[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 464143 times)

WarriorPride68

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #975 on: April 10, 2020, 11:19:09 AM »
Anyway, anyone else find it interesting that Burton is announcing Monday when that is also possibly the same date Turner announces??
Hopefully not Wojo on Monday
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:22:08 AM by WarriorPride68 »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #976 on: April 10, 2020, 11:30:12 AM »

Boy this would be incredibly disappointing..like HUGE. Getting Turner would be a fantastic get, do not get me wrong, but I had been getting really excited at the idea that they could land two legitimate top of the market transfers. So yes, while Carton is still out there(but been so quiet no one knows what's up with that) and they could end up with Carton and Turner, and it will would be all great, it just suddenly feels like all they may get is one of those...But if they could only get one, Turner would be the one I want and yet, it would still be disappointing to only land him..that would be a huge buzzkill, though still good, if that makes any sense??

I guess there is also the possibility, given the timing of when Burton is announcing that Wojo backed off because he feels pretty good about landing Turner.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:34:22 AM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #977 on: April 10, 2020, 11:40:05 AM »
I’d be thrilled if we land a single one of the top 10 transfers out there. Every team in the country is shopping for these players. Look at guys like Tape who ends up at Duke. He’s not even good and he’s going to arguably the best program in the country.

I would expect no more than one difference maker.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #978 on: April 10, 2020, 11:41:38 AM »
Boy this would be incredibly disappointing..like HUGE. Getting Turner would be a fantastic get, do not get me wrong, but I had been getting really excited at the idea that they could land two legitimate top of the market transfers. So yes, while Carton is still out there(but been so quiet no one knows what's up with that) and they could end up with Carton and Turner, and it will would be all great, it just suddenly feels like all they may get is one of those...that would be a huge buzzkill, though still good, if that makes any sense??
fair to say these are/were MU "A" options:

A.Griffin
C.Jones
J.Turner - next 72 hours
J.Burton - next 72 hours
DJ Carton - who the hell knows
Mane
DeJulius

as long as Wojo doesn't come out of this with just Jonah Antonio or something...

onepost

• All American
« Reply #979 on: April 10, 2020, 11:51:57 AM »
Boy this would be incredibly disappointing..like HUGE. Getting Turner would be a fantastic get, do not get me wrong, but I had been getting really excited at the idea that they could land two legitimate top of the market transfers. So yes, while Carton is still out there(but been so quiet no one knows what's up with that) and they could end up with Carton and Turner, and it will would be all great, it just suddenly feels like all they may get is one of those...But if they could only get one, Turner would be the one I want and yet, it would still be disappointing to only land him..that would be a huge buzzkill, though still good, if that makes any sense??

I guess there is also the possibility, given the timing of when Burton is announcing that Wojo backed off because he feels pretty good about landing Turner.

I honestly appreciate how quick you've been on updates with the transfers, guru.
But man......take a few breaths.  We'll be alright.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #980 on: April 10, 2020, 11:54:26 AM »
I’d be thrilled if we land a single one of the top 10 transfers out there. Every team in the country is shopping for these players. Look at guys like Tape who ends up at Duke. He’s not even good and he’s going to arguably the best program in the country.

I would expect no more than one difference maker.

Agree. Landing more than one transfer who expects major minutes and I think we start seeing some pretty major shakeups with the current roster. Depending on who you ask, that may or may not be a big deal.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #981 on: April 10, 2020, 11:55:57 AM »
Agree. Landing more than one transfer who expects major minutes and I think we start seeing some pretty major shakeups with the current roster. Depending on who you ask, that may or may not be a big deal.

I’m not even taking current roster makeup into consideration. I just think playing the percentages there’s too much competition for even mediocre transfers to think that MU will land two difference makers.

Give me one and let’s see what happens.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #982 on: April 10, 2020, 12:19:38 PM »
We need two transfers, if Koby plays even more than spot minutes at the PG spot MU will have another under achieving year.  MU underachieved last year imo, because our PG play was a trainwreck with koby.  He ma ybe ok as a role player at the 2 or 3.  If we cannot do better than Koby at the point then we will be in for another underacheiving season.  Cant have the Keystone Kop at PG again
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #983 on: April 10, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »
We need two transfers, if Koby plays even more than spot minutes at the PG spot MU will have another under achieving year.  MU underachieved last year imo, because our PG play was a trainwreck with koby.  He ma ybe ok as a role player at the 2 or 3.  If we cannot do better than Koby at the point then we will be in for another underacheiving season.  Cant have the Keystone Kop at PG again
Sy will be the starting PG, book it.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #984 on: April 10, 2020, 12:23:52 PM »
I’m not even taking current roster makeup into consideration. I just think playing the percentages there’s too much competition for even mediocre transfers to think that MU will land two difference makers.

Give me one and let’s see what happens.

I think it all depends on waivers/immediate eligibility.  Carton may be natural waiver candidate, but I don't really think Burton is.  Only way I see Burton getting a waiver is if the NCAA basically does blanket waivers.  Carton may also want to take a RS year to get his personal stuff sorted out, which is worth keeping in mind. 

I guess what I am trying to say is a Carton commit may scare off Turner, but I think Turner will commit before Carton based on what we know.  I don't think a Turner commit will scare off Carton at all - I think Burton may have more of a factor on Carton.

In any event, getting 2 of those 3 would be a pretty big win for Wojo and Co.   
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #985 on: April 10, 2020, 12:24:12 PM »
Sy will be the starting PG, book it.

Oh I think that is highly doubtful.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #986 on: April 10, 2020, 12:37:07 PM »
I think it all depends on waivers/immediate eligibility.  Carton may be natural waiver candidate, but I don't really think Burton is.  Only way I see Burton getting a waiver is if the NCAA basically does blanket waivers.  Carton may also want to take a RS year to get his personal stuff sorted out, which is worth keeping in mind. 

I guess what I am trying to say is a Carton commit may scare off Turner, but I think Turner will commit before Carton based on what we know.  I don't think a Turner commit will scare off Carton at all - I think Burton may have more of a factor on Carton.

In any event, getting 2 of those 3 would be a pretty big win for Wojo and Co.
ESPN is reporting that the NCAA will meet 4/24 to discuss the one time transfer waiver and then vote on 5/20 for 20/21 implementation.  Will also discuss various NIL proposals.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #987 on: April 10, 2020, 12:42:20 PM »
ESPN is reporting that the NCAA will meet 4/24 to discuss the one time transfer waiver and then vote on 5/20 for 20/21 implementation.  Will also discuss various NIL proposals.

Yah, the talking heads have been saying they think the one time transfer without sitting out will be implemented for 21/22 season.  But perhaps the NCAA does a blanket waiver for all transfers this year due to Coronavirus - its possible. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #988 on: April 10, 2020, 12:52:34 PM »

Oh I think that is highly doubtful.
Why do you think that?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #989 on: April 10, 2020, 01:04:02 PM »
Why do you think that?

Because I don’t think he is nearly as good on both ends of the floor as his Scoop reputation. The only possible way I see it is if we strike out on transfers.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #990 on: April 10, 2020, 01:09:38 PM »

Because I don’t think he is nearly as good on both ends of the floor as his Scoop reputation. The only possible way I see it is if we strike out on transfers.
Fair enough. I guess we differ in abilities, plus I have a suspicion he has been given the keys to the car by Wojo (hence his tweet from awhile back).

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #991 on: April 10, 2020, 01:13:53 PM »

[/quote

Green Wienie, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GoldenDieners32

• All American

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #993 on: April 10, 2020, 01:37:36 PM »
David DeJulius is down to four, and MU is one of them:

https://twitter.com/endless_motor/status/1248679991979708416?s=19

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #994 on: April 10, 2020, 01:40:16 PM »
David DeJulius is down to four, and MU is one of them:

https://twitter.com/endless_motor/status/1248679991979708416?s=19

This is great news. Looks like MU, ISU and Mizzou are in close competition for the top transfers on the market (Burton, Dejulius and Turner). Which would make one thing there's a good chance of us landing at least one (and likely only one).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:43:09 PM by Tha Hound »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #995 on: April 10, 2020, 01:42:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/thetrueone1_/status/1248677183012458498?s=21

Interestingly enough, Koby started follwing him on twitter, and just now, Ben Steele started following him.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #996 on: April 10, 2020, 01:43:45 PM »
@jakeweingarten: Michigan transfer David DeJulius is down to his final-four schools, he told @Stockrisers: Iowa State, Cincinnati, Marquette and Missouri. He had 20+ high-major programs reach out.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #997 on: April 10, 2020, 01:44:19 PM »
Green Wienie, aina?

I know how disappointed you were that Wojo landed Garcia, Doc, so it's not too surprising that you're rooting harder than ever for the "Green Wienie" now.

You'll have to forgive the rest of us for hoping you don't get to celebrate this time, either.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #998 on: April 10, 2020, 01:52:35 PM »
I know how disappointed you were that Wojo landed Garcia, Doc, so it's not too surprising that you're rooting harder than ever for the "Green Wienie" now.

You'll have to forgive the rest of us for hoping you don't get to celebrate this time, either.
Yep. of all the times to be bitter. Now?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #999 on: April 10, 2020, 02:03:47 PM »

Remember Al McGuire?  That was awesome
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

feedback