Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Stan Johnson is new LMU Head Coach  (Read 58671 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Stan Johnson is new LMU Head Coach
« Reply #275 on: November 26, 2020, 11:32:27 AM »
It's a shame that so many Wojo-backers are rooting against him.

(Theyll never say it out loud, of course)

Huh? Why?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2020, 11:36:43 AM »
Some early, heavy drinking going on today.   No one that I can remember has ever criticized Stan for taking a HC job.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2020, 11:46:07 AM »

It's more of noticing inconsistencies of some posters to be obsessed with one former MU coach in comparison to others.  Notice how there isn't a 12 page thread about Holy Cross.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2020, 12:01:56 PM »

Lol, what?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2020, 12:02:15 PM »
It's more of noticing inconsistencies of some posters to be obsessed with one former MU coach in comparison to others.  Notice how there isn't a 12 page thread about Holy Cross.

I started this thread. I wasn't active on the board when Brett Nelson left in 2017. Stan left this year, several months ago. Stan also has been signficantly more active on social media and has been generally more accessible than Brett. Feel free to start a Brett Nelson Holy Cross thread. I'm sure I'd probably post something in it some time. 👍

I believe even the most oddly disgruntled MU fans here would understand Stan leaving to advance his career goals. But I am also aware there is a certain small faction here that can't enjoy, recognize, or celebrate someone's success unless it is with MU. And yes I do find that strange, but, I recognize it exists with some of the more insular, tribal, people here.

Good for Stan and LMU.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2020, 01:25:47 PM »
I started this thread. I wasn't active on the board when Brett Nelson left in 2017. Stan left this year, several months ago. Stan also has been signficantly more active on social media and has been generally more accessible than Brett. Feel free to start a Brett Nelson Holy Cross thread. I'm sure I'd probably post something in it some time. 👍

I believe even the most oddly disgruntled MU fans here would understand Stan leaving to advance his career goals. But I am also aware there is a certain small faction here that can't enjoy, recognize, or celebrate someone's success unless it is with MU. And yes I do find that strange, but, I recognize it exists with some of the more insular, tribal, people here.

Good for Stan and LMU.

I haven’t seen evidence of any Scooper even kinda-sorta rooting against Stan, but I allow that I might have missed it. Do you or Eldon have a link that supports this view?

I mean, I understand folks feeling hurt about Crean or Buzz, but it’s not logical to feel that way about Stan or Brett.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2020, 01:30:20 PM »

Legitimately curious, who here do you believe is rooting against Stan?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2020, 01:32:15 PM »
I haven’t seen evidence of any Scooper even kinda-sorta rooting against Stan, but I allow that I might have missed it. Do you or Eldon have a link that supports this view?

I mean, I understand folks feeling hurt about Crean or Buzz, but it’s not logical to feel that way about Stan or Brett.

Maybe read the other person’s post again to whom I replied, DJOver. Then maybe read mine again.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 01:57:48 PM by shoothoops »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2020, 01:33:07 PM »

Anybody who roots for Wojo to succeed, duh.

And who in their right mind would want the head coach of Marquette’s basketball program to be successful?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2020, 01:52:33 PM »

My thought is a theory built up by the guy who wanted to fire Wojo and promote Stan. Those not for it are rooting for Stan to fail to show that is a dumb idea. Also, maybe those that want to prove Wojo is the key to the recruiting success and not Stan.

Basically nonsense.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2020, 05:42:45 PM »
Delighted to see Stan get a win over his alma mater.

Stan has built a nice pipeline of recruits at LMU and the future is bright.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2020, 06:18:51 PM »
Unless LMU plays Marquette, I will be rooting for Stan to win every game.

He did a wonderful job for my alma mater, and I wish him great success as a head coach.

I seriously can’t imagine why any Warrior or Golden Eagle would feel differently.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #287 on: November 27, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »
Unless LMU plays Marquette, I will be rooting for Stan to win every game.

He did a wonderful job for my alma mater, and I wish him great success as a head coach.

I seriously can’t imagine why any Warrior or Golden Eagle would feel differently.
+1

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #288 on: November 27, 2020, 01:33:03 PM »
I'm mostly rooting for Stan's jacket.
He did some really good work here and I hope nothing but the best for him there.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Goal is National Championship

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2020, 09:43:08 PM »
LMU gave Minnesota a good battle On the road before losing. LMU and Minnesota played two games back to back . The Gophers won both games .

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #292 on: March 10, 2021, 09:11:33 AM »
Stan Johnson has been named a Finalist for the Ben Jobe Award, which is presented annually to the top Division 1 Minority Coach. He has also been named a Finalist for the Joe B. Hall Award which goes to the best First Year Coach in Division 1.

LMU had its first winning league record since 2011-2012. And, they finished 3rd or better in the WCC for the first time since 2005-2006. They were predicted to finish 7th.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2021, 09:15:01 AM »
Stan Johnson has been named a Finalist for the Ben Jobe Award, which is presented annually to the top Division 1 Minority Coach. He has also been named a Finalist for the Joe B. Hall Award which goes to the best First Year Coach in Division 1.

LMU had its first winning league record since 2011-2012. And, they finished 3rd or better in the WCC for the first time since 2005-2006. They were predicted to finish 7th.

Love hearing this about Stan. He was instrumental in the recruitment of many of our best players during the past several years.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #294 on: March 10, 2021, 10:49:40 AM »
There's an award named after Joe B. Hall!?! SMH

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #295 on: March 10, 2021, 10:50:53 AM »
There's an award named after Joe B. Hall!?! SMH

What's wrong with Joe B. Hall?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #296 on: March 10, 2021, 11:26:57 AM »

Ive waffles back and forth on if firing wojo after this year is the right or wrong move.  If we ride wojo out for at least another year or two and he gets things turned around with some March success going then great we have our coach for the foreseeable future.  If he doesn’t and we remain a program spinning it’s tires in mediocrity then we keep one eye on what Stan is doing out west for the next 3 years and keep him on a short leash for a possible return in 2023 to take the program over.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #297 on: March 10, 2021, 02:22:06 PM »
Ive waffles back and forth on if firing wojo after this year is the right or wrong move.  If we ride wojo out for at least another year or two and he gets things turned around with some March success going then great we have our coach for the foreseeable future.  If he doesn’t and we remain a program spinning it’s tires in mediocrity then we keep one eye on what Stan is doing out west for the next 3 years and keep him on a short leash for a possible return in 2023 to take the program over.

What's the point of waiting? The results are in.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #298 on: March 10, 2021, 03:31:32 PM »
Stan had a very solid first season . 13-9. NET of 97. Has some solid recruits on the way.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire