
Another solid post. You have really developed.
You must be working with a posting trainer.

Sure, but when someone's posts don't improve Wojo gets the blame for not developing them.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 08:56:42 AM »
I think any coach would be crazy to take the Duke job when Coach K retires.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 10:27:45 AM »
The article doesn't consider anyone outside of the Duke family for the position, which, is a realistic possibility. With that said, unless Wojo makes a couple of 2nd weekend runs very soon, he is not likely going to be as high on the list as a few other Duke coaches here.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 10:38:43 AM »
Honestly, none of the coaches listed are qualified for Duke.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2020, 10:42:37 AM »
Why would Duke want Wojo?

FIFY. 

Seriously though, Wojo isn't going to Duke when K retires.  There is no way he is in their top 5 choices. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.