collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:52:38 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Is Twitter Down?  (Read 1523 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Is Twitter Down?
« on: May 30, 2020, 07:13:30 AM »
Every twitter link just comes up blank. Now I don't have a twitter account but I could still see what was in the link. Maybe it is just my iMac.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Is Twitter Down?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 07:14:16 AM »
Not down for me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 09:34:10 AM »
Every twitter link just comes up blank. Now I don't have a twitter account but I could still see what was in the link. Maybe it is just my iMac.

restart the computer... fixes almost everything.  I have weird problems like this happen to me as well.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 02:33:21 PM »

What browser are you using? They updated and made a variety of browsers incompatible.  I know some older versions of Firefox are.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 02:45:41 PM »
I've always been anti-Twitter and said I'd never get one, but how they're handling the clown that's running this country is so good that I may just sign up for one out of respect for the company.  First putting a fact checker on his Tweets is hilarious (and then the president cries about his freedom of speech...pure gold coming from someone who banned certain news sources from attending White House press briefings).  Now making the statement that his Tweet about shooting looters is against their policy but they believe it is important for people to see how unhinged our president is is so good.

So I've talked myself into a Twitter.  Will report back on whether the site is down or not later.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 02:53:20 PM »
Worked fine to sign up for.  Don't really know how to use it though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 04:48:10 PM »
I've always been anti-Twitter and said I'd never get one, but how they're handling the clown that's running this country is so good that I may just sign up for one out of respect for the company.  First putting a fact checker on his Tweets is hilarious (and then the president cries about his freedom of speech...pure gold coming from someone who banned certain news sources from attending White House press briefings).  Now making the statement that his Tweet about shooting looters is against their policy but they believe it is important for people to see how unhinged our president is is so good.

So I've talked myself into a Twitter.  Will report back on whether the site is down or not later.

Twitter’s fact check got it wrong in their fact check.  They stated an incorrect fact about Nebraska and have been called out on it.  These guys really need to up their game if they want to be fact checkers they better get it right.  Similar to the Washington Post fact checker book that came out this week and in their advertisement they had a blatantly wrong and up factual statement.  The ad ran again two days later that was corrected.  Sloppy.

The world of disinformation at the moment is terrible.  Deep Fakes will make it worse.  I fear for the Republic.  The trust in media is terribly low for reasons they should know.  Trust in institutions almost as low.  This isn’t a new thing either, this has been cooking for some time.  Powder keg
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 09:26:31 PM »
Twitter’s fact check got it wrong in their fact check.  They stated an incorrect fact about Nebraska and have been called out on it.  These guys really need to up their game if they want to be fact checkers they better get it right.  Similar to the Washington Post fact checker book that came out this week and in their advertisement they had a blatantly wrong and up factual statement.  The ad ran again two days later that was corrected.  Sloppy.

The world of disinformation at the moment is terrible.  Deep Fakes will make it worse.  I fear for the Republic.  The trust in media is terribly low for reasons they should know.  Trust in institutions almost as low.  This isn’t a new thing either, this has been cooking for some time.  Powder keg

Thanks, Cheeks.  I'll delete my Twitter now.  You saved face for me.  Heck, I may have even started following teenage boys on Twitter to see where they were going to play basketball.  How creepy would that be?!

As a token of my gratitude, next time you're in Milwaukee stop by for some beer in my back yard.  I've got some Fun World tickets waiting for you and your fam.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 09:30:22 PM by wadesworld »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »

LMFAO

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 10:55:58 PM »
LMFAO

https://www.businessinsider.com/twitters-first-fact-check-on-trumps-voting-tweets-was-misleading-2020-5

There is really not a more pristine organization I can think of to fact check accurately than Twitter.  Ha ha.  Their first try and they miss.  If you want to get into the fact checking business, you better get it right.  Bill Maher could not be more right on this.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 11:41:39 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/twitters-first-fact-check-on-trumps-voting-tweets-was-misleading-2020-5

There is really not a more pristine organization I can think of to fact check accurately than Twitter.  Ha ha.  Their first try and they miss.  If you want to get into the fact checking business, you better get it right.  Bill Maher could not be more right on this.

LMFAO