[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Fascinating video from some doctors on COVID stats and recommendations  (Read 11084 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Fascinating video from some doctors on COVID stats and recommendations
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2020, 02:58:14 PM »
You Tube should not be censoring, but they do.  It has been happening in social media for several years now.  Wholly UnAmerican and not appropriate for the debate we all should be having.

It is good that others are pushing back, that is where dialogue stems from.  Have the debate, do not censor.

Related.  Last night Dr. Stephen Smith, Infectious Disease expert, called the Virginia study on hydroxychoriquine a sham.  Is he right?  I don't know, but there sure seem to be many people that are gleeful if it doesn't work or point to examples to prove they are right.

"I've no idea why [University of Virginia School of Medicine opthamology professor Dr. Jayakrishna Ambati] delved into this study, which isn't a study. It's a sham," Smith said. "I can't believe anyone took this seriously. There's not one dosage listed, cumulative or daily, of hydroxychloriquine or anthromicin. And people call this a study."

Where'd you get that story about Dr. Stephen Smith?  CNN?  MSNBC?  I ask this rhetorically, because I know the answer.

Additionally, what are Dr. Stephen Smith's credentials?  What is the Smith Center?  Why do they have the same name?  Is it just a guy with a small practice in Jersey that has DONATE buttons all over his webpage?

You know, you wouldn't seem so intellectually dishonest if you'd even do a simple google search before quoting and appealing to the authority of one man.

But I guess some things never change. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2020, 02:59:18 PM »
YouTube has no obligation to allow people to use its private platform to spread misinformation, especially misinformation that's potentially dangerous. That;s the kind of thing that gets companies sued.
Since when is it "UnAmerican" for a private enterprise to choose how its service is used? Funny take from a guy who believes the NFL was within its rights to punish anthem kneelers.

Not remotely related.
Also, you didn't mention that Dr. Stephen Smith is a Fox News guest who's claimed that hydroxychloroquine would end the pandemic.
A very objective source.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-stephen-smith-on-effectiveness-of-hydroxychloroquine-with-coronavirus-symptoms-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-pandemic

Crap, I walked away for 20 minutes to do some work, and I don't get to be the first to crap on that guy.  C'est la vie.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2020, 03:04:01 PM »
You Tube should not be censoring, but they do.  It has been happening in social media for several years now.  Wholly UnAmerican and not appropriate for the debate we all should be having.

It is good that others are pushing back, that is where dialogue stems from.  Have the debate, do not censor.

Related.  Last night Dr. Stephen Smith, Infectious Disease expert, called the Virginia study on hydroxychoriquine a sham.  Is he right?  I don't know, but there sure seem to be many people that are gleeful if it doesn't work or point to examples to prove they are right.

"I've no idea why [University of Virginia School of Medicine opthamology professor Dr. Jayakrishna Ambati] delved into this study, which isn't a study. It's a sham," Smith said. "I can't believe anyone took this seriously. There's not one dosage listed, cumulative or daily, of hydroxychloriquine or anthromicin. And people call this a study."

lol, internet lawyer is very serious about censorship.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2020, 03:36:20 PM »
Misinformation should be squashed by every authority that has control over its domain.

There should be zero "debate" when it comes to misinformation.

Intellectual dishonesty continues.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2020, 01:34:04 PM »
YouTube has no obligation to allow people to use its private platform to spread misinformation, especially misinformation that's potentially dangerous. That;s the kind of thing that gets companies sued.
Since when is it "UnAmerican" for a private enterprise to choose how its service is used? Funny take from a guy who believes the NFL was within its rights to punish anthem kneelers.

Not remotely related.
Also, you didn't mention that Dr. Stephen Smith is a Fox News guest who's claimed that hydroxychloroquine would end the pandemic.
A very objective source.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-stephen-smith-on-effectiveness-of-hydroxychloroquine-with-coronavirus-symptoms-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-pandemic

I have never made any comment about NFL anthem protests here.   If you want my opinion, they have every right to express their opinion in any way they wish.  That is the American way.   There may be consequences to those actions from some parts of society, but that does not change my opinion they should be able to do what they wish.

Who is determining if what those doctors are saying is misinformation?  It is their opinion as doctors.  YouTube may be under no obligation, but it appears they are deciding what is and isn't trustworthy.  What are YouTube's credentials to do this?  If these doctors had said in early March that wearing a mask was important, would their videos have been pulled down since WHO and others said masks were not important until they changed their stance?

Are Dr. Smith's concerns about the study done valid?   He raised legitimate concerns and the question should be whether they are valid. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2020, 01:36:21 PM »
Who is determining if what those doctors are saying is misinformation?  It is their opinion as doctors.  YouTube may be under no obligation, but it appears they are deciding what is and isn't trustworthy.  What are YouTube's credentials to do this?  If these doctors had said in early March that wearing a mask was important, would their videos have been pulled down since WHO and others said masks were not important until they changed their stance? 

Their opinions were based on factual inaccuracies.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »
Misinformation should be squashed by every authority that has control over its domain.

There should be zero "debate" when it comes to misinformation.

Intellectual dishonesty continues.

Who is deciding?  What credentials do they have to determine if the information is incorrect? Look at the changes from health professionals in the last two months alone.  How many pivots, turns, changes in approach have taken place that would have been deemed misinformation by some only do become solid gold information only weeks later.

These doctors are joined by other doctors asking the same questions.  Because someone doesn't like the information doesn't make it misinformation.  Imagine how many other doctors won't even bother coming forward with their opinions because of the attacks they will suffer.  Chilling.
— Plato

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2020, 01:41:04 PM »
Who is deciding?  What credentials do they have to determine if the information is incorrect? Look at the changes from health professionals in the last two months alone.  How many pivots, turns, changes in approach have taken place that would have been deemed misinformation by some only do become solid gold information only weeks later.

These doctors are joined by other doctors asking the same questions.  Because someone doesn't like the information doesn't make it misinformation.  Imagine how many other doctors won't even bother coming forward with their opinions because of the attacks they will suffer.  Chilling.

LOL.  You are hilarious. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2020, 01:49:55 PM »
I have never made any comment about NFL anthem protests here.   If you want my opinion, they have every right to express their opinion in any way they wish.  That is the American way.   There may be consequences to those actions from some parts of society, but that does not change my opinion they should be able to do what they wish.

I must have confused you with someone else who is totally not you. My bad.

The rest of the medical community is determining that this is misinformation. They based their conclusions on inaccurate data. That's not a matter of opinion. It is fact.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Contrary to Cheek-logic, not all opinions are equally valid.

Are Dr. Smith's concerns about the study done valid?   He raised legitimate concerns and the question should be whether they are valid.

I have no idea whether his concerns are legitimate or not, and I'd imagine you don't either. But for you to offer him up as some kind of objective expert - without mentioning his vested interest in hydroxychloroquine as a cure-all - is misleading at best.
This guy has been pimping hydroxychloroquine  on TV and in the White House as a "game-changer." Of course he's going to attack any study that disproves him.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2020, 01:54:33 PM »
Who is deciding?  What credentials do they have to determine if the information is incorrect?

The American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine.

The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.

COVID-19 misinformation is widespread and dangerous. Members of ACEP and AAEM are first-hand witnesses to the human toll that COVID-19 is taking on our communities. ACEP and AAEM strongly advise against using any statements of Drs. Erickson and Massihi as a basis for policy and decision making.

https://www.acep.org/corona/COVID-19/covid-19-articles/acep-aaem-joint-statement-on-physician-misinformation/

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2020, 02:29:43 PM »
Yes, you do have me confused and continue to do so.  Thank you for the information you provided.  Someone tell Elon Musk.   :D

Does this mean YouTube will start to censor claims by WHO that said COVID was not transferable from human to human?  Feels very selective on what information they are determining is wrong.  It also feels to me that some of the information continues to change and what was wrong then, is right now or the reverse. 
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2020, 02:53:41 PM »
Yes, you do have me confused and continue to do so.  Thank you for the information you provided.  Someone tell Elon Musk.   :D

Does this mean YouTube will start to censor claims by WHO that said COVID was not transferable from human to human?  Feels very selective on what information they are determining is wrong.  It also feels to me that some of the information continues to change and what was wrong then, is right now or the reverse.

Reach out to YouTube with your concerns. Or sue them.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter