collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Job status  (Read 28360 times)

MarquetteDano

• All American
Re: Job status
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2020, 10:48:16 AM »
Own a small consulting company.  Our billings are down 40%.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2020, 10:57:00 AM »
Just reading the responses on this thread really hits home the economic impact of the pandemic.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2020, 12:20:35 PM »
No change in job, but guessing end of the year is looking more like Jam of the Month instead of a swimming pool.

Same here.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2020, 12:24:16 PM »
Software sales, lucky to have a product that can help in the moment (texting platform for colleges to scale communication over SMS), but our #1 customer is higher ed, prospects are either buzz off or I need this right now.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2020, 12:40:08 PM »
12% pay cut, half of our team was furloughed/laid off.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2020, 01:34:31 PM »
FWIW I didn't give much context, but I'm with a small law firm, non-attorney staff cut over 50%, 2 associates laid off, our revenue is down apocalyptically. I'm not in on final number conversations, but I'd suspect that without the PPP lifeline those cuts would have been far deeper and far wider.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2020, 02:37:18 PM »
Nothing much yet. Officially no COLA or merit increases for the next year. Furloughs are coming, we'll see if it hits me personally or not.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2020, 05:06:59 PM »
Hospital products firm. Almost 0 T&E spend, planning on keeping flat with any elective surgery loss. Not an ultra lucrative place in the best of times but rock solid stable in a pandemic...

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2020, 05:03:50 PM »
Private equity is booming. Still lots of capital chasing quality deals.

theBabyDavid's mother is active with the local Children's Hospital. Senior execs there are working for free while all staff are required to use up to 6 weeks of PTO before Dec 31. No actual loss of income, just clearing the balance sheet of liabilities.

The freeze on elective procedures drained over $60MM of forecasted revenue. Thank God the tiny testicled Governor is finally opening up the ORs.   

Death on call

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2020, 05:27:59 PM »
Work for a relatively small publicly traded company with $4B market cap pre-pandemic, now at $2.5B market cap.

30% let go/furloughed
401k match temporarily eliminated
C-Level 50% paycuts
Director level 20% paycuts
Anyone over 100k, 10% paycut

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »

theBabyDavid's mother is active with the local Children's Hospital. Senior execs there are working for free while all staff are required to use up to 6 weeks of PTO before Dec 31. No actual loss of income, just clearing the balance sheet of liabilities.

The freeze on elective procedures drained over $60MM of forecasted revenue. Thank God the tiny testicled Governor is finally opening up the ORs.   

Inslee has done an outstanding job. The 1st state that was hard hit now has had fewer cases than about 20 other states. He helped save a lot of lives.

So, like your hero, you feel the need to call him names like a 12-year old. Grow up, man.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2020, 07:50:55 PM »
Inslee has done an outstanding job. The 1st state that was hard hit now has had fewer cases than about 20 other states. He helped save a lot of lives.

So, like your hero, you feel the need to call him names like a 12-year old. Grow up, man.

Inslee and Newsome really did an amazing job with this.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2020, 08:01:35 PM »
Inslee, who actually had a blah approval rating a few months ago, is now in the high 60s due to the way he has dealt with the pandemic.

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/politics/article/inslee-soars-trump-slumps-in-polls-on-covid-19-15289135.php

Meanwhile, Trump is extremely disliked in Washington state, where just 36% approve of how he is doing.

Nationally, in an aggregate of all polls, Trump's approval rating is between 43% and 45%, depending upon which aggregator one looks at. He is historically unpopular, although he of course still could win re-election because of the Electoral College system the U.S. uses to choose its president.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2020, 08:47:43 PM »

Idiotic final sentence aside, it is interesting how the healthcare industry is being impacted by the elective surgery freeze. My company has seen a near zero purchasing pattern of products used primarily in elective surgery, but an offsetting increase to Dialysis products, as apparently this disease does a number on the kidneys. We essentially re forecast every two weeks now vs once a quarter because the situation is so volatile depending on outbreaks and such.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2020, 08:59:10 PM »
I remember reading an article that Wisconsin's hospitals have lost $300m these past 3 months.

But .. it's interesting to think about health care.  You don't sell $300m of corn, steel, or lawn mowers, the world has less of those things.

Health care .. I'm not so sure about.  Are Wisconsinites $300m less healthy? (COVID notwithstanding..)   Or did Wisconsinites keep $300m in their pockets  to their (or their insurance company's) betterment?

.. And that leads to .. lots of auto insurance companies sent refund checks because people weren't driving much, 90% fewer accidents, way less payout.  Should the health insurance industry do the same?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2020, 09:01:32 PM »
Inslee and Newsome really did an amazing job with this.

Yep. I’d give both of them an A+, and Gretchen Whitmer and Larry Hogan an A.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 09:03:57 PM by GooooMarquette »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2020, 09:04:09 PM »

Nationally, in an aggregate of all polls, Trump's approval rating is between 43% and 45%, depending upon which aggregator one looks at. He is historically unpopular, although he of course still could win re-election because of the Electoral College system the U.S. uses to choose its president.

Historically unpopular at between 43 and 45%?

Mike, Jimmy Carter was at 30% the June before his November loss to Reagan. “W” spent a lot of time in the 20s. Even President Obama spent 3 pretty long stints at the 40% mark. Didn’t look up Clinton or George the elder but I’d imagine they both spent time in the dumpster and that H.W. was pretty low at this time before his re-election loss.Reagan is the only president in the last 5+ decades who didn’t spend long periods below the Mendoza line.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2020, 09:09:28 PM »

Mike, Jimmy Carter was at 30% the June before his November loss to Reagan. “W” spent a lot of time in the 20s. Even President Obama spent 3 pretty long stints at the 40% mark. Didn’t look up Clinton or George the elder but I’d imagine they both spent time in the dumpster and that H.W. was pretty low at this time before his re-election loss.Reagan is the only president in the last 5+ decades who didn’t spend long periods below the Mendoza line.

Agree with you on this, Lenny. I can’t understand it, but he does keep his people on board.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2020, 09:51:59 PM »

Lenny, Lenny. OMB, didn't you know?

Nads will tell you again, and again and again and again...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2020, 10:52:59 PM »

Yep. I’d give both of them an A+, and Gretchen Whitmer and Larry Hogan an A.

Gov Whitmer (Michigan) gets an “A”? Wow.

What grades do you assign to the following:

DeSantis, Abbott, Kemp, DeWine

Pritzker, Cuomo, Murphy, Wolf and Lamont.

Personally, I would wait awhile - but since you think we have enough information, I’d be interested in your grading.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2020, 11:17:25 PM »

Personally, I would wait awhile - but since you think we have enough information, I’d be interested in your grading.

Yep, Whitmer gets an A. If you haven’t noticed by now, I believe in science.

As for wanting more information, I never said the grades were final; those won’t come for at least another year. All anyone can do at this point is give grades to this point.

I’m not familiar enough with all the names to give grades, but Cuomo and DeSantis get C- (Cuomo for major early failures and DeSantis more recently) and Kemp (who didn’t know about asymptomatic spread until April 1) fails and gets held back a year.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2020, 11:24:40 PM »

Yep, Whitmer gets an A. If you haven’t noticed by now, I believe in science.

As for wanting more information, I never said the grades were final; those won’t come for at least another year. All anyone can do at this point is give grades to this point.

I’m not familiar enough with all the names to give grades, but Cuomo and DeSantis get C- (Cuomo for major early failures and DeSantis more recently) and Kemp (who didn’t know about asymptomatic spread until April 1) fails and gets held back a year.

Will results figure in your final grades?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2020, 11:26:11 PM »
Will results figure in your final grades?

Absolutely. Final Exam.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2020, 04:41:26 AM »
I work in healthcare IT. Some layoffs did occur, especially independent contractors (of which I am). I didn't lose my contract or have to accept any concessions.

I really struggle to understand how a healthcare system determines which appendage(s) to lop off in this scenario. There aren't many good options. Some did postpone/cancel IT initiatives to (I assume) find money in the very short term but in the long run it's a losing venture.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2020, 04:44:05 AM »
Peeps bolted like cockroaches in da kitchen when the lights got turned on. Thank you ADA, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"