[Today at 10:47:16 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by BrewCity83
[Today at 10:46:50 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 10:45:04 AM]

Where is Marquette? by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Some additional positive press for the Big East  (Read 25425 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Some additional positive press for the Big East
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2020, 05:27:35 PM »
Yes....and it only gets worse which is what I am saying.  Stacked becomes more stacked.  Further consolidation of power, wealth and control

So you agree that NCAA revenues should be divided equally among all member institutions, right?
I can't imagine that someone so concerned with the well-being of smaller programs would tolerate a system in which power conference schools like those in the Big 10 and SEC receive operate with the benefit of budgets 5 to 10 times larger than some of their smaller DI programs.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2020, 06:38:32 PM »
So you agree that NCAA revenues should be divided equally among all member institutions, right?
I can't imagine that someone so concerned with the well-being of smaller programs would tolerate a system in which power conference schools like those in the Big 10 and SEC receive operate with the benefit of budgets 5 to 10 times larger than some of their smaller DI programs.

No, just as I don't agree everyone should be paid the same....should all lawyers be paid the same?  Let me know if you agree with that statement.

You keep stating words that were never said.  I believe each of these kids is getting a scholarship grant in aid, whether it is from Michigan or Prairie View A&M....it's a D1 scholarship to cover education, room and board.  That's what I believe they EARNED and the value exchange they are given in return for competing for said school.   Conference revenues are often split equally, but that's up to the conference.  NCAA revenues...some are split equally and some are a product of success based outcomes (i.e. advancing into the NCAA tournament). I am fine with that approach.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2020, 06:40:20 PM »
The rich get richer every year.  The gap gets bigger every year regardless of doing what is best for the student athlete.

I thought that's why we have people and organizations / controlling mechanisms to stop that from getting out of control and protecting those folks.  Hmm. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2020, 06:46:37 PM »
31 posts today by Chicos... I doubt that's the last of them as well. Wow
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2020, 07:10:16 PM »
How many sports did UCLA have to shut down because of this?
Think of all the lost opportunities for minorities and women!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2020, 07:12:57 PM »
Every thread....good lord can you be more dramatic.  I’m just answering the posts that are here.  Nothing more
"The desire to be right all the time, push buttons, get the last word in, etc.  Just not good…But not here. UGH. Embarrassing.” –Jams
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2020, 07:52:28 PM »
How does one put another poster on "Ignore?"
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2020, 09:49:54 PM »
"The desire to be right all the time, push buttons, get the last word in, etc.  Just not good…But not here. UGH. Embarrassing.” –Jams

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2020, 09:57:11 PM »
”One comment I would like to make is on the weight of the kid.  You and others continue to bring this up.  In the BBC this morning, they mentioned Zimmerman is 5'9", he's a little guy.  Martin is 6'3".   Zimmerman may weigh more, but if Martin has 6 inches on him he also has leverage.  It's the first time I have seen any report mentioning the height of those involved.  If you're a little guy at 5'9" and you have a 6'3" guy on top of you slamming your head against the pavement and breaking your nose, then I can see pulling a gun. --Hoopaloop

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2020, 10:00:38 PM »
Think of all the lost opportunities for minorities and women!

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2020, 10:02:18 PM »

Dude must have a big time gig to have so much free time.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2020, 10:32:07 AM »
Ask those in hiring. It’s not a requirement but the main avenue for people to get into coaching, which includes playing in HS. Basketball isn’t big in the Asian-American culture in the first place (sports in general are often frowned upon) which leads to a limited number of candidates for jobs.

Basketball is popular in China!