[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Shaka on Thanasis' podcast by MarquetteMike1977
[June 14, 2024, 10:07:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rothstein: Marquette will host OK State in the 2020 Big East-Big 12 battle  (Read 5645 times)

tower912

• All American
I hope we get to see it.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
We will get to play the #1 recruit in the country Cade Cunningham in MKE

SaveOD238

• All American
Some great matchups in here.  Creighton @ Kansas has a chance to be a top ten battle.  Villanova @ Texas has big name cache.  Baylor @ Seton Hall has potential if SH can fill some holes.

Were pretty far down the pecking order in this one.  Oh well.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Oklahoma State had a huge November last year. Should be a solid match up.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

muwarrior69

• All American
Will MU provide PPE for all the players?

tower912

• All American
Only going to dress 7 players.   Furloughed the rest.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
Anyone thinking we might not be in the Gavitt Games this year?  With OK State, Wisconsin and UCLA, we already have three power non-conference matchups.  Not a whole lot of flexibility in scheduling non-conference games. 

Additionally, what are the odds that we flip the home/home with UCLA?  Any chance we get UCLA to travel here this year, while travel there next?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Anyone thinking we might not be in the Gavitt Games this year?  With OK State, Wisconsin and UCLA, we already have three power non-conference matchups.  Not a whole lot of flexibility in scheduling non-conference games. 

Additionally, what are the odds that we flip the home/home with UCLA?  Any chance we get UCLA to travel here this year, while travel there next?

1/3 chance we don't get a Gavitt game. 3 years left, and we have 2 games remaining. 

Posted this in the schedule thread, but am I missing any other games already decided for next season?

@UCLA
Rhode Island (N)
Minnesota/UCF (N)
OK State (H)
Wisconsin (H)
Potential BE/B10 matchup
Lehigh (H)
Likely one of Albany, LIU-Brooklyn or Quinnipiac (Tournament home game)

Miss anything?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

BM1090

• All American
Fun schedule. Probably will be a struggle but I'm excited to see a lot of teams that MU doesn't usually play.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
T-Rank has OSU as #32

Lunardi has them as an 8 seed.

Another quality match up for us and we get them at home.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American

Why would we want to flip the UCLA game and risk playing in front of no fans this year? And then have a true away game in ‘21-‘22?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Anyone thinking we might not be in the Gavitt Games this year?

We know Ok State, UWM, UCLA, Rhode Island, & Minnesota/UCF project as 5 higher level non-con games.

But in 2021, we know we get UWM, UCLA, & 3 games in Charleston. We will also likely have at least one challenge game. That's almost certainly at least 6 high level games. I think it's more likely we have a Gavitt in 2020 & not 2021.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PaintTouches

• All American
We know Ok State, UWM, UCLA, Rhode Island, & Minnesota/UCF project as 5 higher level non-con games.

But in 2021, we know we get UWM, UCLA, & 3 games in Charleston. We will also likely have at least one challenge game. That's almost certainly at least 6 high level games. I think it's more likely we have a Gavitt in 2020 & not 2021.

And Notre Dame next season, too.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Well I'm an idiot. Thanks!

It still underlies that these non-con schedules will be packed. Here's my assumption of what our next three non-cons will look like in terms of quality games:

• 2020: UWM, UCLA, Ok State, URI, Minnesota/UCF, Gavitt
  • 2021: UWM, UCLA, Charleston Classic x3, Big 12 Challenge
  • 2022: UWM, Notre Dame, Gavitt, Big 12 Challenge, Exempt Tourney (Possibly PK85?)
With just 11 games available, that means we should expect more quality games than buy games the next 3 years. If they continue chasing Q2/3 home games each year (Belmont, Vermont, Fresno, Buffalo, ND State types) that will likely reduce the number of Q4 games to just 3-4 per year. It's a far cry from where we were during Wojo's first two years.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
It still underlies that these non-con schedules will be packed. Here's my assumption of what our next three non-cons will look like in terms of quality games:

• 2020: UWM, UCLA, Ok State, URI, Minnesota/UCF, Gavitt
  • 2021: UWM, UCLA, Charleston Classic x3, Big 12 Challenge
  • 2022: UWM, Notre Dame, Gavitt, Big 12 Challenge, Exempt Tourney (Possibly PK85?)
With just 11 games available, that means we should expect more quality games than buy games the next 3 years. If they continue chasing Q2/3 home games each year (Belmont, Vermont, Fresno, Buffalo, ND State types) that will likely reduce the number of Q4 games to just 3-4 per year. It's a far cry from where we were during Wojo's first two years.

Can we please go to Battle for Atlantis in 2022 :/

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Can we please go to Battle for Atlantis in 2022 :/

I know they've looked into it, though I would prefer PK85 if we can get in. That will definitely be the marquee event that year, assuming they do it again.

wadesworld

• All American
I hate watching the Battle for Atlantis on TV. The lighting there is terrible. I prefer Maui as a TV viewer.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
I know they've looked into it, though I would prefer PK85 if we can get in. That will definitely be the marquee event that year, assuming they do it again.

Ah - was not thinking when posted. I would prefer PK85 as well. And to Wades point, Maui over B4A too.

I'd like to hit all 3 of those destinations and plan on Charleston as of now.

muguru

• All American
Ah - was not thinking when posted. I would prefer PK85 as well. And to Wades point, Maui over B4A too.

I'd like to hit all 3 of those destinations and plan on Charleston as of now.

Battle 4 Atlantis is almost always the strongest tournament field...besides the PK85. One of those two is what I want to see MU in.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
I get tripped up for a second when Brew writes UWM. I'm thinking it's the Panthers.

Oklahoma State game is on a Tuesday. Dec. 1st.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Lennys Tap

• All American
I’ve hated Ok St. since Big Country knocked us out of the tournament almost 30 years ago.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
I’ve hated Ok St. since Big Country knocked us out of the tournament almost 30 years ago.

Can’t believe that was almost thirty years ago.  I was there and it sucked.

feedback