[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Indiana  (Read 15241 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Indiana
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2020, 10:16:26 AM »
Why oh why didn't my parents buy a massive lake house or mountainside retreat years ago so I could escape Indiana and winter there until everything cools down? Major blunder on their part, imo

I've told my parents the same thing. I will never forgive them for their lack of foresight to build generational wealth for me and my siblings. Total ripoff.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2020, 01:54:54 PM »
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2020/12/09/covid-indiana-gov-eric-holcomb-news-conference-updates/3862940001/

Indiana is a wreck

Schools shut down. Hospital elective surgeries halted (but outpatient surgery centers can stay open...what?). Bars/restaurants still open.

Facepalm

I think that's a function of available hospital beds.  They don't want elective surgeries taking up resources and beds in hospitals, whereas outpatient centers aren't handling COVID cases.
Ludum habemus.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2020, 02:52:13 PM »
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2020/12/09/covid-indiana-gov-eric-holcomb-news-conference-updates/3862940001/

Indiana is a wreck

Schools shut down. Hospital elective surgeries halted (but outpatient surgery centers can stay open...what?). Bars/restaurants still open.

Facepalm
Not all schools are shut down. Avon schools are still open.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2020, 10:38:48 AM »
So, our governor announced the suspension of elective surgeries the other day. This was a surprise/shock to every hospital, hospital group and our state hospital association as no one from the government had spoken to any of them.

It has now come out that the governor did consult on this decision with the better business bureau, the chamber of commerce and the state-based insurance companies.

Perfect.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2020, 10:41:01 AM »
Because God forbid we don’t let people go to bars.....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2021, 06:09:59 PM »
Indiana statewide mask mandate ends 4/6. Local areas allowed to set their own guidelines. Same for private business.

Indiana has lowered the age categories incredibly quickly for access to the vaccine. The last category (anyone >16) will begin 3/31.

Personally, I believe this is due to indiana's reliance on sporting events (Indy 500) and conventions. If the state/locals can push quickly, there's a lot of money to be made this summer.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2021, 06:38:52 PM »
Yes probably right, because they are pretty much behind the other states in the area in terms of their vaccine rollout per the CDC and the NYT.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2021, 08:41:19 PM »
Indy seeing a significant increase in positive cases 2 weeks after starting the NCAA tourney.

Not good.

Many positive cases coming from restaurant staff

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2021, 01:05:39 PM »
Just saw this morning of the 135,000 who attended the Indy500, 19 have since tested positive.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2021, 03:39:54 PM »
Just saw this morning of the 135,000 who attended the Indy500, 19 have since tested positive.

Interesting. I wonder what percentage of that 135,000 has been tested
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2021, 09:58:47 AM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2021, 10:16:39 AM »
https://www.wishtv.com/news/vaccinecentral/surge-in-covid-19-cases-overwhelms-indianapolis-hospitals/

Things are going great!

“The most effective way to reduce infection and prevent serious illness is to get a COVID-19 vaccine and booster when eligible. We encourage anyone 5 and older to get vaccinated as soon as possible,” a representative for IU Health hospitals said Friday."

I think we know from both mentally declining "healthcare professionals" and Fox News hosts that the above simply isn't true. Vaccines are bad and the best way to protect yourself from COVID is to catch COVID.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-host-greg-gutfeld-advises-viewers-against-boosters-as-covid-rages

“If you urge a booster for Omicron, does that mean you are actually going to end up preventing a more effective kind of vaccination, ‘nature’s vaccination,’ which would raise the natural immunity,” Gutfeld said, adding that this would be “in a safe way” despite the clear increased risk for people who contract the virus without a booster.

Suggesting without evidence that the boosters “may not be that effective,” Gutfeld asked, “Why would you get a booster against what is, effectively, could be a booster,” referring to Omicron itself. “Call me a quack, I don’t care,” he added with a shrug before turning the entire thing into an attack on President Joe Biden."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback