[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: DePaul lawsuit involving AD  (Read 18343 times)

LloydsLegs

• All American
Re: DePaul lawsuit involving AD
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2020, 09:14:25 PM »
Thank goodness.  A chance for that program to turn the page.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 09:18:20 PM »
If true the Sleeping Giant will soon be awaken.

Hope not...hoping they get another AD that doesn't care about BB results. DePaul is just fine the way they are.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2020, 09:29:19 PM »
Thank goodness.  A chance for that program to turn the page.

Lol you guys all think she was the problem (hmmm... what could be the reason...). If they cared about men's basketball winning she would've been fired long ago.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2020, 09:33:16 PM »
Lol you guys all think she was the problem (hmmm... what could be the reason...). If they cared about men's basketball winning she would've been fired long ago.

I would think this certainly means Leitao's days are numbered.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2020, 09:37:30 PM »
Good point. It starts at the top.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2020, 09:50:23 PM »
Retiring  ::)
Goal is National Championship

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2020, 10:10:56 PM »
Had dinner with a connected DePaul guy before the @ DeP game. About 8 of us. Guy said Leito will get an extension, and JLP is gone. Everyone laughed.
He took some crap from DeP and MU alums. He said just wait.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2020, 11:16:21 PM »

I remember your Post very well, I tried to confirm but could not.  Thanks for your post.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2020, 07:25:38 AM »
If true the Sleeping Giant will soon be awaken.

Sure.  I've heard this for 25 years or so.  I'll believe it when I see it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

asdfasdf

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2020, 08:44:14 AM »
Have the names of any potential replacements surfaced? I don't know much about how AD searches work, but I assume there are similarities to coaching searches. Doubt DePaul can get a current AD from a big program, so their candidate pool is current ADs at lower level schools or deputy ADs from bigger programs.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2020, 08:49:02 AM »
Have the names of any potential replacements surfaced? I don't know much about how AD searches work, but I assume there are similarities to coaching searches. Doubt DePaul can get a current AD from a big program, so their candidate pool is current ADs at lower level schools or deputy ADs from bigger programs.

The sent out a press release saying they will run a national search.  I think the quality of candidate will depend on how much leeway they give them to make changes.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2020, 09:16:30 AM »
Go after Loyola's?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »

Great time for the Big Donors to put the Pressure On.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

muguru

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2020, 11:11:01 AM »
DePaul fans are clamoring for John McDonough...the former CEO of the Chicago Blackhawks that was just recently fired. I mean, why don't they just clamor for Brad Stevens to be their Coach too??  ;D

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »
DePaul fans are clamoring for John McDonough...the former CEO of the Chicago Blackhawks that was just recently fired. I mean, why don't they just clamor for Brad Stevens to be their Coach too??  ;D

Why shouldn’t they think big and not settle in

Why should DePaul settle for mediocrity
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2020, 11:39:24 AM »
Why shouldn’t they think big and not settle in

Why should DePaul settle for mediocrity

Because they have to..they are below a mediocre program. Big difference when comparing DePaul to 100's of other D1 school's.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2020, 11:40:54 AM »
Because they have to..they are below a mediocre program. Big difference when comparing DePaul to 100's of other D1 school's.

No, they don’t
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2020, 11:53:27 AM »
No, they don’t

Yes they do...I'm not doing this with you Rico...you just do crap like this just to start crap. They are DuhPaul..they need to stay in their lane and realize who they are..Terry Cummings ain't walking back through that door. They will land some Associate AD at a power 5 program, or more likely an AD at a low/mid major. They can dream all they want. Reality is a completely different animal.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2020, 12:01:51 PM »
Yes they do...I'm not doing this with you Rico...you just do crap like this just to start crap. They are DuhPaul..they need to stay in their lane and realize who they are..Terry Cummings ain't walking back through that door. They will land some Associate AD at a power 5 program, or more likely an AD at a low/mid major. They can dream all they want. Reality is a completely different animal.

Reality is a completely different animal.  I agree

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2020, 01:14:17 PM »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2020, 01:41:02 PM »

McDonough???  Does he have any experience in an academic environment?  Kind of necessary, isn’t it?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2020, 01:45:37 PM »
McDonough???  Does he have any experience in an academic environment?  Kind of necessary, isn’t it?

Not really.  A number of ADs have come from professional sports or the business world. Be willing how to operate in an academic environment and have a good assistant who can manage that aspect, and you will be fine.

McDonough would be a fantastic get for DePaul.  With his background in marketing, etc., I think he could make a huge difference there.

And the idea that he wouldn't take that job may not be accurate.  Lifelong Chicago resident.  Lifelong Catholic.  In his mid 60s, he could put a good five to seven years there to get things going in the right direction. 

EDIT:  Plus the school gave him an honorary degree last year so he likely already knows the President.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:51:56 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2020, 10:44:58 AM »

Can you come out and say what you think is the reason that I think she is the problem please?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2020, 11:25:57 AM »
Just thinking out loud, this wouldn't be a job Broeker would entertain, would it?? I would certainly hope not.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2020, 12:00:17 PM »
I can’t believe marine that DePaul would ever hire Marquette’s assistant AD.