[Today at 02:05:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Bailey declares for draft  (Read 80599 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Bailey declares for draft
« Reply #425 on: May 25, 2020, 04:07:03 PM »
And went 3-15 in conference 😂😂😂

Which shows how strong the conference was.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #426 on: May 25, 2020, 04:11:59 PM »
You’re wrong

Nope, I'm not..I am 100% correct. No matter how much you want to believe otherwise or think otherwise, it's correct. Period.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #427 on: May 25, 2020, 04:32:29 PM »
Nope, I'm not..I am 100% correct. No matter how much you want to believe otherwise or think otherwise, it's correct. Period.
::)
Goal is National Championship

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #428 on: May 25, 2020, 04:36:21 PM »

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #429 on: May 25, 2020, 04:48:55 PM »
DePaul won @ Iowa, @ Minny, beat Northwestern and Texas Tech.
They finished in last place in an obviously very tough league.

panda

• All American
« Reply #430 on: May 25, 2020, 04:56:54 PM »

The only truly impressive win out of that group is at Iowa. Which is very impressive, but the others are meh wins. TT was without their best player and probably still should’ve won. Minnesota was so mediocre and Northwestern stinks out loud.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #431 on: May 25, 2020, 05:01:38 PM »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #432 on: May 25, 2020, 05:10:28 PM »

I honestly have never understood why it seems like natural instinct for people to always prop up MU opponents. You see it constantly during the season with retorts like "this game will be tough etc etc". I don't know if it's people's way of then trying to justify a loss to a lessor team, or some sort of comfort thing in their minds which then keeps them from criticizing a performance and rather give the other team credit, but I wish more people would call a spade a spade, when it's appropriate. You see it from fans seemingly everywhere, but it seems like MU fans are towards the top of the pack for leading this charge. It's strange.

There are even some fans here(and yes I have seen it), that think EVERY single game should/will be tough unless it's a non conference bunny. I guess it makes them feel better for some reason. I guess they'd rather go out of their way to praise the other team then bring themselves to criticize an MU performance. Speaks volumes as to where the program is at if you ask me.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #433 on: May 25, 2020, 06:35:54 PM »
One more time and then I'm done with it...Let me be as perfectly clear as I can..I DO NOT CARE who else DePaul beats. It's totally irrelevant. MU should be at a level as a program/talent that they do NOT lose to DePaul. That's it, that's the final word on it.

Let me ask you, if MU is in a rebuild year and Depaul brings back the second coming of Mark Aguirre and Terry Cummings then is it still an absolute travesty? If your answer is yes then you cannot logically grasp why people think your opinion is so ridiculous. If your answer is no then you should realize college b-ball is cyclical for most programs and that's why it's so ridiculous to say these "never lose to Depaul" Statements.
Maigh Eo for Sam

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #434 on: May 25, 2020, 06:36:38 PM »
The only truly impressive win out of that group is at Iowa. Which is very impressive, but the others are meh wins. TT was without their best player and probably still should’ve won. Minnesota was so mediocre and Northwestern stinks out loud.
DePaul finished in last place.
Multiple Meh wins are big wins.
@ Minny is a huge win for a last place team.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #435 on: May 25, 2020, 06:39:08 PM »
I honestly have never understood why it seems like natural instinct for people to always prop up MU opponents. You see it constantly during the season with retorts like "this game will be tough etc etc". I don't know if it's people's way of then trying to justify a loss to a lessor team, or some sort of comfort thing in their minds which then keeps them from criticizing a performance and rather give the other team credit, but I wish more people would call a spade a spade, when it's appropriate. You see it from fans seemingly everywhere, but it seems like MU fans are towards the top of the pack for leading this charge. It's strange.

There are even some fans here(and yes I have seen it), that think EVERY single game should/will be tough unless it's a non conference bunny. I guess it makes them feel better for some reason. I guess they'd rather go out of their way to praise the other team then bring themselves to criticize an MU performance. Speaks volumes as to where the program is at if you ask me.
Have a drink my man...going off the rails that MU sometimes loses to DePaul.
Wait for it......it.will.happen.again!

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #436 on: May 25, 2020, 06:42:33 PM »
Let me ask you, if MU is in a rebuild year and Depaul brings back the second coming of Mark Aguirre and Terry Cummings then is it still an absolute travesty? If your answer is yes then you cannot logically grasp why people think your opinion is so ridiculous. If your answer is no then you should realize college b-ball is cyclical for most programs and that's why it's so ridiculous to say these "never lose to Depaul" Statements.

I think you're 100% right.  However, our best team lost six of their last seven games, and now we're probably going to be even worse.  How much longer are we going to have the same conversation?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #437 on: May 25, 2020, 06:45:48 PM »

I highlighted the crux of your statement for you...MU in a "rebuild" year. That also should never happen at MU. Are they a blue blood and can reload?? Of course not, but MU's program should be such(and the talent level should be good enough) that a "rebuild" year should at WORST have them in the bubble conversation.

panda

• All American
« Reply #438 on: May 25, 2020, 06:52:13 PM »
DePaul finished in last place.
Multiple Meh wins are big wins.
@ Minny is a huge win for a last place team.

So a team MU definitely shouldn’t lose to. Especially without their best player.....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #439 on: May 25, 2020, 06:58:56 PM »
I highlighted the crux of your statement for you...MU in a "rebuild" year. That also should never happen at MU. Are they a blue blood and can reload?? Of course not, but MU's program should be such(and the talent level should be good enough) that a "rebuild" year should at WORST have them in the bubble conversation.

Ok all the same, if Depaul were to bring back the second coming of Aguirre and Cummings ranked no 1 and we were just another solid in the tournament team it still wouldn't be a travesty. This is why people find it so ridiculous for you to say "I don't care who they beat" because then you're essentially saying that even if they were undefeated ranked no1 and we were just another marquette team it should never happen.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #440 on: May 25, 2020, 07:01:40 PM »
Ok all the same, if Depaul were to bring back the second coming of Aguirre and Cummings ranked no 1 and we were just another solid in the tournament team it still wouldn't be a travesty. This is why people find it so ridiculous for you to say "I don't care who they beat" because then you're essentially saying that even if they were undefeated ranked no1 and we were just another marquette team it should never happen.

But DePaul is nowhere near that level and hasn't been in a very long time. How about this then, in DePaul's current state, the same state they have been in for a decade, MU should NEVER lose to them. The fact that they have is an indictment on where the MU program is IMO.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #441 on: May 25, 2020, 07:03:24 PM »
So a team MU definitely shouldn’t lose to. Especially without their best player.....
Says more about the toughness of the conference that anything.

panda

• All American
« Reply #442 on: May 25, 2020, 07:23:54 PM »
Says more about the toughness of the conference that anything.

Or a really bad team fell apart when they began facing familiar opponents....

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #443 on: May 25, 2020, 07:26:10 PM »
Or a really bad team fell apart when they began facing familiar opponents....
Minnesota?  I think DePaul only played them once.....at their place....and won.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #444 on: May 25, 2020, 08:05:03 PM »
But DePaul is nowhere near that level and hasn't been in a very long time. How about this then, in DePaul's current state, the same state they have been in for a decade, MU should NEVER lose to them. The fact that they have is an indictment on where the MU program is IMO.

Yeah that's a statement I can get behind. Last year at New Years I would've disagreed but then they took a big Depaul all over their season. beyond that, 2007 is the only year it would've been marginally understandable to lose to Depaul since we joined the Big East
Maigh Eo for Sam

panda

• All American
« Reply #445 on: May 25, 2020, 08:10:25 PM »
Minnesota?  I think DePaul only played them once.....at their place....and won.

Yep you’re right. The team who went 3-15 in conference, but beat a couple teams with a pulse in November shouldn’t be considered a bad loss. Sounds about right!

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #446 on: May 25, 2020, 08:36:43 PM »
I honestly have never understood why it seems like natural instinct for people to always prop up underestimate MU opponents. You see it constantly during the season with retorts like "this game will be tough should be a cakewalk etc etc". I don't know if it's people's way of them trying to justify a loss blame the coach for the loss to a lessor team, or some sort of comfort thing irrational expectation thing in their minds which then keeps them from criticizing a performance appreciating a victory and rather give the other team credit blame the home squad's coaching staff, but I wish more people would call a spade a spade, when it's appropriate. You see it from fans seemingly everywhere, but it seems like MU fans are towards the top of the pack for leading this charge. It's strange.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 08:38:53 PM by oldwarrior81 »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #447 on: May 25, 2020, 08:39:34 PM »
I honestly have never understood why it seems like natural instinct for people to always prop up underestimate MU opponents. You see it constantly during the season with retorts like "this game will be tough should be a cakewalk etc etc". I don't know if it's people's way of them trying to justify a loss blame the coach for as loss to a lessor team, or some sort of comfort thing irrational expectation thing in their minds which then keeps them from criticizing a performance appreciating a victory and rather give the other team credit blame the home squad's coaching staff, but I wish more people would call a spade a spade, when it's appropriate. You see it from fans seemingly everywhere, but it seems like MU fans are towards the top of the pack for leading this charge. It's strange.

This is hilarious..thanks for the laugh old warrior, made actually made my point perfectly. Thank You.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #448 on: May 25, 2020, 09:33:18 PM »
I think you're 100% right.  However, our best team lost six of their last seven games, and now we're probably going to be even worse.  How much longer are we going to have the same conversation?

Who are you hiring to replace him?  Who is paying the buyout in these times?  Who is coming here knowing how tough the conference is and making the NCAA tournament 3 of 4 years gives you your walking papers without one scandal?   That list is probably a mile long, and even if there were some chaps waiting to take it they would be gone not too long with those expectations. No wonder MU coaches don't last too long. 

Easy to demand changes from fans here that aren't paying the heavy bills. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #449 on: May 25, 2020, 09:56:19 PM »
Wishing Mr. Bailey well.  Maddeningly inconsistent, but he will be missed.  Long arms, good rebounder, streaky shooting. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato