[March 18, 2024, 11:12:52 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: 2003 MU at Louisville on ESPNU tonight 8:30pm Eastern  (Read 6673 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: 2003 MU at Louisville on ESPNU tonight 8:30pm Eastern
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2020, 06:43:08 PM »
Lol. So you meant something different than what you said but it’s everyone else’s fault for not interpreting it how you meant it instead of interpreting it, well, as you said it.

Well, in that case, my bad! MU is a joke of a program!

:o  ::)

Right, Marquette is far and above what you promised us, duke level. I must have forgotten that we surpassed them.

Edit: I've since blocked Wadesworld. I forgot that he was the same kid who whined about Jake Arrieta so much people had memes for beating a dead horse anytime he posted.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2020, 06:59:19 PM »
We have had a losing record in conference 4 of the last 6 seasons.  ::)

If you really think Marquette is on a good tracetory then provide your argument. I'm not going to engage in the immaturity you display on each thread.

Seriously ...

You are a consumer. If you really like a product but things happen and that product becomes a "joke" and a "loser," do you continue to consume that product or do you continue to visit that restaurant or do you continue to watch that director's movies?

I honestly don't know why anybody who thinks the situation is as hopeless as you obviously do would keep consuming the product.

As for immaturity, you are the one who continues to pursue the "joke" narrative. It's as useful, accurate and mature as the "Markus is a cancer" argument.

If you think it's a joke, bid it an un-fond adieu and move on.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2020, 07:11:12 PM »
For all the people getting hung on on the term "joke".

Is Marquette as bad as depaul, no. DePaul is an absolute joke of a program.

Marquette is a joke of a program compared to 8 years ago. Marquette is a joke of a program compared to what their trajectory was 6 years ago.

I guess I should have been a bit more obvious to what I'm saying. Since this was scoop y'all went and ran with a word.

So I'll say this one last time.

Marquette is a unnatural carnal knowledgeing joke. 8 years ago they were dominate. Were they NCAA champ calibre? Not really.  But did they have a shot every year? Yes.

Be honest, did anyone here think that teams like seton hall, providence, and Creighton would be better teams then Marquette 7 years ago? Because seton hall and providence barely were a scare on the schedule.

If any of you are happy where this program currently is, rebuild year 7. Then damn y'all got some low expectations for a team that won the big east.

Michigan was a joke of a program when they went 11 years between NCAA tournaments and got themselves on probation.

Northwestern, Penn State and Rutgers are “jokes” of a program even after two would have gone to the tourney this past season.

Oregon State is a joke of a program (1 tourney since 1990).

Washington State is a joke with 3 tourney appearances since 1983, none since 2008, and drawing 4K a game.

We all know that DePaul is a joke of a program.

Wake Forest has nearly become a joke of a program. One tourney appearance  since 2010 (first four).

MU with 3* in the past four years 7* since 2010, and multiple weeks in the top 25, not a “joke.”
* meaning we would have made it this past season.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

panda

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2020, 07:15:17 PM »
and multiple weeks in the top 25, not a “joke.”

Hang a banner!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2020, 07:49:36 PM »
How 'bout that Marquette comeback at Louisville!

It was "fun" watching it in Lo-D. My son was like, "That was really how you watched everything back then?"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2020, 08:12:53 PM »
Not the return to greatness hoped for.   Not a joke.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2020, 08:15:35 PM »

* meaning we would have made it this past season.

Marquette was on the bubble this year. Had they lost in the BET in the first round plenty of people were talking about MU being left out. A lot of people forget just how poorly marquette was playing at the end.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2020, 09:25:48 PM »
MU is an absolute joke!!!!!!

MU has a losing record every year, has never made the NCAA tournament and never will, has never finished above 8th in the conference, and our coaches have neither signed nor developed a single player that any other program would ever want.

A total joke!!!!

Like all others who think the program is a joke, I am never going to watch another game involving the team. I mean, why would anybody want to be associated with a joke of a program?

#jokemarquettewillneverwin

Oh, and Markus was a cancer, too.

Step one:  Establish hyperbole.

Step two: Destroy that hyperbole.

Step three: Ignore results.  Point out hyperbole is wrong, again.   

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2020, 09:41:04 PM »
Marquette was on the bubble this year. Had they lost in the BET in the first round plenty of people were talking about MU being left out. A lot of people forget just how poorly marquette was playing at the end.

Since we want to go with bracketology projections to prove Marquette was worse in 2019-2020 than they were in 2018-2019, Marquette was in 97 out of 97 (100%) of the brackets on Bracket Matrix.  Marquette was as much on the "bubble" as they are a "joke."

Or do you not really mean "bubble" and we should just know you didn't really mean that word?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2020, 09:54:55 PM »

This is patently untrue. Marquette was a lock as soon as they beat Georgetown. They were not on the bubble, they were not being talked about being left out or close to left out. There were 97 brackets filed on March 12 at Bracket Matrix and all 97 had Marquette in the field. The majority (82.5%) had them as a single digit seed. You can not like Wojo, you can be disappointed with the results, you can say they were playing bad at the end of the season, all of that is valid, but they were absolutely, unquestionably a NCAA Tournament team.

Also...it is patently untrue that people forget how poorly Marquette was playing at the end. We all know how they were playing at the end because we all watched it. It freaking sucked. But that doesn't change that they were not on the bubble and never in danger of being left out.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2020, 11:08:41 PM »

It was "fun" watching it in Lo-D. My son was like, "That was really how you watched everything back then?"

Some of us appreciate the effort to re-rail this thread.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2020, 01:02:50 AM »
Some of us appreciate the effort to re-rail this thread.

I think it was a joke
Goal is National Championship

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2020, 09:39:50 AM »

The first time I watched the 1977 championship game with my daughter, she kept asking me to “fix“ the picture.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2020, 12:25:39 PM »
We have had a losing record in conference 4 of the last 6 seasons.  ::)

If you really think Marquette is on a good tracetory then provide your argument. I'm not going to engage in the immaturity you display on each thread.
But wait. What happened to the mantra here that Wojo has the program on an upward trajectory? Haven't heard that at all lately
Somebody needs to jump start that mantra, at least so we can respond with the fold down the stretch last 2 years is not evidence of an upward trajectory!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback