[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Anonymous Eagle Article  (Read 20240 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Anonymous Eagle Article
« on: May 27, 2020, 07:37:00 PM »
https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2020/5/26/21268886/marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-head-coach-steve-wojciechowski-roster-turnover

Haven't seen this anywhere on Scoop. Must be that it is not acceptable to imply criticism of the wondrous one.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: Anonymous Eagle Article
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »
It’s a real problem.  Particularly if you subscribe to the theory of stability + getting old = being good.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 07:46:45 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

panda

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 07:45:45 PM »
The player retention issue discussed is an issue but the real problem during the Wojo tenure has been developing and cultivating high school. Not enough development to establish any sort of program building blocks.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 07:58:17 PM »
https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2020/5/26/21268886/marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-head-coach-steve-wojciechowski-roster-turnover

Haven't seen this anywhere on Scoop. Must be that it is not acceptable to imply criticism of the wondrous one.
Lol. Just post the link. You don’t have to poison the well at go.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 08:12:08 PM »
Yawn.

Have to go back to the Crean years to find the last time nobody transferred out.

Bailey didn't transfer, he went pro. 

The door swings both ways.

Over 800 transfers this year.   Statistically speaking, MU is trailing in out transfers by at least two this offseason.   

Blah, blah, blah, Wojo slurper.     Blah blah blah, driving everyone away.   Blah blah blah I knew he sucked before anyone else did.    Blah blah blah I don't trust MU's administration, but I know MU can do better.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 08:26:39 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 08:16:17 PM »

How does this compare nationally? Were there underlying issues leading to those transfers? Only half the story here.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 08:22:42 PM »

Wow. Anoymous Eagle, the designated Pro MU website, puts out a negative on Wojo research report. That speaks volumes.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

panda

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 08:25:36 PM »
The article is slightly misguided. Transfers aren’t the direct problem but they’re certainly an issue as to why the program hasn’t gotten out of first gear with Wojo. There isn’t enough continuity with high school players to create building blocks for the program to improve year over year. The players who stay haven’t developed much beyond role players.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 08:32:31 PM »
The article is slightly misguided. Transfers aren’t the direct problem but they’re certainly an issue as to why the program hasn’t gotten out of first gear with Wojo. There isn’t enough continuity with high school players to create building blocks for the program to improve year over year. The players who stay haven’t developed much beyond role players.

Which leads to the REAL issue...the talent overall simply hasn't been good enough. The reason they only developed into role players, is simple...because they were never meant to be or talented enough to be more than role players no matter how much they developed. Take this next year for example..should a kid like Jamal Cain really be a starter for a High Major program?? Absolutely not. A guy like Cain should be at best a 7th or 8th man. He gives great effort, he's been a great representative of the University, but by no means should he be a starter or even play a significant role, but he'll have to.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 08:36:56 PM »
Wow. Anoymous Eagle, the designated Pro MU website, puts out a negative on Wojo research report. That speaks volumes.

It isn't a designated Pro MU website and several of their contributors have been decidedly negative for some time with no real alternative answers, but complaining some of them do well.  Tired read. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 08:38:53 PM »
Yawn.

Have to go back to the Crean years to find the last time nobody transferred out.

The door swings both ways.

Over 800 transfers this year.   Statistically speaking, MU is trailing in out tranfers by at least two this offseason.   

Blah, blah, blah, Wojo slurper.     Blah blah blah, driving everyone away.   Blah blah blah I knew he sucked before anyone else did.    Blah blah blah I don't trust MU's administration, but I know MU can do better.

Agreed.

If you state something is a problem it needs a comparison to illustrate a why and that something is different. A simple google search will show that our last coach had 12 transfers when using the same criteria. Another google search will show a wanna-to-be sports blogger posting that those 12 transfers showed something wrong with Buzz. Another google search shows that Crean had 13 transfer in his time at Indiana which is probably similar to his time at MU.

Transfers are a Marquette issue not one coach issue.

Anything is fair game to complain about but at least back it up with data.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »

They’ve been largely negative about Wojo for awhile.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 08:46:20 PM »
They’ve been largely negative about Wojo for awhile.
I know someone who can chage that.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 09:14:22 PM »
Not really concerned with overall numbers, more focused on the quality of players leaving and why.  Hausergate has been beaten to death, so I'll focus on another.  I'm still fairly certain that the entire story never came out but Haani leaving low key hurt a lot.  He would have been a Senior on the 18-19 squad.  At a time when Koby was sitting out, Greg was redshirting, Chartouny couldn't cut it, and Markus was playing though an injury another 6-6 guard that scored 13 ppg his Senior year at a high major while hitting 34% from deep would have been a very nice commodity to have, and could have positively affected that end of season skid.  Never know how the roster would have turned out had he stayed, but...

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 09:15:20 PM »
I know someone who can chage that.

In today's world, they would complain anyway.  Few people are happy and entitlement with fans is endless.  Win a few years, you only set yourself up for even more complaints because fans expect the mountain to be conquered.  My hope is when Wojo leaves we do not have a bunch of you pining for the days of Wojo, but that scenario is entirely possible.  We become a program that goes 10 to 20 years with maybe 2 or 3 appearances.  Today we only settle for a program that makes the NCAA tournament 75% of the time the last four years.  The nerve
— Plato

muguru

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 09:19:56 PM »
In today's world, they would complain anyway.  Few people are happy and entitlement with fans is endless.  Win a few years, you only set yourself up for even more complaints because fans expect the mountain to be conquered.  My hope is when Wojo leaves we do not have a bunch of you pining for the days of Wojo, but that scenario is entirely possible.  We become a program that goes 10 to 20 years with maybe 2 or 3 appearances.  Today we only settle for a program that makes the NCAA tournament 75% of the time the last four years.  The nerve

You realize Wojo has a losing BE record right?? How in the hell do you justify that?? You can't. Period. It's not like this is the old BE where it's the best conference ever assembled(in which BTW MU won a conference champ). MU should at MINIMUM be finishing in the top 3-4 of the Big East every year. Period. I didn't say win it(so don't put words in my mouth), I said top 3-4(with BE titles sprinkled in). Compared to the rest of the schools in the BE currently, the fact that MU hasn't done that, is a HUGE indictment on the program.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 09:28:34 PM »
Look, I get that Wojo isn't horrible.  He's good. I also recognize that the 10 or 11 seed this year would have been 3 out of 4. I also recognize we will not be in next year. 3 of 7 years is good,  not great.

My opinion means squat. Look at his contract situation then tell me MU is sold on him.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 09:40:24 PM »
You realize Wojo has a losing BE record right?? How in the hell do you justify that?? You can't. Period. It's not like this is the old BE where it's the best conference ever assembled(in which BTW MU won a conference champ). MU should at MINIMUM be finishing in the top 3-4 of the Big East every year. Period. I didn't say win it(so don't put words in my mouth), I said top 3-4(with BE titles sprinkled in). Compared to the rest of the schools in the BE currently, the fact that MU hasn't done that, is a HUGE indictment on the program.

Yes, because of his first year with a total rebuild.  Take out his rookie year without his players, and he has a winning Big East record. 
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 09:43:09 PM »
Look, I get that Wojo isn't horrible.  He's good. I also recognize that the 10 or 11 seed this year would have been 3 out of 4. I also recognize we will not be in next year. 3 of 7 years is good,  not great.

My opinion means squat. Look at his contract situation then tell me MU is sold on him.

I remember Hards Alumni saying we would not make even the NIT.  He was wrong.  Does anyone know if we will make the tournament this year, but you do?  I prefer to wait and see before establishing that in May.

Who is coming here? Who is buying him out?  Why is the new guy staying?
— Plato

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 09:45:04 PM »
Yes, because of his first year with a total rebuild.  Take out his rookie year without his players, and he has a winning Big East record.

Semantics...but regardless, he has a less than stellar BE record. Again, MU should finish top 3-4 every year. That's not having unrealistic explanations, that's not embellishing or asking for too much. That's just reality a program like MU's should be top 3-4 every year in conference.

panda

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 09:48:39 PM »
Semantics...but regardless, he has a less than stellar BE record. Again, MU should finish top 3-4 every year. That's not having unrealistic explanations, that's not embellishing or asking for too much. That's just reality a program like MU's should be top 3-4 every year in conference.

Wojo has done a great job of unintentionally lowering a segment of the fan bases expectations.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2020, 09:57:39 PM »
Yawn.

Come on, how many players under Crean or Buzz transferred that were actual high calibre solid players and not people playing 2 steps too far up?

And Bailey transferring/going pro is still a player leaving early. It doesn't help the program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2020, 09:59:42 PM »
Come on, how many players under Crean or Buzz transferred that were actual high calibre solid players and not people playing 2 steps too far up?

And Bailey transferring/going pro is still a player leaving early. It doesn't help the program.

Probably about 2 each. Or roughly the same amount as Buzz and Crean.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2020, 10:02:02 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o

3 out of 7 years at MU is not good. It's a failure. This isn't 1989 Marquette. This is a Marquette that made the tournament (starting from 2001) 10 out of 13 times. Wojo has already missed that mark as many times in 6 years.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2020, 10:09:15 PM »
:o :o :o :o :o :o

3 out of 7 years at MU is not good. It's a failure. This isn't 1989 Marquette. This is a Marquette that made the tournament (starting from 2001) 10 out of 13 times. Wojo has already missed that mark as many times in 6 years.

Thank you! You just won the internet today..there's nothing more that needs to be said about this. You know what else Wojo has done in 6 years?? Lost to DePaul 6 times..pathetic

feedback