[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 464523 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #550 on: March 29, 2020, 03:57:56 PM »
Again, we have another ProWojer "not getting it". 

Here's a list of all of the MU players playing Pro Ball overseas.  Notice how not one on the list is a Wojo recruit.  The rest are Crean, Buzz, or Transferred In

What does this tell you about Wojo and Recruiting/Development?

Davante Gardner (6'8''-PF-91, graduated '14, plays pro in Japan)
Travis Diener (6'1''-PG-82, graduated '05, plays pro in Italy)
Trent Lockett (6'5''-G-90, graduated '13, plays in Russia)
Derrick Wilson (6'1''-PG-92, graduated '15, plays pro in Denmark)
Jerel McNeal (6'3''-G-87, graduated '09, plays pro in Israel)
Katin Reinhardt (6'5''-G-93) plays for Ratiopharm Ulm in German BBL
Luke Fischer (6'11''-C-94) plays for Gran Canaria in Spanish Liga Endesa
Dwight Buycks (6'3''-PG-89) plays for Shenzhen Leopards in Chinese CBA
David Cubillan (5'11''-PG-87) plays for Guaros in Venezuelan LPB
Andrew Rowsey (5'11''-PG-94) plays for Szolnok in Hungarian A Division
Jamil Wilson (6'7''-F-90) plays for Fiat TO in Italian Serie A
Matt Carlino (6'3''-PG-92) plays for Chorale de Roanne Basket in French ProB
Chris Otule (6'11''-C-90) plays for Sharks Antibes in French Jeep ELITE ProA
Dominic James (5'11''-PG-86) plays for Al Sadd in Qatari D1
Darius Johnson-Odom (6'2''-PG-89) plays for Iowa Wolves in the NBA G League
Vander Blue (6'5''-SG-92) plays for Texas Legends in the NBA G League
Juan Toscano (6'6''-F-93) plays for Santa Cruz Warriors in the NBA G League
Niv Berkowitz (6'3''-SG-86) plays for Elitzur Ironi Ashkelon in Israeli National League
Ousmane Barro (6'10''-C/F-84) plays for CS Dinamo Bucuresti in Romanian Liga Nationala
Maurice Acker (5'8''-PG-87) plays for Lille Metropole Basket in French ProB
Todd Mayo (6'3''-G-91) plays for Pueblo Nuevo in Dominican Rep. Santiago League
Dwight Burke (6'8''-F-86) plays for Recy Saint-Martin in French NM1
Junior Cadougan (6'2''-G-90) plays for St. John's Edge in the NBL Canada
Lawrence Blackledge (6'9''-F-85) played for Golden Eagles in the The Basketball Tournament few monts ago
Jake Thomas (6'3''-G-91) played for Golden Eagles in the The Basketball Tournament last year

This is so very dumb.
Tell us, how many Wojo recruits were no longer in college at the start of the 2019 season?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:21:43 PM by Pakuni »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #551 on: March 29, 2020, 04:00:55 PM »
Lol. This guy. What “nobody” has Wojo turned into a star?

Howard was on USA Basketball U-17 team and played at premier high school program at Findlay Prep in Vegas. Stan said he was a program changer ever before he stepped foot on campus. Plus Markus went back home to AZ every off season and trained with his brother.

Wojo has 1 guy who has played in NBA - Henry...which was inevitable.

Buzz?  Wes, Lazar, Jimmy, Jae, Vander, DJO, Buycks, Jamil, and Juan. Everyone of those guys improved under Buzz and developed toughness that enabled them to make to NBA against all odds - even if just for a couple of 10-day contracts.

Oh.  So now players only show development if they were a "nobody" and turned into a "star?!"

This guy!  Says Wes, Lazar, Jae, Vander, DJO, Jamil, and Juan were "nobodys" who "turned into stars."

Get a freaking clue lol.  Absolutely embarrassing, but the comedic value you bring is outstanding.  I really wish you hadn't been banned 5 times here (the fact that you're back here after being banned 5 times is straight up comedy in and of itself).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #552 on: March 29, 2020, 04:22:14 PM »
Averaged 1.5PPG and 2.0 RPG this past year 8 MPG

3.9PPG and 3.1 RPG in 18-19

1.2 and 1.9 as a Freshman.

These are terrible numbers. Very HARD pass. He's a nobody

sure, but once he gets on the Ed Morrow / Jayce Johnson program those numbers will double!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #553 on: March 29, 2020, 04:40:42 PM »

Howard was on USA Basketball U-17 team and played at premier high school program at Findlay Prep in Vegas. Stan said he was a program changer ever before he stepped foot on campus. Plus Markus went back home to AZ every off season and trained with his brother.

Buzz?  Wes, Lazar, Jimmy, Jae, Vander, DJO, Buycks, Jamil, and Juan. Everyone of those guys improved under Buzz and developed toughness that enabled them to make to NBA against all odds - even if just for a couple of 10-day contracts.

Wes plays 1 year under Buzz and you give Buzz credit. Juan plays 1 year under Wojo and you give Buzz credit.

I swear I'm surprised you haven't given Buzz credit for Deonte Burton too.
Maigh Eo for Sam

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #554 on: March 29, 2020, 04:45:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure Rowsey transferred in under Wojo

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #555 on: March 29, 2020, 04:46:08 PM »

There's a lot of this post that I disagree with but I don't feel like re-hashing old arguments. If you're giving Wes and Lazar to Buzz then you have to give Juan to Wojo. Juan played one season under Wojo, scored over half of his collegiate points and had by far his highest eFG% season on greatly increased volume. Juan shot 49% overall and 35% from 3 as a senior under Wojo. His previous highs were 38% and 29%, respectively.

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #556 on: March 29, 2020, 04:50:34 PM »
So it took Anderson 4 years to get to the NBA after graduating and you are giving Buzz credit?  I enjoy laughing at you guys. Thanks.

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #557 on: March 29, 2020, 04:54:05 PM »
This is so very dumb.
Tell us, how many Wojo recruits were no longer in college at the start of the 2019 season?

To answer Pakuni. It's five total recruits not playing in college this year. One is Ike. The others are Cohen, Ellenson, Heldt, and Carter. So of the recruits no longer in college, Wojo has gotten 20 percent of them drafted in the first round of the NBA. Twenty-five if you want to give him a pass about Ike. 

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #558 on: March 29, 2020, 04:56:32 PM »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #559 on: March 29, 2020, 04:57:35 PM »
To answer Pakuni. It's five total recruits not playing in college this year. One is Ike. The others are Cohen, Ellenson, Heldt, and Carter. So of the recruits no longer in college, Wojo has gotten 20 percent of them drafted in the first round of the NBA. Twenty-five if you want to give him a pass about Ike.

And next year it will be 2/7

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #560 on: March 29, 2020, 05:03:30 PM »
Let me know when Wojo is mentioned in an article like this:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2312571-how-trail-blazers-wes-matthews-took-being-underrated-to-the-next-level

We know. Buzz is a miracle worker. Just look at what he did for Jake Thomas and Derrick Wilson. Your list is unarguable. You win.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 05:25:51 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #561 on: March 29, 2020, 05:23:33 PM »

Nope.
Traci Carter played at the University of Hartford this year.
Sandy Cohen played for Maccabi Tel Aviv, which is traditionally one of the best clubs in the EuroLeague.
Heldt and Ellenson are the two others not in college.

Now we can see why Mike Deane's list is dumb.
I's mighty generous to give Wojo a pass on Ike. It's obvious Wojo demotivated him into a career-ending back injury.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #562 on: March 29, 2020, 05:37:20 PM »
It appears MU is signing 6’5” UNLV transfer Jonah Antonio from Australia. 247Sports lists him as a jr., but I believe he’s a grad transfer with one yr. available.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #563 on: March 29, 2020, 05:43:06 PM »
It appears MU is signing 6’5” UNLV transfer Jonah Antonio from Australia. 247Sports lists him as a jr., but I believe he’s a grad transfer with one yr. available.
Bailey Lite:   Can shoot the 3, but is horrible from inside the arc shooting 27% from field last year..  Shot 42% from the FT line.  This reeks of desperation if this is a #DoneDeal

Boone

• All American
« Reply #564 on: March 29, 2020, 05:43:18 PM »
 :-\

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #565 on: March 29, 2020, 05:46:41 PM »
Bailey Lite:   Can shoot the 3, but is horrible from inside the arc shooting 27% from field last year..  Shot 42% from the FT line.  This reeks of desperation if this is a #DoneDeal

How would it “wreak of desperation?” It wreaks of “we have open spots and a 6’5” shooter wants to join a roster that could use some shooters.”

Maybe Maryland, Georgia, BYU, Xavier, and Illinois were desperate too.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #566 on: March 29, 2020, 05:51:10 PM »

Based on?? Do you have a source? There's nothing on twitter

panda

• All American
« Reply #567 on: March 29, 2020, 05:56:20 PM »
How would it “wreak of desperation?” It wreaks of “we have open spots and a 6’5” shooter wants to join a roster that could use some shooters.”

He was a bad shooter at Mount St. Mary’s and a really bad shooter at UNLV.

He doesn’t really do anything else.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #568 on: March 29, 2020, 06:01:11 PM »

Well I don't think that this is true, but IF it is...you have 3 scholarships available..what if you can get Turner, Carton and Mane, but instead you took Antonio?? Then what??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #569 on: March 29, 2020, 06:06:55 PM »

Please tell me the lineup you have on the court with him......  I'd love to hear this.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #570 on: March 29, 2020, 06:12:31 PM »
A career 32.5% three point shooter who was like the 8th man for a middle-of-the-road Mountain West team? He's not even the best grad transfer we targeted from UNLV. Hope either this report is wrong or Antonio is way better than I'd anticipate.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #571 on: March 29, 2020, 06:17:41 PM »
A career 32.5% three point shooter who was like the 8th man for a middle-of-the-road Mountain West team? He's not even the best grad transfer we targeted from UNLV. Hope either this report is wrong or Antonio is way better than I'd anticipate.

Go back and look at the poster's history..draw your own conclusions, but it sure looks like a "stir the pot" post to me.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #572 on: March 29, 2020, 06:18:33 PM »

There is no report. The "source" is a 13 post random who has not provided a real source, not even speculation from a random twitter egg account.

Doo

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #573 on: March 29, 2020, 06:27:37 PM »
Yes. Stan sold the F out of MU and Wojo. Lots of playing time available to sell this past recruiting cycle. Didn’t have to sell against another year end implosion either. Losing Sam and Joey opened up a lot of PT.

Question:  What grade do you give Wojo so far?
I give Wojo a C+ but expected better.  You never addressed your contradictory posts.  One day Stan was responsible for all of our recruits and the next day you said that recruits commit to the head coach...which is it?

Viper

• All American
« Reply #574 on: March 29, 2020, 06:29:50 PM »
Refer to grad transfers, 247Sports. Unless the site is bs, which I don’t think it is, they list MU as 100%. I don’t think Wojo will take a total stiff knowing he’s on thin ice. And, maybe Turner has indicated ‘no thanks’. This still leaves room for Carton and Mane, or a ‘big’. Personally, give me a bunch of 3/4’s and let’s run like hell.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.