Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Stan Johnson is new LMU Head Coach  (Read 58673 times)

Silent Verbal

• All American
Re: Stan Johnson is new LMU Head Coach
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2020, 09:37:37 PM »
You almost never hear it for an at best low major recruit, Silent Verbal’s comment.

Wally was a bad basketball player, Chico.  I don’t know what Minnesota was thinking when they recruited him, but he belonged in the Horizon League.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2020, 10:22:31 PM »
Wally was a bad basketball player, Chico.  I don’t know what Minnesota was thinking when they recruited him, but he belonged in the Horizon League.

Minnesota was thinking the same thing we (and everyone else who recruited Wally) was thinking - his baby brother is really good.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2020, 10:50:22 PM »
I can't believe this is even a discussion 
When you're a first-year coach at a place like Marquette and you're recruiting against the likes of Kentucky and Duke for a kid, you do whatever you can (within the rules, I would hope) to rise to the top.
Wojo took advantage of an opportunity to bring in Wally in order to get Henry.
For this be should be praised.

Any other take on this situation is, frankly, quite dumb.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2020, 11:52:08 PM »
When you're a first-year coach at a place like Marquette and you're recruiting against the likes of Kentucky and Duke for a kid, you do whatever you can (within the rules, I would hope) to rise to the top.

This, obviously.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2020, 11:59:22 PM »

He would have been raked over to coals if he hadn’t. And as the more rational here have shown, Wally was a legit recruit.

But the same people who would have ripped Wojo to shreds for not doing the deal are ripping for doing it.  He just can’t win.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2020, 12:28:52 PM »

Agreed.  But let's be honest.... Ellenson's minutes would have been reduced on any of those teams given his "skillset".  I feel going to one of those places may have hurt his draft stock a tad.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2020, 12:40:27 PM »
Not sure why you are putting quotes around skillset.  He was very much a skilled college player.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
Agreed.  But let's be honest.... Ellenson's minutes would have been reduced on any of those teams given his "skillset".  I feel going to one of those places may have hurt his draft stock a tad.

He probably would've been reigned in from outside shooting but he still would've been a high impact player, and potentially would've helped his stock because he could've been more efficient in less minutes.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2020, 03:24:21 PM »
Another wonderful Scoop wormhole. Started with Stan getting a well-deserved head-coaching gig ... so of course now we're rehashing the recruitment and coaching of the Ellensons.

Can't believe I'm the first to point out the obvious:

smoke and mirrors

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2020, 03:35:55 PM »
You almost never hear it for an at best low major recruit, Silent Verbal’s comment.

Is Chico's still denying that he is Warrior's Dad?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »
Is Chico's still denying that he is Warrior's Dad?

Not saying he is or he isn't. But the stats show that after not posting at all from Feb. 1-28, WarriorDad has posted 101 times since Feb. 29 (and those are just the ones that weren't taken down by mods).

I guess it's just a crazy coincidence that hoopaloop was sent packin' (again) in the same time frame.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2020, 07:26:32 PM »
WarriorsDad is a Cubs fan. Chicos is an Angels fan. Therefore, WarriorsDad is not Chicos. I heard it on the internet.

Case closed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2020, 08:07:32 PM »
Not saying he is or he isn't. But the stats show that after not posting at all from Feb. 1-28, WarriorDad has posted 101 times since Feb. 29 (and those are just the ones that weren't taken down by mods).

I guess it's just a crazy coincidence that hoopaloop was sent packin' (again) in the same time frame.

A clown is a clown. No coincidence.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2020, 08:22:23 PM »

Of course.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2020, 09:13:50 PM »

Debated whether to spend one second on this.  Let this go unanswered and it becomes true, or respond.   

To my knowledge none of my messages were taken down.  Why would they be?

Since Feb 29th you have over 170 messages.  In that period of time with MU in the stretch run of the season, Coronavirus pandemic taking over the country, Markus Howard AA discussion.  NCAA and Big East tournaments canceled, and I have made all of three messages per day here?  Some of you have 15 or more a day. 

The person you and others keep saying I am was still messaging when I returned which means your theory is wrong. This place was so negative and ugly a step away from here was my decision.  My choice.  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59845.msg1200996#msg1200996

Thank you for the hit job and smear.  Maybe go back to reading only again.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2020, 09:16:49 PM »
Debated whether to spend one second on this.  Let this go unanswered and it becomes true, or respond.   

Since Feb 29th you have over 170 messages.  In that period of time with MU in the stretch run of the season, Coronavirus pandemic taking over the country, Markus Howard AA discussion.  NCAA and Big East tournaments canceled, and I have made all of three messages per day here?  Some of you have 15 or more a day. 

The person you and others keep saying I am was still messaging when I returned which means your theory is wrong. This place was so negative and ugly a step away from here was my decision.  My choice.  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59845.msg1200996#msg1200996

Chico’s you are correct that comparing someone to Chico’s is a “hot job and a smear.” 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2020, 09:23:42 PM »

Classic Chicos response.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2020, 11:08:17 PM »

What's a chicos?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2020, 07:47:15 AM »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2020, 08:04:06 AM »
Stan made a farewell slideshow.

https://twitter.com/LMUCoachJohnson/status/1244240662113005568

That’s really classy and says a lot about Stan.  I can’t remember any coach doing something like this when moving onto bigger and better things.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2020, 09:44:55 AM »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2020, 11:24:06 AM »
Really nice gesture. Class act.

Absolutely. Would seem Stan would be a viable candidate to come back to MU should he prove out to be a good coach at LMU over next few years, and if Wojo continues to underwhelm.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2020, 12:03:17 PM »
Absolutely. Would seem Stan would be a viable candidate to come back to MU should he prove out to be a good coach at LMU over next few years, and if Wojo continues to underwhelm.

+1000

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2020, 01:08:02 PM »

Possibly.  I just envision him in the PAC 12 at some point if he does blossom. 

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2020, 01:14:10 PM »
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato