[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: McClung to test NBA waters  (Read 6999 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
McClung to test NBA waters
« on: March 30, 2020, 10:43:34 AM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 10:45:15 AM by muwarrior69 »

franklinjerry

• Starter
Re: McClung to test NBA waters
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 11:55:12 AM »
So he's entered his name into the NBA Portal?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 08:19:27 AM »
I’m sure the NBA is drooling over volume shooters with a 44% eFG and sparkling 1.3:1 AST ratio who spent a good chunk of the year hurt  :o

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 08:51:19 AM »
I think testing the waters generally can be beneficial and let players know what to work on. This year though I just don't see the benefit. You won't get the same in-person breakdown and evaluation. Obviously McClung isn't close to being a NBA player, I just don't see the benefit.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 09:03:42 AM »
I'm rooting for him. Big JP Macura energy

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 09:23:15 AM »
Unbelievable athleticism, I'm sure he'll find his way to a roster. Seems like a good guy. Tough job market though, even for him

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
I hope he stays in college. He is fun to watch, and the only bright spot at Georgetown at the moment

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 07:52:41 PM »
Unbelievable athleticism, I'm sure he'll find his way to a roster. Seems like a good guy. Tough job market though, even for him

Un belivable athleticism for a little white guy.  Far below avergae athleticism for an nba player
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 09:05:38 PM »
Un belivable athleticism for a little white guy.  Far below avergae athleticism for an nba player

He has plenty of athleticism for the NBA 
Size and shooting on the other hand ...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 11:49:52 PM »
Is he 6’2” in his moms stiletto heels or barefoot?  Just kidding. He’s the type of guy who’s most annoying when you’re playing against him, but nba?  Not so sure about that. He is a high energy guy though who’ll get in opposing players j-strap
don't...don't don't don't don't

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 04:49:22 AM »
McClung actually reminds me of Diener... but maybe not as good overall as a player, but maybe more athletic.  Diener was a competent NBA player for a while and has had an excellent overall pro career internationally.  I think McClung could have a similar trajectory. 
Fun guy to watch. 
I'd rather have him on my team than the other team!
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 06:36:41 AM »
McClung actually reminds me of Diener... but maybe not as good overall as a player, but maybe more athletic.  Diener was a competent NBA player for a while and has had an excellent overall pro career internationally.  I think McClung could have a similar trajectory. 
Fun guy to watch. 

Diener was 10x the player McClung is. Not as athletic no, but way, way better at basketball. McClung is not an NBA player.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 07:45:43 AM »
Fun guy to watch. 

Umm what? McClung is a chucker and Diener was a true PG. Diener averaged more assists as a back up Frosh than McClung did as a primary ball handler this year.  And McClung is way more athletic. They are completely different types of players, and like Wades said, McClung is nowhere near the player Diener was

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2020, 08:00:19 AM »
Fun guy to watch. 

The are actually pretty much opposites.  Deiner isn't terribly athletic, but fundamentally is very strong and a good shooter.  McClung's strength is that he is athletic.  Teams will have to take a chance that he will put in the work to develop a better shot and better handle. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2020, 08:02:56 AM »
Fun guy to watch. 
You've been beat up enough on this, so my suggestion is go back and watch the old MU games with Diener.  Diener to me, was a pass first point guard, who just so happened to be able to drain the three. Tough, gritty, and made his teammates a lot better.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 09:19:36 AM »
OK if I get beaten up a bit, that's the fun of message boards.  I admittedly did not look up his stats before posting, and now that I have, I see that his percentages are low.  Nevertheless, I'd still take him on my team at NCAA level, I think he'd be a starter and probably the leading scorer if he was on MU team next year, and I guess the Diener comparisons relate more to toughness and aggressiveness.

In fact, he's probably more like DJO... not big enough to be an NBA 2, and not a good enough PG to be an NBA PG.  Just not quite good enough.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 09:59:16 AM »
OK if I get beaten up a bit, that's the fun of message boards.  I admittedly did not look up his stats before posting, and now that I have, I see that his percentages are low.  Nevertheless, I'd still take him on my team at NCAA level, I think he'd be a starter and probably the leading scorer if he was on MU team next year, and I guess the Diener comparisons relate more to toughness and aggressiveness.

In fact, he's probably more like DJO... not big enough to be an NBA 2, and not a good enough PG to be an NBA PG.  Just not quite good enough.

That comparison I can buy a bit more.  DJO was a much better shooter from the start and throughout his career, but if McClung improves his shot, thats probably not a bad comp.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 10:36:45 AM »

McClung is more like Blackledge, but with more minutes played
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 01:17:26 PM »
If McClung is testing the NBA waters, I hope he brings oversized fins and a darn good mask/snorkel combo, because he's gonna have trouble stayin' afloat.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 01:43:45 PM »
Diener was 10x the player McClung is. Not as athletic no, but way, way better at basketball. McClung is not an NBA player.

This!!  Mc clung is an athletic college player, but below average athleticism for the Nba.  If ur best attribute is athleticism n ur undersized, below average in strength, and under athletic  compared to NBa guards u are in trouble.  Diener may have lacked athletism but literally had everything else.  A little more size and athleticism n Travis was a long time NBAer

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 01:45:05 PM »
McClung is more like Blackledge, but with more minutes played

Haha
True tho

The djo comparison smh

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2020, 01:47:03 PM »
He has plenty of athleticism for the NBA 
Size and shooting on the other hand ...

He's a slightly taller Dominic James with a better FT stroke. Relies too much on athleticism which will be mitigated against bigger stronger competition.

He's living off his YouTube videos. Without that hype coming in he's just another good player on a mediocre G-town team.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2020, 01:59:35 PM »
McClung always seems to have good games against MU, but he's just not a good player. He's Jahvon Blair with a higher usage. If I had my pick of Georgetown players to come to MU last year he wouldn't have been in my top 3.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2020, 03:12:24 PM »
He's a slightly taller Dominic James with a better FT stroke. Relies too much on athleticism which will be mitigated against bigger stronger competition.

He's living off his YouTube videos. Without that hype coming in he's just another good player on a mediocre G-town team.

Dominic was also 10x the player McClung is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2020, 03:37:06 PM »
This!!  Mc clung is an athletic college player, but below average athleticism for the Nba.  If ur best attribute is athleticism n ur undersized, below average in strength, and under athletic  compared to NBa guards u are in trouble.  Diener may have lacked athletism but literally had everything else.  A little more size and athleticism n Travis was a long time NBAer

Stop with this crap.  He has a 44 inch vertical.  He's incredibly athletic, very quick, and comparatively strong.  But that doesn't make a good basketball player.  He can't shoot and doesn't do anything at an exceptional level but leap,  which is why he won't make the league.  Not because he's not athletic enough.

feedback