[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 470000 times)

onepost

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1000 on: April 10, 2020, 02:09:32 PM »
For those in the know, what seems like a reasonable wish-list?

- Carton (3 years of eligibility at PG, although he sounds like a guy who wants to leave early)
- Turner (would be our best player and make a 2021 tourney appearance more likely)
- DeJulius (2 years of eligibility, shot-making PG who put up good numbers in average minutes on a good Michigan team)
- Burton (2 years of eligibility, looks like a do-everything guard we haven't had since the Buzz days)

What do you guys/chick think?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1001 on: April 10, 2020, 02:12:21 PM »

- Carton (3 years of eligibility at PG, although he sounds like a guy who wants to leave early)
- Turner (would be our best player and make a 2021 tourney appearance more likely)
- DeJulius (2 years of eligibility, shot-making PG who put up good numbers in average minutes on a good Michigan team)
- Burton (2 years of eligibility, looks like a do-everything guard we haven't had since the Buzz days)

I think 2/4 is a realistic wish list. One of Carton/Turner and one of DeJulius/Burton. My personal preference would be Turner and Burton, and I'd certainly take 3 of them if one of them wants to sit out and not go through the waiver process.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1002 on: April 10, 2020, 02:16:29 PM »

A reasonable wish list would be one of those players, and if I had my pick, it would be an immediately eligible Carton due to eligibility years. That being said I would really be happy with any of the four. My preference being Carton > Turner > Burton > Dejulius.

I think Turner is the biggest difference maker, but he would be only around for 1 year, and would be making a step up from a lesser league, which we all know impacts performance.

I think hoping for more than 1 commit is fine, I just think you'd be getting your hopes up for something that is highly unlikely.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: April 10, 2020, 02:18:28 PM »
I think 2/4 is a realistic wish list. One of Carton/Turner and one of DeJulius/Burton. My personal preference would be Turner and Burton, and I'd certainly take 3 of them if one of them wants to sit out and not go through the waiver process.

Why one of Carton/Turner? They are probably the two players most different from each other, Turner being a pure SG and Carton a PG.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: April 10, 2020, 02:20:50 PM »
Would not mind landing DeJulius at all. solid player

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: April 10, 2020, 02:24:05 PM »

as long as it's not June and were adding Jonah Antonio & Asbjorn Midtgaard - things are looking flush with options at the moment

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: April 10, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »

Why one of Carton/Turner? They are probably the two players most different from each other, Turner being a pure SG and Carton a PG.

They are different players but they'd both command more of the ball than someone like Burton. Just my opinion.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: April 10, 2020, 02:28:57 PM »

For clarity, this order is my preferred wish-list.  1/4 would be nice, 2/4 would be great.
We need a quality PG to pair with our young bigs, so Carton and DeJulius would be fantastic.

Turner would make 2020-2021 more palatable, and the more you hear about Burton the more we could use that as well.  Like WarriorPride said, currently flush with options.  Hope we get 2 of them.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1008 on: April 10, 2020, 02:46:36 PM »
Mike Smith to Michigan. Now the Dejulius transfer makes perfect sense.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: April 10, 2020, 02:47:24 PM »
My personal opinion...given they are in the final 4 for DeJulius, the Carton ship has sailed. Just my opinion.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1010 on: April 10, 2020, 02:54:10 PM »
I know how disappointed you were that Wojo landed Garcia, Doc, so it's not too surprising that you're rooting harder than ever for the "Green Wienie" now.

You'll have to forgive the rest of us for hoping you don't get to celebrate this time, either.

Based on history until Woj shows the Warrior fanbase that he's more than just the administration's favorite son, its hard to get excited. Wishing all of us seashell and balloons over the next few days, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: April 10, 2020, 02:56:19 PM »
My personal opinion...given they are in the final 4 for DeJulius, the Carton ship has sailed. Just my opinion.

We're in the final 4 for 2 other PG's at this point. Not sure how this has anything to do with anything

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1012 on: April 10, 2020, 03:00:25 PM »
Ben Steele and...Allison Kellaher are following Burton on Twitter.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #1013 on: April 10, 2020, 03:01:08 PM »
It makes perfect sense to take Burton and Dejulius if they have to sit a year because it evens out the classes.Throw in Turner as a grad and all set.Leaving 4 scholarships for the 2021 class

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: April 10, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »
We're in the final 4 for 2 other PG's at this point. Not sure how this has anything to do with anything

Actually one PG...DeJulius is the only other True PG they are in the final 4 for..Burton and Turner are more 2 guards that can/have played PG. Anyway, I don't think they would even pursue DeJulius if they thought/knew they were getting Carton. Just my opinion. If you knew Carton was coming, why would you pursue DeJulius as well?? Now granted you always keep recruiting and want the best possible talent you can get(which I applaud) but that one wouldn't really make sense to me if you connect the dots.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: April 10, 2020, 03:26:05 PM »
Great for Stan!

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
Now
LMU big man Mattias Markusson has decided to stay at LMU and play for new coach Stan Johnson, source told @stadium
. Big man had no shortage of high-major options after entering the transfer portal.

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1016 on: April 10, 2020, 03:26:53 PM »

Based on history until Woj shows the Warrior fanbase that he's more than just the administration's favorite son, its hard to get excited. Wishing all of us seashell and balloons over the next few days, hey?

Obviously you've missed the "history" regarding the 3 recruits that are coming this year.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: April 10, 2020, 03:31:14 PM »
Obviously you've missed the "history" regarding the 3 recruits that are coming this year.
::)

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: April 10, 2020, 03:43:51 PM »
Great for Stan!

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
Now
LMU big man Mattias Markusson has decided to stay at LMU and play for new coach Stan Johnson, source told @stadium
. Big man had no shortage of high-major options after entering the transfer portal.

Stan always gets his man.  That program is going to rise.  Maybe not to St Mary or BYU levels within the WCC, but they could get to where USF has been the last few years.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: April 10, 2020, 03:48:12 PM »
It makes perfect sense to take Burton and Dejulius if they have to sit a year because it evens out the classes.Throw in Turner as a grad and all set.Leaving 4 scholarships for the 2021 class

This would be an ideal scenario.  We have a crap ton of potential PT available to offer...we've got to be able to close a couple of these solid transfer options.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: April 10, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »
This would be an ideal scenario.  We have a crap ton of potential PT available to offer...we've got to be able to close a couple of these solid transfer options.

I hate to be that guy but there's about a 0% chance this happens

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #1021 on: April 10, 2020, 04:07:22 PM »
Hound it makes perfect sense only if they both have to sit a year.Turner and McEwen graduate and those two fill there slots and get plenty of PT

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: April 10, 2020, 04:18:12 PM »
With all the playing time he has to offer, if Wojo can’t land Burton, DeJulius, and Turner and get Carton to walk on for a year until a scholarship opens up he’ll never be able to land a good recruiting class.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1023 on: April 10, 2020, 04:22:47 PM »
With all the playing time he has to offer, if Wojo can’t land Burton, DeJulius, and Turner and get Carton to walk on for a year until a scholarship opens up he’ll never be able to land a good recruiting class.

Why do you have to do this sh*t??

True_Golden_Eagles

• Walk-On
« Reply #1024 on: April 10, 2020, 04:49:47 PM »
Updated yesterday by ESPN Jeff Borzello

2. Justin Turner, 6-4, 205 pounds, SG, RS Jr., Bowling Green
Earned first-team All-MAC honors after averaging 18.8 points and 4.6 rebounds. The final three for the Detroit native include Missouri, Marquette and Iowa State. The Tigers have received most of the buzz.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28167956/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2020-21-2021-22