[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 464302 times)

94Warrior

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #650 on: March 31, 2020, 03:06:54 PM »
nm

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #651 on: March 31, 2020, 03:12:38 PM »
Obviously a very tasteless  joke.  But, then, this is Scoop.   :(

Only if you’re an extreme prude.

And your participation on the board is completely voluntary.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #652 on: March 31, 2020, 03:17:18 PM »
I do not like this immediate transfer thing. We have three freshmen that I am pretty excited about. The thought that they can jus jump ship after one year makes me nervous. I rather see them all get huge playing time, than bring in a grad transfer that would reduce their playing time. The way I see it is that the more they play the less likely they will just decide to go else where after their freshmen year.

The freshman guys will get plenty of PT.  If they're scared about a little competition, they were overrated to begin with.  I want to win - getting 1 grad transfer guard and 1 grad transfer big, and then the best possible traditional transfer we can get our hands on (hopefully Carton) is the best option.  Plus, Wojo is never going to just light 3 scholarships on fire to keep Garcia/Oso/Lewis happy. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #653 on: March 31, 2020, 10:57:58 PM »
Obviously a very tasteless  joke.  But, then, this is Scoop.   :(

It is what it is...will never change.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #654 on: April 01, 2020, 11:30:41 AM »

Jon Rothstein

@JonRothstein

American grad transfer Mark Gasperini has committed to UMass, per his Twitter page.

Immediately eligible.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #655 on: April 01, 2020, 11:35:21 AM »
Guess we're rolling with just Theo and then undersized/out of position backups at the 5 next season. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #656 on: April 01, 2020, 11:47:26 AM »
Evan Daniels

@EvanDaniels

CSU Northridge guard Terrell Gomez is in the Transfer Portal, per a source. Averaged 19.8 PPG and shot 44% from three on 252 attempts this season.

He's only 5'8"

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #657 on: April 01, 2020, 12:59:55 PM »
Evan Daniels

@EvanDaniels

CSU Northridge guard Terrell Gomez is in the Transfer Portal, per a source. Averaged 19.8 PPG and shot 44% from three on 252 attempts this season.

He's only 5'8"

Forget about that, they are all good on the O side, but on D, different animal.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #658 on: April 01, 2020, 01:05:30 PM »

Sounds like a Wojo special.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #659 on: April 01, 2020, 01:21:36 PM »
Evan Daniels

@EvanDaniels

He's only 5'8"
That is exactly what we do not need right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #660 on: April 01, 2020, 03:14:12 PM »
Lol.  According to Scoop, with 3 open scholarships we have a pool of about 4 players we'd take on our roster.  Thank God we're the only program in the country that wants players like Carton and Mane or we'd be in a real predicament of either burning 3 scholarships or bringing in players we don't want to bring in.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #661 on: April 01, 2020, 03:44:32 PM »
I be happy getting one

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #662 on: April 01, 2020, 03:56:35 PM »
Lol.  According to Scoop, with 3 open scholarships we have a pool of about 4 players we'd take on our roster.  Thank God we're the only program in the country that wants players like Carton and Mane or we'd be in a real predicament of either burning 3 scholarships or bringing in players we don't want to bring in.

Depends on what one means by a predicament. Pretty sure without Mane or Carton we won’t be all that good next year. For some, that’s a predicament. For others, not so much.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #663 on: April 01, 2020, 04:21:37 PM »

FWIW, his advanced stats have him exceptional on offense and defense.

Not saying MU should take him or will even inquire, just saying, size can be deceiving sometimes. let's put it this way...if they fill their other two spots with say Carton/Mane and Turner and want to use their last scholarship and it came down between this kid, or Jonah Antonio..I'd take Gomez every time..Smaller yes, but better defender and better shooter. A guy like that coming off the bench can be very valuable.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #664 on: April 01, 2020, 05:31:38 PM »
FWIW, his advanced stats have him exceptional on offense and defense.

Not saying MU should take him or will even inquire, just saying, size can be deceiving sometimes. let's put it this way...if they fill their other two spots with say Carton/Mane and Turner and want to use their last scholarship and it came down between this kid, or Jonah Antonio..I'd take Gomez every time..Smaller yes, but better defender and better shooter. A guy like that coming off the bench can be very valuable.

I hated watching Rowsey and Markus when there man easily jumped over them for a rebound, or an easy 10 footer, enough of midget guards,  unless he is as good as
Calvin Murphy or Allen Iverson.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #665 on: April 01, 2020, 05:45:45 PM »
I hated watching Rowsey and Markus when there man easily jumped over them for a rebound, or an easy 10 footer, enough of midget guards,  unless he is as good as
Calvin Murphy or Allen Iverson.

I’d take either one of those former Marquette guys in a heartbeat.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #666 on: April 01, 2020, 05:49:35 PM »
Evan Daniels
@EvanDaniels
·
23s
Bryce Aiken, arguably the nation’s top transfer, has cut his list of schools to Iowa State, Maryland, Michigan and Seton Hall, he tells @247Sports
. Aiken went in-depth on his finalists and the recruiting process. | Story: https://247sports.com/college/basket

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #667 on: April 01, 2020, 09:15:35 PM »
Saw this on twitter:

Our entire staff, support personnel, Markus, Theo and the MUBB account followed Justin Turner today

muguru

• All American
« Reply #668 on: April 01, 2020, 09:24:01 PM »
Saw this on twitter:

Our entire staff, support personnel, Markus, Theo and the MUBB account followed Justin Turner today

Yup, and JT is followed by the entire Coaching staff, plus Markus, Theo, Allison Kellahar and Brandon Yoder and even Killings's wife  ;)

muguru

• All American

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #670 on: April 02, 2020, 11:06:53 AM »
Ben Steele article on Turner

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2020/04/02/bowling-green-graduate-transfer-justin-turner-has-marquette-list/5094649002/

Sounds like the focus list for the staff right now:

Turner
Carton
Burton
Carlik Jones

Turner sounds like he views himself as a good fit.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #671 on: April 02, 2020, 11:07:14 AM »
Yup, and JT is followed by the entire Coaching staff, plus Markus, Theo, Allison Kellahar and Brandon Yoder and even Killings's wife  ;)

Nice, he has a Matt Mooney comp on KenPom... I often wonder what the '19 season would have looked like if we had landed Mooney instead of Chartouny...

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #672 on: April 02, 2020, 11:21:00 AM »
Saw this on twitter:

That's a very good sign. 

Turner + Carton or Mane + best transfer grad or sit out we can get our hands on would be an awesome offseason.  Obviously the three of those would be a dream come true. 

To those following closely - any recent news on Carton?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #673 on: April 02, 2020, 11:41:37 AM »

Jon Rothstein

@JonRothstein
·
3m

Nebraska's Cam Mack will transfer, per his Twitter page.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #674 on: April 02, 2020, 11:42:18 AM »
That's a very good sign. 

Turner + Carton or Mane + best transfer grad or sit out we can get our hands on would be an awesome offseason.  Obviously the three of those would be a dream come true. 

To those following closely - any recent news on Carton?

His recruitment has gone strangely, deadly silent.