collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 356997 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2175 on: April 07, 2021, 05:21:05 PM »
topper

My wife works for Moderna on the vaccine study and I still got the Moderna shot. Seriously, I have learned more science in the past year than I have in my previous 56 years on the planet and hope everyone gets the vaccine today. The amount of work going on in regard the variants is simply amazing. I do not think we are out of the woods globally and am still reading the new info daily.

I have spent my whole life traveling for work and have my fingers crossed I can start my routine back up again in 2021. We have all had a trying year and I believe everyone getting the vaccine is our best shot at returning to normal. I will add that I am amazed by the "smart" people I know that want nothing to do with the vaccine.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2176 on: April 07, 2021, 05:49:22 PM »
topper

My wife works for Moderna on the vaccine study and I still got the Moderna shot. Seriously, I have learned more science in the past year than I have in my previous 56 years on the planet and hope everyone gets the vaccine today. The amount of work going on in regard the variants is simply amazing. I do not think we are out of the woods globally and am still reading the new info daily.

I have spent my whole life traveling for work and have my fingers crossed I can start my routine back up again in 2021. We have all had a trying year and I believe everyone getting the vaccine is our best shot at returning to normal. I will add that I am amazed by the "smart" people I know that want nothing to do with the vaccine.

If you are still traveling to the Far East, how are they dealing with the variants?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2177 on: April 07, 2021, 05:57:09 PM »
I am a bit more hopeful today.

My daughter-in-law has been in a full panic for the last year, not leaving the house at all. My son has also been working from home 4 out of 5 days a week. I told him Saturday that everyone is eligible now. Monday morning he signed up for himself and the kids. When he told his wife, she actually went online and signed up. We were all shocked considering her earlier attitude that the vaccine was gonna kill us all.

So, there is hope that some of these science deniers will do the right thing.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2178 on: April 07, 2021, 06:04:03 PM »
Wife and I had #2 modern a week ago. I only had a sore arm for a few days.  My wife had a bad attitude about the shot (as she does with all things with a needle) she had bad headache for a week and the classic covid arm with the swelling under the arm and rash.
18 year old son came home from working out monday and asked how he can get the vaccine.  He is scheduled for J&J tomorrow.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2179 on: April 07, 2021, 06:15:58 PM »
Jockey

I am still on the IR for international travel. Our staff in China, Vietnam and India are put and about with no limitations in China and Vietnam. That said, no international for our team without quarantine.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2180 on: April 07, 2021, 06:42:05 PM »
We’re pretty sure my cousin got the shot only because her doctors made her. The rest of her family won’t take any vaccines, apparently. .

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2181 on: April 07, 2021, 06:49:04 PM »

I am a bit more hopeful today.

My daughter-in-law has been in a full panic for the last year, not leaving the house at all. My son has also been working from home 4 out of 5 days a week. I told him Saturday that everyone is eligible now. Monday morning he signed up for himself and the kids. When he told his wife, she actually went online and signed up. We were all shocked considering her earlier attitude that the vaccine was gonna kill us all.

So, there is hope that some of these science deniers will do the right thing.

This makes me hopeful.

We’re pretty sure my cousin got the shot only because her doctors made her. The rest of her family won’t take any vaccines, apparently. .

This scares the heck out of me.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2182 on: April 07, 2021, 07:49:25 PM »
This makes me hopeful.

This scares the heck out of me.

he said "pretty sure" and then followed that up with a big anecdotal statement and that scares you?  i'm sure you meant that in a concerned citizen/health care professional sort of way, but it must scare you enough to verbalize it publicly on a message board.   

first off, you cannot control everyone.  in my job as i'm sure you do as well, we advise.  if they trust and value what we advise, they act. not everyone heeds our advice.  some go for 2nd opinions; i encourage this.  many people do not like scare tactics; they push back.   

with that being said, if you get vaccinated(which you have) and those around you get vaccinated, or most do or soon to be most, what do you have to worry about?  variants, vaccines efficacy, duration of immunity, these are all things that are out of our hands.  we cannot continue to keep people holed up and afraid.  those who choose not to get vaccinated will probably eventually get sick.  if they aren't compromised and live, they develop their own immunity.  you shouldn't have to worry as you've been vaccinated.  this is not a sickness that we can prevent everyone from getting.  what happens with the next "covid"?  that scares the hell out of me.  not the sickness, but how we all are forced to react to it

we are going to look back on this and hopefully learn.  if we don't, that scares me
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2183 on: April 07, 2021, 08:48:46 PM »

he said "pretty sure" and then followed that up with a big anecdotal statement and that scares you?  i'm sure you meant that in a concerned citizen/health care professional sort of way, but it must scare you enough to verbalize it publicly on a message board.   

It had nothing to do with the "pretty sure" statement about his sister, and everything to do with what he said about the rest of the family.

with that being said, if you get vaccinated(which you have) and those around you get vaccinated, or most do or soon to be most, what do you have to worry about?

Variants that break through the immunity. If that happens, then all of us are right back where we started. If that thought doesn't scare you, you aren't paying attention. Or you're naive.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #2184 on: April 07, 2021, 08:57:26 PM »

with that being said, if you get vaccinated(which you have) and those around you get vaccinated, or most do or soon to be most, what do you have to worry about?  variants, vaccines efficacy, duration of immunity, these are all things that are out of our hands.  we cannot continue to keep people holed up and afraid.  those who choose not to get vaccinated will probably eventually get sick.  if they aren't compromised and live, they develop their own immunity.  you shouldn't have to worry as you've been vaccinated.

My close friend with Lupus among other maladies who can’t get the immunization, worries me.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2185 on: April 07, 2021, 09:34:49 PM »
My close friend with Lupus among other maladies who can’t get the immunization, worries me.

I worry about people like that too.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 09:39:15 PM by GooooMarquette »

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2186 on: April 07, 2021, 09:46:31 PM »
That’s interesting, I have a good friend with lupus and some other related maladies, and she was able to get vaccinated.
And oh, if you were referring to my statement about my cousin, I know that she got the shot due to strenuous advice from her doctors, just not how strenuous. I’m also not a ‘he’.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2187 on: April 07, 2021, 10:23:26 PM »

I don't what the "other maladies" are, but I had a relative in their 80's who has Lupus and has had both shots of Pfizer and had zero side effects.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2188 on: April 08, 2021, 06:34:25 AM »
we cannot continue to keep people holed up

Where, in America now, are people being kept "holed up"?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2189 on: April 08, 2021, 06:55:16 AM »

first off, you cannot control everyone.  in my job as i'm sure you do as well, we advise.  if they trust and value what we advise, they act. not everyone heeds our advice.  some go for 2nd opinions; i encourage this.  many people do not like scare tactics; they push back.   

with that being said, if you get vaccinated(which you have) and those around you get vaccinated, or most do or soon to be most, what do you have to worry about?  variants, vaccines efficacy, duration of immunity, these are all things that are out of our hands.  we cannot continue to keep people holed up and afraid.  those who choose not to get vaccinated will probably eventually get sick.  if they aren't compromised and live, they develop their own immunity.  you shouldn't have to worry as you've been vaccinated.  this is not a sickness that we can prevent everyone from getting.  what happens with the next "covid"?  that scares the hell out of me.  not the sickness, but how we all are forced to react to it

we are going to look back on this and hopefully learn.  if we don't, that scares me

Agreed that we should look back and learn. I think the important lessons are that we should approach another pandemic like new zealand, australia, vietnam, south korea, etc. Those countries who contained the virus extraordinarily well and didn't significantly impact their economies.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2190 on: April 08, 2021, 06:58:13 AM »
Where, in America now, are people being kept "holed up"?

All over. There are many people spooked by the govt, wasting their lives away and going bonkers
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2191 on: April 08, 2021, 07:02:05 AM »
All over. There are many people spooked by the govt, wasting their lives away and going bonkers

They're keeping themselves holed up.  They aren't being kept holed up.

Big difference.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2192 on: April 08, 2021, 07:22:21 AM »
They're keeping themselves holed up.  They aren't being kept holed up.

Big difference.

No. Everyone is free to do anything they please. People make decisions because of rules, circumstances, beliefs, etc.

When you have the government officials scaring people with nonsense, it influences many. In effect, people are being directed toward dumb and dangerous behavior.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2193 on: April 08, 2021, 07:23:29 AM »
Jockey

I am still on the IR for international travel. Our staff in China, Vietnam and India are put and about with no limitations in China and Vietnam. That said, no international for our team without quarantine.

My corporation is still not allowing international travel.  Personnel from the China facilities has been traveling within China only.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2194 on: April 08, 2021, 07:28:49 AM »
When you have the government officials scaring people with nonsense, it influences many. In effect, people are being directed toward dumb and dangerous behavior.
Kinda like all the righties scaring people about the vaccine?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2195 on: April 08, 2021, 07:42:13 AM »
Kinda like all the righties scaring people about the vaccine?

On the vaccine front, the biggest equity issue doesn’t have anything to do with “righties”.

Here in the Twin Cities, we’re opening up a huge new location next week that is only serving those living in the highest “Social Vulnerability Index” zip codes (which happens to include the one I grew up in and the one I now live in).

The vaccine issue isn’t about a small piece of the population tapping nonsense, it’s actually about the “non-righties”

So, no 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2196 on: April 08, 2021, 07:46:55 AM »
No. Everyone is free to do anything they please. People make decisions because of rules, circumstances, beliefs, etc.

So you agree, no one is being kept holed up.

Thanks.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2197 on: April 08, 2021, 07:59:38 AM »
So you agree, no one is being kept holed up.

Thanks.

The govt is simply heavily influencing people to be holed up. Without the govt, many of those holed up would not be. They are holed up because of govt — does that mean “being kept holed up”?  Probably semantics.

But I’ll agree they are not being forcefully imprisoned... if that’s your definition of being kept holed up, then you would say no, they are not being kept holed up. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2198 on: April 08, 2021, 08:14:05 AM »
There is all sorts of official, government advice about how you can not be "holed up" and still be safe.  Those people who are "scared" and "spooked" and being holed up to the extreme aren't really following government advice. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2199 on: April 08, 2021, 08:16:10 AM »
The govt is simply heavily influencing people to be holed up. Without the govt, many of those holed up would not be. They are holed up because of govt — does that mean “being kept holed up”?  Probably semantics.

But I’ll agree they are not being forcefully imprisoned... if that’s your definition of being kept holed up, then you would say no, they are not being kept holed up.

Yes, that is my definition.  Otherwise, why state it that way.