collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 371737 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2250 on: April 09, 2021, 04:53:13 PM »
I mean I'm all for calling out the TDS but I'm saying maybe call it both ways if you're gonna be an umpire here. There's some clear BDS going on that was ignored.

Have ya been on this board for the past year? 

Yes, those of us on the right are enjoying taking shots at Dementia Joe.  Nothing like the frothy mouthed rants from April 2020 to present about Trump.

Hey, you other righties, stop ripping on Biden.  He can't help it.  Let's all be polite and civil, aina?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2251 on: April 09, 2021, 04:55:39 PM »
Have ya been on this board for the past year? 

Yes, those of us on the right are enjoying taking shots at Dementia Joe.  Nothing like the frothy mouthed rants from April 2020 to present about Trump.

Hey, you other righties, stop ripping on Biden.  He can't help it.  Let's all be polite and civil, aina?

What's that adage we try to teach kids? Two wrongs don't make a right?

I'm just saying don't be a referee if you're only gonna call a foul on one team when there's multiple players involved.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 06:20:03 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2252 on: April 09, 2021, 05:24:54 PM »
Speaking of vaccines…

Hundreds of thousands of vaccine doses go unordered

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/04/09/vaccine-distribution-delays/

States have delayed ordering hundreds of thousands of vaccine doses available to them even as coronavirus outbreaks escalate — a sign the nation is moving past its supply pinch and now faces more acute challenges related to demand, staffing and inoculation of hard-to-reach populations.

At one point last week, 13 states had more than 100,000 doses apiece available and not ordered, according to a federal official familiar with the figures who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the matter’s sensitivity. Indiana had only pulled down 90 percent of doses available to the state, leaving 306,000 on the shelves. Texas had ordered 95 percent of its share, leaving 673,000 doses temporarily untouched.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2253 on: April 09, 2021, 05:47:09 PM »
What's that adage we try to teach kids? To wrongs don't make a right?

I'm just saying don't be a referee if you're only gonna call a foul on one team when there's multiple players involved.

Also, too wrongs don't make a right. :)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2254 on: April 09, 2021, 05:57:22 PM »
Speaking of vaccines...huge news that could improve the chance of normalcy news school year...

Pfizer requests FDA clearance for vaccine in kids ages 12 to 15

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/pfizer-requests-fda-clearance-vaccine-kids-ages-12-15-n1263649

Pfizer on Friday requested to expand use of its Covid-19 vaccine to adolescents ages 12 to 15.

The request asks the Food and Drug Administration to amend the emergency use authorization, which the FDA originally granted late last year for people ages 16 and up.

Last week, Pfizer-BioNTech said its Phase 3 clinical trials showed its vaccine was safe and 100 percent effective in 12- to 15-year-olds, though the findings have not been peer-reviewed.

"The hope of starting to vaccinate this age group before the start of the next school year," CEO Albert Bourla said in a statement when those results were released.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2255 on: April 09, 2021, 06:13:47 PM »

;D oops my bad!
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2256 on: April 09, 2021, 06:19:11 PM »

2 wrongs do make a lefty, doe.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2257 on: April 09, 2021, 06:56:21 PM »
2 wrongs do make a lefty, doe.

You calling my parents wrongs, kin?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2258 on: April 09, 2021, 07:12:32 PM »
Question:  After your 2nd dose, are you fully vaccinated if you neglect to post your vaccination card on Facebook?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2259 on: April 09, 2021, 08:31:30 PM »
Question:  After your 2nd dose, are you fully vaccinated if you neglect to post your vaccination card on Facebook?

No.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2260 on: April 09, 2021, 08:49:04 PM »

You calling my parents wrongs, kin?

Parents isn't woke. Gotta call them your folks.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2261 on: April 09, 2021, 09:05:17 PM »
I wonder if vaccine reactions "run in the family."

A friend of mine told me him, his brother, and his daughter .. got Pfizer and nearly exactly 12 hours later, all were sick, in bed, chills, sick for the day.  Fine the following day.  His wife had no reaction.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2262 on: April 09, 2021, 09:29:10 PM »
I wonder if vaccine reactions "run in the family."

A friend of mine told me him, his brother, and his daughter .. got Pfizer and nearly exactly 12 hours later, all were sick, in bed, chills, sick for the day.  Fine the following day.  His wife had no reaction.

My friend got her 2nd Moderna shot yesterday and was fine yesterday but was not doing real well today.  I moved up my 2nd Pfizer shot from 4/19 to 4/11 (was going to be 30 days between doses and now will be 22) and am a little worried about how I'll feel afterwards.  But I'm also excited to be closer to being fully vaccinated.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2263 on: April 09, 2021, 10:28:20 PM »

No, only if you also post on social media how you still won’t change any behavior and will still wear 3 masks and cross the street if people approach in the opposite direction.

I find it hilarious that those that are most vocal complaining about vaccination hesitancy or whatnot, are also super vocal in opposition to anyone who wants to vacation, go ANYWHERE massless, or otherwise regain some of what they sacrificed to help fight the pandemic.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2264 on: April 10, 2021, 05:24:21 AM »
 Common courtesy at this point.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2265 on: April 10, 2021, 06:24:34 AM »
Now know of two people who are positive for Covid who were vaccinated back in January.  Hmmm.

Looking forward to my 2nd dose on Monday.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2266 on: April 10, 2021, 08:07:54 AM »
Well, if you know about 50 folks who are vaccinated, that's pretty good. And, what are their symptoms? Science is real, hey?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 08:09:55 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2267 on: April 10, 2021, 08:18:25 AM »
Well, if you know about 50 folks who are vaccinated, that's pretty good. And, what are their symptoms? Science is real, hey?

It’s rare I’ve agreed with anything you posted on this sub-board, but this is one.  The vaccine at a min knocks this thing down in severity and at best protects.

We have a lot of spread - 5% is a large amount of people and that number is going to get bigger the further you are from the shot.  Just as an example most of us know someone that died in the past year.  That percent is definitely lower than those getting COVID after being vaccinated.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 10:38:12 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #2268 on: April 10, 2021, 08:26:32 AM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2269 on: April 10, 2021, 09:14:04 AM »
"Nearly 40% of Marines have declined getting the COVID-19 Vaccine."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/09/politics/marines-coronavirus-vaccines/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Marines we never known for their intelligence.

don't @me, marines, it's a joke.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2270 on: April 10, 2021, 10:36:30 AM »
I find it hilarious that those that are most vocal complaining about vaccination hesitancy or whatnot, are also super vocal in opposition to anyone who wants to vacation, go ANYWHERE massless, or otherwise regain some of what they sacrificed to help fight the pandemic.

I just can't imagine someone virtue signaling on the internet!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2271 on: April 10, 2021, 12:38:19 PM »
Marines we never known for their intelligence.

don't @me, marines, it's a joke.

hopefully this isn't your intro as keynote speaker at the commencement ceremonies

so anyone who is hesitant to get vaccine is dumb? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2272 on: April 10, 2021, 12:49:47 PM »
  hopefully this isn't your intro as keynote speaker at the commencement ceremonies

so anyone who is hesitant to get vaccine is dumb? 

I would say more ignorant than dumb.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2273 on: April 10, 2021, 02:19:02 PM »
I’ve been pretty loose for the past year (#NoGBWTIITA) and haven’t really worried about being in big, close groups.. but, went out last night for the first time since coming out of quarantine after being infected with Covid-19... bowling alley/bar...tons of people... and felt a bit relieved that I already have had Covid-19.

Twins game tomorrow, TWolves/Nets Monday. I’m ready to book a flight to Charleston!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2274 on: April 10, 2021, 02:22:09 PM »
More bad news for the AstraZeneca vaccine, as it appeared to trigger an antibody that activated platelets, leading to serious and sometimes fatal clotting. The reaction is extremely rare (~1 in 100,000 in the UK & EU), but significant due to the potentially devastating consequences. Researchers are trying to identify a predisposing condition that might help identify people who might have this reaction.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/09/health/vaccine-blood-clots-astra-zeneca.html

If they can't figure out a way to prevent or limit these reactions, it could be a huge blow to worldwide vaccination efforts.